The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update on PC NA & EU Issues [Updated 10/27 @ 8:40pm]

• LoneDrkWolf
    LoneDrkWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We'd like to give you an update about the instability some of you are seeing, particularly on the PC EU megaserver, which includes issues such as long loading times, inability to log in, and other "servers are overloaded" experiences. As you likely have surmised, this is related to the Update 24 launch, and has been exacerbated by the Witches Festival event currently live which is resulting in a lot of players logging on to participate.

We thought we had fixed the problems that have plagued the last few big in-game events by introducing an updated LFG system, some server optimizations, etc., but obviously it wasn't enough. The updated LFG system appears to be working as it should, but it has exposed another underlying issue that is causing certain parts of our servers - especially our database clusters - to become overloaded and eventually unresponsive. This is why we put a cap on the number of concurrent players that can log in last Friday, and then published the patch this morning trying to alleviate that issue.

At this time, we have another hotfix that we plan to deploy tonight (around 10:00pm EDT) that we believe will allow everything to run as normal, but frankly, we'll wait to see what it does before making any more promises. This hotfix will require a small amount of downtime for PC EU.

We totally understand it's not fair that PC EU is hit by these types of problems far more often than any of the other realms. This is because there are more concurrent users there during peak times than on any other realm. The problem you all have been experiencing only shows up at levels of concurrency seen on PC EU.

We are already discussing additional options - besides directing all of our resources to identify and fix this issue, of course - which include extending the Witches Festival for a couple days. We'll keep you posted on that as soon as we get a handle on the underlying cause of the instability.

As always, thank you for your patience. We don't like this any more than you do, and are doing everything we can to get everything back to normal as quickly as possible.

So you're working on it. Extending the witches festival is ok. But for 15 dollars a month, a couple of extra purple skulls doesn't do it justice. Not accounting for those who work different shifts and may lose a daily due to these constant "unforseen" circumstances. I came back to this game, and brought others with me, because it really is a good game, and the updates are usually outstanding. But having to fight with downtime and lag whenever a new update is pushed out, is kind of getting old. I don't like any of the other games out there so you have me by the balls here, but seriously, figure this out before the next update.
    Options
  • MehrunesRazor
    MehrunesRazor
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, last weekend was a series of annoyances, but I didn't complain because, well I really had more important things to do anyway (tons of work i've been trying to avoid but must be done) but I was in escape from work mode and wanted to play so i'm pretty sure i was just as annoyed as anyone else.

Either way, didn't complain because basically, nobody's perfect, and I know I should try to be understanding when your game server goes down due to technical issues every now and then.

So not your best weekend, @ZOS, but I didn't have anything to add since the situation was already explained by gina in this topic and so fine, whatever then, I didn't want to make a big deal about something that was being worked on.

Days later, and I keep getting kicked off the server even after restarting over and over... this is getting to be a little much at this point guys. I'm almost all the way pissed off at this point.

I like the attitude you guys give us so I try to stay patient.

Please consider that I am doing that because it is good to try to be as considerate as possible toward others.

There is something I'm going to have to ask you guys to be considerate about as well, though, since I do find myself having to post here again due to the fact that this has become annoying beyond reason after so many days of defective service.

I think you people over there at @ZOS might not be aware of the fact that at this point, you will not be treating us right at all if you do not do something to compensate us all for the (again, denying myself the much needed allcaps here) inconvenience.

There, I accomplished not allcapping that part. Good for me. Probably not good for getting my only point across but, meh. I like the new acolyte set, and the game has been a fun distraction when ive needed it so I want to keep speaking to you guys with the same respect you have spoken to us with - since that is almost always the right and best thing to do, generally speaking.

That being said...

You have a problem on your hands that you are unable to solve right now, that much is very apparent. Please remember that our patience should be rewarded, otherwise there will be no such patience in the future.

Please make sure you guys remember to give us some really good things when this (no caps) mother loving fiasco is over.

Options
  • StarMightyMaster
    StarMightyMaster
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, last weekend was a series of annoyances, but I didn't complain because, well I really had more important things to do anyway (tons of work i've been trying to avoid but must be done) but I was in escape from work mode and wanted to play so i'm pretty sure i was just as annoyed as anyone else.

