Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing the Scalecaller Crown Crates & Giveaway Weekend"

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant apex made crate gems useless, thanks zo$.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    Love sabre cats. Should have introduced the tiger mount alongside its cub

Doubt that will ever happen, since the mount was a loyalty reward for being subbed to the game for a year prior to the game going BTP. I sincerely hope they don't re-release any of those loyalty rewards in the crates. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to ZOS reintroducing the loyalty program for ESO+ members and having them available once those same milestones are met.

I've been waiting for the cub ever since I saw it datamined. Held off on buying anything with gems and have over 100 to spend on it. All gems are from the free crates. :smiley:

But...disappointed in the emotes. Seriously? Emotes? The tattoos were bad enough, but now these? I don't use tattoos and I certainly don't use emotes. Blech...oh well...I don't spend real money on any of these crates anyway, so it's all free stuff to me. And, I'm able to purchase the one thing I REALLY want. The only other thing I'd be so stoked to get would be the Peryite Statue.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably not going to bother since the RNG rates keep going down and down and down. If they stayed the same as when they released the first one and the second one then I might actually be down to get more.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Frostbane Camel on the front page looks super cute actually.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which of the sinister new items are you hoping to get

Pellitine Mustang (super sinister!)
    gp_crwn_mounts_pellitinemustang_1x1.jpg

Big-Eared Ginger Mouser (the sinistinerest!)
    gp_crwn_pets_bigearedgingermouser.jpg

:)

signing off
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Great Elk Mount shall finally be mine!!!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instant All Research? I certainly never saw that coming And cheaper than motifs? I really, really wouldn't have expected that.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromantic Sigil Body Tattoos

This could very popular if hides vampirism.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magma Scamp sounds funny...wonders what it looks like.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Magma Scamp sounds funny...wonders what it looks like.
    It was datamined here: https://elderscrolls.net/2018/01/08/21996-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-patch-3-3-0/3/
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the ****?
    gp_crwn_pets_frostbaneponyguar_1x1-292x170.jpg
    Kinda cool
    gp_crwn_pets_magmascamp_1x1-292x170.jpg
    Scary af
    gp_crwn_pets_manelordnightmaresenchecub_1x1-292x170.jpg
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that superior rewards are balanced. I can imagine starting zones will be full of people.

Flip bird is going be popular. Having a bad time in a dungeon...then here you go.

There's something be said for love of cats. This will definitely appease many new and odd players.

I see Leviation.. :o

Peryite, The Taskmaster if one had three could create area to train for vet hardmode. Actually would not it be interesting to have housing items like that.

Dragon summons seems interesting if lasts 3 mins could be fun

Too bad to nightmare senche.

Seems overall very interesting.
    Edited by Tasear on 8 March 2018 07:17
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edd897c780d681f62d8b7f0b5263f640.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Introducing the Scalecaller Crown Crates & Giveaway Weekend blog article.

Which of the sinister new items are you hoping to get out of your Scalecaller Crown Crates? Tell us in the comments below, or on Twitter at TESOnline!

something new we can get for the gems we have???
    pls let us know!
  • KcjAries78
    KcjAries78
    ✭✭✭
    Sure show the top 3 ultra rare apex items no one will get. I spent soooooo many crowns on the last crates. Everything in there was pretty much ugly junk and high rate of consumable drops. I don’t even think one mount dropped for me at all even a normal one. I Have about 660 gems. Is there going to be anything good this round to spend them on? Probably not.... as much as I would like the rare Shadow Rider Senche (that is clearly a Sabre cat with those teeth) ... I probably won’t be buying any crates this round if I can buy everything I want with the gems I have accumulated. (Ya that’s probably a lie I might buy a couple sets since I pretty much get my crowns for free as I use my PlayStation visa rewards to buy PlayStation cards) The only incentive to buy them should not be an ultra rare apex mount. I have the Elk, have the Sabre senche, who needs another circlet? Not me. Where is the tiger senche for console? I have been a plus subscriber since day 1. How about some love for the Originals?... Oh wait that’s a vampire series... okay I’m rating now, it’s a snow day here, going to go play some ESO now.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very sad the datamined Bristleneck War Boar isn't there. I have been saving my gems from free crates and hoped it would cost 100 in this season. Now I'm worried it will cost real crowns. :'(

