Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need a lot of help, bought the game and have not been able to log in / play.

Vgundam21
Vgundam21
Soul Shriven
Hey guys, I really need some help here. I am getting absolutely nowhere with ESO support.

Back in 2015 I bought ESO for my mom to try. She loved Skyrim and I figured she might like it. She didn't think she would but I told her just to try it and she didn't have to play it if she didn't like it. She didn't have an Xbox at the time so she made an account / character on my Xbox.

She ended up really liking it so after about a week she went and bought herself an Xbox to play it. She wasn't able to use her account on her new Xbox (we didn't know why) so she just decided to start over since she was new anyways.

So 6 years later I buy the game on Xbox to play and make an ESO account. Turns out, I can't link my ESO account to my gamertag and play because it's apparently still linked to that very old ESO account my mom made 6 years ago.

She's tried every username / password she can think of that might have been associated with that profile but hasn't been able to log in. On one or two of them, it asks her to verify her identity using a phone number that she no longer had and it doesn't give her any options when she clicks on "I no longer have this phone".

I created a ticket and despite going over my situation very thoroughly ESO support has messaged me 7-8 times saying that I need to unlink the previous ESO account from my gamertag so I can play. Each time, I go into as much detail as I can trying to explain that profile was used 6 years ago for a period of about a week and we can provide some of the information on the account but they want:

1.Billing address
2.City, state and zip code of where the account was created
3. Last 4 of the CC used
4. Name / race / alliance of any characters
5. Name of any guilds the characters are in
6. Any deleted characters name
7. Game registration code
8. The answer to the secret question (we don't even know what the question is)
9. And the gamertag associated with the account

I messaged back saying I only have of this information because the account was so old and was able to answer about 4 of those questions. Each message that comes back from ESO support is from a different person and they respond with something like "you just need to un-link your previous account and then you can link your new account to your gamertag". It appears that they are not reading the previous messages I send before responding. The latest response said for me to "make a new ESO account (after I bought the game already) and link that account to my gamertag. I explained again (calmy) I CANNOT DO THAT UNTIL BECAUSE AN OLD ACCOUNT IS LINKED TO MY GAMERTAG.

All that I get is an error message saying that account creation / linking failed. Doesn't matter if I try to link my current account or make a new one, same message. Here's a picture of the screen I get https://imgur.com/a/xPejdSK

I'm absolutely at my whits end and have no idea what to do. This is a very aggravating problem and it's unfortunately keeping me from playing and right now I feel like I wasted money on the game. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Edited by [Deleted User] on 26 July 2021 22:56