Either way, didn't complain because basically, nobody's perfect, and I know I should try to be understanding when your game server goes down due to technical issues every now and then.

So not your best weekend, @ZOS, but I didn't have anything to add since the situation was already explained by gina in this topic and so fine, whatever then, I didn't want to make a big deal about something that was being worked on.

Days later, and I keep getting kicked off the server even after restarting over and over... this is getting to be a little much at this point guys. I'm almost all the way pissed off at this point.

I like the attitude you guys give us so I try to stay patient.

Please consider that I am doing that because it is good to try to be as considerate as possible toward others.

There is something I'm going to have to ask you guys to be considerate about as well, though, since I do find myself having to post here again due to the fact that this has become annoying beyond reason after so many days of defective service.

I think you people over there at @ZOS might not be aware of the fact that at this point, you will not be treating us right at all if you do not do something to compensate us all for the (again, denying myself the much needed allcaps here) inconvenience.

There, I accomplished not allcapping that part. Good for me. Probably not good for getting my only point across but, meh. I like the new acolyte set, and the game has been a fun distraction when ive needed it so I want to keep speaking to you guys with the same respect you have spoken to us with - since that is almost always the right and best thing to do, generally speaking.

That being said...

You have a problem on your hands that you are unable to solve right now, that much is very apparent. Please remember that our patience should be rewarded, otherwise there will be no such patience in the future.

Please make sure you guys remember to give us some really good things when this (no caps) mother loving fiasco is over.

@ZOS giving something back for the 7 days of none stop server issues and the still to be fix BGs que the most funny thing here is you asking for @ZOS to give something back for are patience.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you all just, go outside and play for a while? The graphics are amazing and there's never any lag.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • StarMightyMaster
    StarMightyMaster
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Can't you all just, go outside and play for a while? The graphics are amazing and there's never any lag.

What is outside what is this you talk about
    Options
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is outside what is this you talk about

AOAiLlW.jpg
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the event extended or not?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it so hard to add more servers and enable cross server and layering as wow does it? Or to increase the server size?
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Khajiit does not like the game of Outside World. It is cold and grindy and the loot is awful.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-EU has gone pop again already. Couldn't log in at 8am GMT, surely that's nothing to do with too many people logging on at that time.
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unexpected internal error has occurred....

Wow guys. This game is properly broken now. Seems no amount of hotfixes will fix that mess.

Does anyone know of a good RPG? (Excluding that Korean mega grind?). ESO days are officially over. Unsubbed.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , are you guys awake across the water yet?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good RPG? (Excluding that Korean mega grind?). ESO days are officially over. Unsubbed.

FFXIV (if you like old school tab-target subscription MMORPGs) is doing fine.
    Options
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno : PC- EU, NOW & AGAIN :

HxTwzEQ.jpg
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad
    PVE : Alpha Crew Guild leader / Easy Peasy Officer

Options
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solasub wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno : PC- EU, NOW & AGAIN :

HxTwzEQ.jpg

Same here. No word from zos. All I see if a bunch of threads being locked because "there is already threads on this issue" COME ON
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is one of success. ESO is a great game. Witches Fest in particular is fun as it gets. The new dungeons and PvE content are always top notch. Say what you will about combat changes, theorycrafters are having a field day.

People WANT to play the game but the servers can’t handle it. I think ZOS will work it out because they have a hot product.

Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno for the update.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on 30 October 2019 19:27
    Options
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is one of success. ESO is a great game. Witches Fest in particular is fun as it gets. The new dungeons and PvE content are always top notch. Say what you will about combat changes, theorycrafters are having a field day.

People WANT to play the game but the servers can’t handle it. I think ZOS will work it out because they have a hot product.

Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno for the update.

Guess your new to the game?
    These issues have been happening for 5+ years
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    HI all, we just posted an update on the Witches Festival over here in a new thread. Thanks for your patience!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MehrunesRazor
    MehrunesRazor
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS giving something back for the 7 days of none stop server issues and the still to be fix BGs que the most funny thing here is you asking for @ZOS to give something back for are patience.