However, more free crates are always welcome, and it means I can start my new character next week.
    PS5 EU.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta ask though, will the Flame Atronach Crates from the level up system be replaced with the new ones?
  • Heldane
    Heldane
    ✭✭
    I am pretty frustrated with the fact that they are bringing back items they deemed "exclusive" "one-time only" items back when they were released such as the elk. If you are going to tout exclusivity on items, you should stick to your word.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More stuff for me to not spend any money on because the game is broken especially pvp on ps4 fix your game before trying to sell us more stuff
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Faunter wrote: »
    Gold Coast Debilitating Poison
    Gold Coast Draining Poision
    Gold Coast Enfeebling Poision
    Gold Coast Spellcaster Elixir
    Gold Coast Survivor Elixir
    Goad Coast Swift Survivor Elixir
    Gold Coast Trapping Poison
    Gold Coast Warrior Elixir
    giphy.gif

Haha! What a great GIF. Typo fixed. ;)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heldane wrote: »
    I am pretty frustrated with the fact that they are bringing back items they deemed "exclusive" "one-time only" items back when they were released such as the elk. If you are going to tout exclusivity on items, you should stick to your word.

They have.

Items explicitly labelled as exclusive have remained exclusive to their original method of acquisition.

They've never said one-time only. The Dark Stag and Dire Pony were a Friday the 13th promotion, so they were released for one day but could still be re-released some time in the future for a similar promotion. Maybe just not April 13th because I'm still betting that's when the Manelord Nightmare Senche and Nightmare Cub will get a one-day release. Could be right. Could be wrong. But I'm budgeting for it.

Limited time items can and do see re-release at their discretion. That includes the most expensive items in the crown store. And in the case of crown crate re-releases, those items don't typically reappear for at least 12 months.

Maybe if you're going to accuse people of not sticking to their word, you should use their actual words and not your incorrect perceptions of what they've said.
    signing off
  • mis7up
    mis7up
    ✭✭
    Just going to ask...IS this going to be per account or per toon? Just to be clear before I give my guildies the correct information
    GUILD LEADER, AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL & AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    CO-GUILD LEADER, ALMALEXIA'S AMAZING DEALS
    In-Game Mail: @AmazingGuilds
    FOR THOSE THAT IN-GAME MAIL PLEASE....PUT WHAT GUILD YOU ARE INTERESTED IN, IN THE TITLE, SO WE DON'T GUESS OR SEND MULTI-REPLY. THANK YOU

ALL FACTION TRADE SISTER GUILDS ARE LOCATED IN DAGGERFALL CITY:
    ADOT~~ADON~~AAD
    ~OUR WEBSITE~
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    mis7up wrote: »
    Just going to ask...IS this going to be per account or per toon? Just to be clear before I give my guildies the correct information
    The log-in-and-get-crates-give-away is per account. Always was.

• Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mis7up wrote: »
    The log-in-and-get-crates-give-away is per account. Always was.
    Just to clarify, you not only need to log into the game, but you also need to defeat any enemy creature (such as monsters, bosses, or even enemy NPCs.)
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instant All Research? I certainly never saw that coming And cheaper than motifs? I really, really wouldn't have expected that.

@MasterSpatula, they have had the Instant All Research before as I have received one. But, at least in prior crate seasons you could not buy it with gems. It was only obtainable by RNG. I doubt they will let you buy it with gems this time.

EDIT: I see that they offered them in the Reaper's crates, but apparently not in the current Flame ones:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/372346/official-discussion-thread-for-discover-the-reaper-s-harvest-earn-free-crown-crates-this-weekend/p1
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on 9 March 2018 11:36
  • Eslyn
    Eslyn
    Soul Shriven
    So.. You just have to log in and kill a thing? Is there any prompting to let you know that you'll receive the freebie? This is my first event of this type, so not quite sure how it works. XD
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yay finally I can flip the bird in style!
    (Watch I get 3x same mount and no flippybird! But I have 230 gems, so prepare yourself!)
    Edited by Mureel on 9 March 2018 16:59
  • Eslyn
    Eslyn
    Soul Shriven
    edd897c780d681f62d8b7f0b5263f640.jpg

Apex Rewards
    Resplendent Sweetroll

What...
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    The Great Elk Mount shall finally be mine!!!

giphy.gif
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eslyn wrote: »
    So.. You just have to log in and kill a thing? Is there any prompting to let you know that you'll receive the freebie? This is my first event of this type, so not quite sure how it works. XD

No prompt or confirmation or anything. You just go do the thing and wait for your swag to show up on Tuesday.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Eslyn
    Eslyn
    Soul Shriven
    Ilsabet wrote: »

No prompt or confirmation or anything. You just go do the thing and wait for your swag to show up on Tuesday.

Thanks!