Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

@Zenimax: isolation of memory leak from trending posts?

VlVEC
VlVEC
✭✭✭
Hey admins/mods/techs @ Zenimax.

I've been lurking the forums all day and noticed a trend in people really getting slammed with this "memory leak". They all seem to be using a crossfire set-up with ATI cards.

Hope this helps resolve the problem.

Thanks for all the hard work, Lord Vivec aka xXx360CHIMER420xXx
Edited by VlVEC on 24 May 2014 16:51
The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.
Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec.
ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the constructive post.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • Katkon
    Katkon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using a single Titan and also have the leak. Am running 64 bit Windows 7 like many others.
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    Katkon wrote: »
    I'm using a single Titan and also have the leak. Am running 64 bit Windows 7 like many others.
    If we can get people to start posting their specs that are experiencing the leak maybe we can help.

i7CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, 2801Mhz
    6GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 7800 series
    Edited by VlVEC on 24 May 2014 16:55
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using a Radeon 4670 dont post ***.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    VlVEC wrote: »
    Hey admins/mods/techs @ Zenimax.

I've been lurking the forums all day and noticed a trend in people really getting slammed with this "memory leak". They all seem to be using a crossfire set-up with ATI cards.

Hope this helps resolve the problem.

Thanks for all the hard work, Lord Vivec aka xXx360CHIMER420xXx

I'm not using crossfire... but thanks for starting a new thread. :disappointed:
  • Sayaddina
    Sayaddina
    Soul Shriven
    64bit 7 with a single r9 290x, and I also have the memory leak, however it has not caused my client to crash. The only reasoning I can come up with for that is that I have 32 gigs of ram slotted and I'm relogging about every hour.
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    I must of been wrong about the crossfire, I just saw 5 people in a row mention it so it threw up a red flag.

What are some trends regarding memory leaks that we can spot in peoples hardware?
    Edited by VlVEC on 24 May 2014 17:06
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • Hornex
    Hornex
    ✭✭
    You should post CPU and GPU since memory controller is on the CPU for modern CPU's.
  • Kaelis33
    Kaelis33
    ✭✭
    It could be with AMD cards, I have a 6970...just the one card though. I7 920 Intel CPU
  • WhimsyDragon
    WhimsyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    No crossfire here!
    Radeon HD 5700 Series
  • elorei
    elorei
    ✭✭✭
    AMD card here, also.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katkon wrote: »

Also running a Titan except on Windows 8, also getting memory leak, eternal loading screens and random crashes.
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    Radeon HD6950
    64bit Windows7
  • PrimalShadeCG
    PrimalShadeCG
    Soul Shriven
    ASUS Desktop
    Intel Core i7 2600 CPU 3.40 GHz
    16GB Ram
    Windows 7 Home 64 bit
    GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Im getting a crash pop up roughly every 20-30 minutes in game,i had no issues at all with performance before patch 1.2.2
    Edited by PrimalShadeCG on 24 May 2014 17:18
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radeon here. Single card build btw.
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with your video card or machine specs.
  • Transorb
    Transorb
    ✭✭
    Confirmed very slow memory "leak". Not sure if my specs will help but here they are:

-Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit
    -AMD FX 8350 8-Core Processor
    -16gb Ram
    -Gigabyte 990 FX motherboard
    -Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256bit GDDR5 Graphics Card
    -Raidmax Vampire ATX Full size case
    -6 internal cooling fans
    -750w Roswell ATX Supply
    -LG Blueray player/burner
    -Seagate 1tb / 8gb Hybrid harddrive

Hope this helps
  • bayudness
    bayudness
    Memory leaks by their very nature are not hardware related....
    its based on artifacts left in memory by the software that are no longer used or needed by currently running programs.

So maybe before posting on a memory leak you might want to actually know what one is....
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    They already have a fix and testing it, so stop opening new discussions about same...Go look for attention somewhere else, you are not helping them OP.
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just a quick update -

We're currently testing the memory leak fix, and plan to roll out the hotfix this afternoon.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/101227/confirmed-memory-leak-in-1-1-2#latest
  • Kaelis33
    Kaelis33
    ✭✭
    bayudness wrote: »
    its based on artifacts left in memory by the software that are no longer used or needed by currently running programs.

So maybe before posting on a memory leak you might want to actually know what one is....

They can be driver related sometimes. How a program interacts with certain drivers used for certain hardware.

• VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    Kaelis33 wrote: »

They can be driver related sometimes. How a program interacts with certain drivers used for certain hardware.
    @Kaelis33 Some people just love to argue rather than help.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭

A driver is a program that calls functions. It's not hardware.
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    It calls functions from a specific piece of hardware.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • Kaelis33
    Kaelis33
    ✭✭

A driver is a program that calls functions. It's not hardware.

Its still going to appear as hardware related, because it will affect people with a certain hardware setup. I think MOST people understand this concept. Regardless of what you think, it can definitely be hardware related if you don't have the hardware in a configuration the game can handle or work with effectively.

Obviously its the task of software engineers to create software that works properly on all the most common hardware setups. Or else they would never sell any software. And I don't think anyone is arguing that modern video cards and sounds cards should not be supported CORRECTLY by this game.

And we don't even know if it is driver related, the only reason I think it must be related to something with specific hardware setups is because it does not affect everyone. Windows 7 is a common operating system, RAM is RAM and problems have been reported by people with various amounts of RAM.

That leaves graphics/sound settings and video and sound cards. Or something of that nature. It's logical to me in any case.

Edited by Kaelis33 on 24 May 2014 19:17
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it is hardware related the only things it could be are RAM or CPU. Either your RAM is compromised or your CPU can't handle the patch appropriatly. otherwise it is software related. Possibly missing packets from patch? Would that explain why some people have this leak while other do not, regardless of specs?
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    CPU : AMD FX-8150
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD7950 3GB
    RAM : 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz
    HD: 2TB
    Motherboard : Asus M5A78L-M LX
    QQing is a full time job
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone. Thanks for the information! We're actually working to push a hotfix out today/tonight that will fix this issue. We've closed this thread because we have a megathread about this issue. We'll update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thank you all again for your patience!
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on 24 May 2014 20:55
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.