The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it safe to delete the German( vo_de) or French (vo_fr) from the game files ? Extra 20GB

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is it safe to delete vo_de, vo_fr from the game files if you only use English ( vo_en)

I am thinking if is safe to delete these vocals to save up space on my computer?

They add up to 20GB so kinda useless if not used..
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 16 January 2024 17:14
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • Túrin_Vidsmidr
    Túrin_Vidsmidr
    ✭✭✭
    sure, the game can repair itself if you delete anything essential.
    The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
    Options
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can try to move them outside or rename those directories, run the launcher and tell us if it works

might be handy for someone
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One tips is to move them out too an secondary drive and see if something happens.
    Note that this could cause issues on an later patch.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes i deleted those a long time ago you don't need them.
    With just the english one, I think the game size will be 67.7 gbs. Or 66.6 gbs.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on 24 February 2020 12:33
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a full replacement of the client happening in today's update. My suggestion is to wait until it is complete to see what the client looks like as it is suppose to be 20G - 30G smaller.
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really would delete them as the game can function without those. Game doesn't even try to re download them. At least on my end so it would be safe to do so.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on 24 February 2020 12:43
    PC NA
    Options
  • IlCaccia
    IlCaccia
    ✭✭
    Yes! No need for those if you play in english only
    I'm the guy that claps when sees someone dueling
    Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also found 1.17 GB of videos in the Video Files... I think its the older Cinematic ... I will see if I need them too

Thanks for all the replies !
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    I also found 1.17 GB of videos in the Video Files... I think its the older Cinematic ... I will see if I need them too

Thanks for all the replies !

Your welcome.
    PC NA
    Options
  • dragonriderabens
    dragonriderabens
    Soul Shriven

so you're telling me that half the game's files are just alternative languages?!
    are you kidding me RN -_-
    That is...beyond ridiculous
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

so you're telling me that half the game's files are just alternative languages?!

You are replying to a thread from 4 years ago. I have never deleted anything and only vo_en is on my PC. Seems like outdated info.
    Options
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭

Holy necro
    w1mz1sjgxqq2.png
    And yea, game contains now only specified language from installation (my f.e. only EN)
    But yes there was files for other langugages (text-dubing) vo_fr, vo_de...
    And why ridiculous? Do you know how many voice lines is in the game? Just check by yourself your installation folder for vo_en (or whatever your dubbed language) and check size of that folder...
    Edited by davidtk on 14 January 2024 16:15
    Really sorry for my english
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is over four year old, the thread will now be closed from any further discussion. If you still need assistance, please go ahead and start a new thread in the PC Support forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.