The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Heavy Attacks Are Broken

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi ZOS, heavy attacks are completely broken for both melee and ranged heavy attacks. I have played on both my healer using a Resto Staff and Werewolf Heavy Attacks. Both are bugged. I try to fire off a heavy attack at point blank range with a target and it doesn’t go off, no animation, no heavy attack. It’s been this way all patch. Please fix!!!

@ZOS_Gilliam
@ZOS_Kevin
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    is this on PTS or live?
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bug is occuring on the live server.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heavy attacks can sometimes fail to start channeling if you're position desynced, a roll-dodge usually fixes it. As far as I know there is no general bug with heavy attacks specifically not working.
    But also, this is the PTS forum section, specifically for PTS bugs, there is a different category for live server bugs.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on 22 May 2023 20:18
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    This bug is occuring on the live server.

Okay you need to provide steps to recreate it for ZOS. If HA were bugged all patch more people would be reporting it, you've not provided anything that can help fix the issue- you only mention that it affects resto staves and werewolf heavies. You also didn't say what content they're not going off in (i.e. pvp vs pve, and where).

@acastanza_ESO I doubt ZOS cares which section this is in, probably just the mods care, but it's helpful to know if this is on live or was new on PTS
    Edited by Dr_Con on 23 May 2023 19:31
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    It happened to me on the NA server over the past weekend in Galen. That being said, my staff was channeling and I did kill the mobs but there were no visuals when I was doing it so at first I thought it wasn't working either until I saw the mob's health go down. It did that for 2 kills in a row but suddenly righted itself when I ran off a bit further to attack something else.
  • Traxxar
    Traxxar
    ✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    It happened to me on the NA server over the past weekend in Galen. That being said, my staff was channeling and I did kill the mobs but there were no visuals when I was doing it so at first I thought it wasn't working either until I saw the mob's health go down. It did that for 2 kills in a row but suddenly righted itself when I ran off a bit further to attack something else.

I had the same once or twice with no lightning staff animation on the live PC NA server, but it still worked. UI Reload fixed it.
  • Jessythesavage
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Hi ZOS, heavy attacks are completely broken for both melee and ranged heavy attacks. I have played on both my healer using a Resto Staff and Werewolf Heavy Attacks. Both are bugged. I try to fire off a heavy attack at point blank range with a target and it doesn’t go off, no animation, no heavy attack. It’s been this way all patch. Please fix!!!

@ZOS_Gilliam
    @ZOS_Kevin

Yes they don't fire off 60% of the time its been bugged for years and it's worst then ever now
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS, this is a fundamental action in ESO’s gameplay. Please take a look into this. When I hold down my left mouse button and the reticule is on a target, I expect a heavy attack to be winding up and going off. But this is not happening 100% of the time.

Having sets be buggy is one thing, but not something fundamental like a heavy attack. In my opinion, it’s the equivalent of hitting the button to move right and your character simply not moving.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was on the live server last night and I was trying to heavy attack bosses point blank in PVE dungeons, and they wouldn’t fire off. Can we get an official response to what is going on??? This is the equivalent to not being able to block. It’s a fundamental mechanic in the game and it isn’t working…

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Kevin
    @ZOS_Gilliam
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was on live last night and solo'd a couple of dungeons with a heavy attack build and it was totally fine.
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    On live servers in Cyrodiil, I use heavy resto staves extensively. They are failing to fire (very recently). Holding the button and often nothing happens. Roll and stealth seem to reset it.

Thought I'd done something wrong a few times, but this post seems to confirm (at least in my mind), something is changed.
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully this doesn’t make it to console like the block bug did.