The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please add broom and bucket as outfit styles

LadyNalcarya
LadyNalcarya
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I mean, those April's Fool items. It would be really cool to use them as hat/weapon styles.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 12 March 2023 17:38
Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Erris
    Erris
    ✭✭✭
    I would love this! But I'm disappointed that the broom is a mace, not a staff.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool
  • Eradrann
    Eradrann
    ✭✭✭
    No. They were meant to be joke items.

Xbox Series X - GT: VintageVinyl450 NA Player on the EU Server (always looking for help with dungeon/job dailies)Main - Eradrann, AD, Wood Elf, Bow/Bow Stamblade, 1500+CP
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erris wrote: »
    I would love this! But I'm disappointed that the broom is a mace, not a staff.

Yeah exactly! Haha
    Eradrann wrote: »
    No. They were meant to be joke items.

There's already a lot of possibilities to create "joke" outfits and characters. Burly orcs in wedding dresses and bellydance outfits, all the weird/shiny dyes, crown crate makeup (seriously, those Psijic eyeshadows belong to a circus or drag show), new gummy bear mounts etc.

PC/EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally wouldn't like this.

At the point where you can have full weapon stats but look like you're using brooms, pans or other non-weapons then we've moved away from realism and stepped into "sell it because lolz" which I don't think the TES series deserves.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

At the point where you can have full weapon stats but look like you're using brooms, pans or other non-weapons then we've moved away from realism and stepped into "sell it because lolz" which I don't think the TES series deserves.

I agree.

They were sold as novelty items with negligible stats, which is why people only wear/equip them around Halloween. IMO, if you want to wear them, you should get the negligible stats that go with them, which is why they shouldn't be turned into a motif/outfit style. This game isn't WOW and I don't think we need 'costumes' that go in that direction.
    Edited by Maryal on 9 July 2018 11:47
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, its kinda already happened. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Personally, I think that firework mounts are more immersion breaking than funny weapons, but that's just me.

PC/EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I think that firework mounts are more immersion breaking than funny weapons, but that's just me.
    Each person will have their own levels of immersion or lore being broken.

I don't like the flashy mounts personally, but at least they're working some lore around them. I don't think there is much which can be done for "brooms as strong as magically enchanted two handed Daedric swords" without getting a little too silly.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there is much which can be done for "brooms as strong as magically enchanted two handed Daedric swords" without getting a little too silly.

While stats-wise I can see what you mean, there are all those mind-controlled miners in one of the Vvardenfell Public Dungeons that attack with shovels...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Each person will have their own levels of immersion or lore being broken.

I don't like the flashy mounts personally, but at least they're working some lore around them. I don't think there is much which can be done for "brooms as strong as magically enchanted two handed Daedric swords" without getting a little too silly.

Well, I guess it can be explained with the same illusion magic that transforms my tank's heavy armor to a fancy Imperial dress.

I agree that everyone has their own level of immersion, though.

PC/EU
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

What would be neat were -more- "Pay to Loose" items!

I want "maid outfit" armor and dual-wieldable feather dusters! I want cooking pot lid and rolling pin for tanks! I want fairy wand staves that shoot soothing rainbows instead of fireballs! I want rubberband slingshots for archers! :p;)
  • Zipadeedoodah
    Zipadeedoodah
    ✭✭✭
    YES! Please!!!
    The "Pay to Loose" items were hilarious, and I would love the option to use them via the outfit station.
    Edited by Zipadeedoodah on 21 July 2018 18:27
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see these as well.

We already have Cadwell's Helm of Heroism, which is, yes, a POT. How is having a bucket on your head that different from a pot?

Plus, I'm sure that the Mage's Guild could handle enchanting a broom so it doesn't break easily - they can create portals all over Tamriel and enchant weapons, armor, and jewelry to do all sorts of things.

Plus, we have green gummy-bear senche mounts and Barbie sparkle ponies, with all manner of lore text to explain their existence. ESO already feels less TES. ZOS keeps creating more and more items that cross that line (for me, at least). TES, while it did have fantastical creatures and magic, still felt rooted somewhat in a "real" world. You fought Daedra, but you rode a horse and not one that sparkles and leaves sparkly hoof prints, either.

Honestly, I don't see much difference in someone wearing a bucket on their head and using a broom to fight, when I fight all the time in my Ancestral Homage Dress. Or those wearing the Nordic bathing towel with Cadwell's Helm of Heroism.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one wouldn't mind seeing broom and bucket outfits we need more variety.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How to remove immersion instantly and ruin ESO for everyone else.. lets hope they don't return.. Why anyone would want to play the village idiot is beyond me..
    Edited by DanteYoda on 31 July 2018 00:27
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a mop motif for 2h staves.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in July 2018. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.