Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How many of you use the...

ZiRM
ZiRM
✭✭✭✭✭
LOL as a negative and how many of you use the LOL as a positive?

I tend to use it as...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo&
Edited by ZiRM on 25 May 2014 23:37
Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!

How many of you use the... 52 votes

I use the LOL as a Positive!
40% 21 votes
I use the LOL as a Negative!
44% 23 votes
I don't use the LOL!
15% 8 votes
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do I use it as a positive, or a negative?

Yes.
  • alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭
    Always as a negative. I'm not laughing with you, definitely at.
    Edited by alphawolph on 25 May 2014 23:41
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Admittedly I use it for positive and negatives, but a majority of the time it is for "HAA-HA!" because ridiculousness is just ridiculous.
    Edited by Gwarok on 25 May 2014 23:42
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• Elder_Thorn
    why not both?
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not both?
    Because I don't like people that sit on the fence. It makes things unclear! >:)<3o:)
  • rattbagrwb17_ESO
    rattbagrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish we could swap one of the buttons for a 'dislike' option

Edit: to expand further on this, I think it would be even better if the dislike had consequence. eg:
    10 dislikes fades the post slightly
    50 dislikes sends an in game hate mail with guar dung attached
    100 dislikes rolls back all bug fixing patches to the client, so the whiney forum poster can actually have something to complain about.
    500 dislikes moves the forum account to the 'oblivion board' where they can only talk with other ostracised members, and cant get back to the main forums!
    Edited by rattbagrwb17_ESO on 26 May 2014 00:09
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭

We used to have that, they removed it during the beta because people got their feelings hurt from others excessively using it to bombard some threads/posts.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HandofBane wrote: »

We used to have that, they removed it during the beta because people got their feelings hurt from others excessively using it to bombard some threads/posts.

AS it should be, feelings can be complex. tender things. Internet bullying is REAL!
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both.
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Always positive. Only if i think something was funny.
  • Crassius
    Crassius
    ✭✭✭
    People should just stop being so thin-skinned. So what if somebody disagreed with you or called you a name? Get over it and yourself. You're only special to your mum.

I'd love the 'disagree' option back.
    A 'please don't have kids' option would be nice too.
    Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll...
    Everything I say is just my opinion. Like it or not - that's all it is.
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    I only use LoL if the post is funny and makes me laugh. If I disagree with a post I'll make a comment and argue my point. I've gotten a ton of angry LoLs from people who simply can't come up with an argument. LoLing as sarcasm is weak.

The great thing is, it makes me look funnier in my profile and I got badges. So keep 'em comin'!
    Edited by fiachsidhe on 26 May 2014 00:40
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crassius wrote: »
    You're only special to your mum.

Isn't mum a flower?

• ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fiachsidhe wrote: »
    LoLing as sarcasm is weak.
    Sarcasm does translate poorly on the internet...

• KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the "Dislike" function was activated again, there should be a counter badge for the one who dislikes, e.g. Mr. Scrooge or something. Oh wait we can't have that, peps would make a sport of that badge.
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought ZOS was all about positive, fun experiences. The disagree button would only cause hurt feelings.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it when I find something amusing.

If something doesn't amuse me, I wouldn't laugh.
    Edited by rawne1980b16_ESO on 26 May 2014 00:37
  • panemetcircenses
    NiRN wrote: »

Isn't mum a flower?

Yes, but mum's the word... don't tell anyone ;)
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't mum a flower?

Yes, but mum's the word... don't tell anyone ;)

MUMford and sons?
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the button as a positive. I quote and type out "LOL" to be negative. That way there's no confusion.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the button as a positive. I quote and type out "LOL" to be negative. That way there's no confusion.

That's confuzzled..

I like to tell people when I use the LOL.

LOL! Meant in NEGATIVE connotation.

LOL! Meant in Funny/HAHA Connotation.

Isn't that so much clearer?!
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome for humor. LoL to laugh at them.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NiRN True that is the overall consensus afaik, somehow it always seems that such functions ends up being aboozed, with ill consequences. On other boards that uses similar functions, its the same. A certain body of the members makes it a sport to abuse the function and ruins the addition for others. Though having a counter action for such would still mean that the member abusing it is visible to others, specially the administration. Although the best is if it was traceable, which is possible via some webkits.
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

kitlightning.deviantart
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NiRN True that is the overall consensus afaik, somehow it always seems that such functions ends up being aboozed, with ill consequences.
    I got aboozed today.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it as "laughing with you" when they post a joke or a quip. When they post something serious and I "LOL", it's because I'm laughing at you.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    There is no answer in this poll that fits me. What I use Lol for depends entirely in the post. If it's something genuinely funny, I will Lol (positive). If it's something extremely stupid, I will use Lol (negative).
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NiRN True that is the overall consensus afaik, somehow it always seems that such functions ends up being aboozed, with ill consequences.
    I got aboozed today.

Somewhere an angel jsut lost its wings reading that comment ikaros_by_kitlightning-d6vmkrh.gif
    ◔̯◔

kitlightning.deviantart
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it as "laughing with you" when they post a joke or a quip. When they post something serious and I "LOL", it's because I'm laughing at you.

How is anyone but you supposed to tell? They could be feeling all proud that they got a LOL but you meant it in the negative. :'(
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    I got aboozed today.

Somewhere an angel jsut lost its wings reading that comment ikaros_by_kitlightning-d6vmkrh.gif

*just watched Supernatural season 8, episode 23*

Or all of them.

This discussion has been closed.