Actually, the funniest thing here was deleted by a moderator, it was as profoundly entertaining as it was brilliant. I think they deleted it on the technicality that it vaguely targeted another person who posted here. That being said, I hear ya.

Which wouldn't be as easily identifiable as projection if your post count wasn't so egregiously high. Bet you have ALL the in-game AND forum achievements. And now you want to advise others to do what you apparently don't. Take your own advice and stop lurking topics for the ten thousandth time to attack people on, simply because you have absolutely nothing better to do with your life.

red_emu wrote: »
    Unexpected internal error has occurred....

Wow guys. This game is properly broken now. Seems no amount of hotfixes will fix that mess.

Personally I would advise against an RPG... I would go with something less time consuming like a shooter or something. That being said, thanks for reaffirming that the game is still broken, despite what they said about everything being fixed. Hopefully they can get the job done so that more players don't have to find a new game to play when theyre not outside frolicking in the meadows or, yeh working like everyone else.
    Options
  • MehrunesRazor
    MehrunesRazor
    ✭✭✭
    One more thing I'd like to point out before going back about my business:

The fact that you break the game isnt that bad. The fact that it takes several tries and days to fix it isn't that bad either. But when you essentially give up and decide to just act as if it has been fixed... saying "just retry if it doesnt work" yeah that part is pretty annoying.

You guys @ZOS should at the very least be honest with your player base - saying everything has been fixed when you know it hasn't is not only disingenuous, but it's also probably the main reason you see so many players leaving an otherwise top notch game.
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The quests are boring and most of the NPCs aren’t very nice
    Edited by Marcus684 on 1 November 2019 22:38
    Options
  • MehrunesRazor
    MehrunesRazor
    ✭✭✭
    Came back to mention that today I was able to login and off of all my characters without any problems at all. So whatever you guys did seems to have worked and everything does seem to be back to normal on my end.
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t do BG’s, cyro lag is unbearable at the moment, and I can’t que for dungeons as it’s not working currently. What the hell.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyro lag was fine for me today: very playable.

However. can't get into BGs: infinte queue followed by a crash
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post patch.....at least 50%+ of the BGs I queued for did not start!!!!
    Options
  • StarMightyMaster
    StarMightyMaster
    ✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Post patch.....at least 50%+ of the BGs I queued for did not start!!!!

So they ever going to fix the 95% of the time endless loading screen you get when you solo queue for BGs

You have an update on this @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thanks
    Options
  • SHANKS_63
    SHANKS_63
    ✭✭
    Maybe 1 out of 5 battlegrounds I was actually able to enter. The rest, booted me back to tamriel "cannot enter battleground". 1 of the 3 successful BG this evening still suffered the same bug of cannot fill all the groups after 20+ minutes, so I left BG. RIP 20 deserter debuff....
    Options
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point half of the daily routine a player has in his books, in other words
    bgs dailies and dungeon dailies , are broken , evidently rendering half of the game's daily routine
    unplayable.

We also need to consider that cyrodiil has been long since broken and plagued by lag and loading screens
    and thus you have another major aspect of the game out of the equation

So what an ESO+ plus member , or a member that has bought everything with crowns is having ,
    is something that at the moment offers less than 50% of what he payed for.

Trials need a 12 premade group , so I hardly believe that anyone will attempt to join a PUG
    while the game is hitting a new low as of matchmaking / grouping, every patched being released .

And all we are left with is overland questing/main questing and dlc questing.
    Why on earth did you call it "ONLINE" if your main goal was just a single player game?
    AND WHY ON EARTH DO YOU STILL CHARGE FOR THIS ***???

This is a scandal...to put it mildly.
    Enjoy your fall ZOS... Its gonna make some hell of a sound...!
    Edited by KoultouraS on 5 November 2019 10:31
    Options
  • Hans_58
    Hans_58
    ✭✭
    5 november maintainance in broad European daylight why not at night? And now again maintainance what went wrong yesterday?
    Options
  • Hans_58
    Hans_58
    ✭✭
    the witche festival is extended for a week deu to s
    erver trouble so why don't we take a few days back for maintainance
    Options