The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I believe its well past the point where storage in general needs a revamp..

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have even close to 1400 furnishings. My bank isn't even halfway filled and most of the furnishings I keep in it are bound so I can't sell them. Although I did destroy a bunch of bound torture furnishings because I will never have a use for those, and plan to destroy a stack of Jester banners and a few other such items that I will never use.

I make and purchase furnishings as I have a use for them. If I don't use a piece after all I sell it.

@Zodiarkslayer I still don't understand how we bind a furnishing to our account. The only furnishings I have that are bound are from events, like the Jester banners, or items from an achievement vendor, or antiquities, or pieces I purchased with crowns or seals. I've placed furnishings then later removed them and placed them in my bank and they didn't bind to my account, and I was able to sell them later.
    Edited by SilverBride on 27 May 2023 18:10
    PCNA
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think you can bind furniture in general, but some starts out as bound. Achievement furnishings, antiquities, and crown purchased come to mind, but there's probably other categories.
    I think attuning a set station binds it but I'm not certain.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh. i understand the idea behind the "binding" it could be done at the moment of first "deploying" a unit in a players' house,
    but before that crafted and luxury furnishings are "unbound". Still this approach cause a problem with purchasing already furnished houses for Crowns.
    Players tend to sell "Firelogs, Flaming" (current price at PC EU is about 300K+ ), paintings from Vampiric manor, and such - for quite a lot of gold, making these furnishings bound will completely stop supply to the market. And they can not be "unbound" as already deployed.
    What to do with furnishings you no longer want? They are non-deconstructable and NPC vendors pay too little (compared with materials prices if we speak about crafted things)
    So i am not sure binding furnishings is a good thing for the ingame market.

What i am about is a convenient system allowing previews (for example i would like to fetch a chandelier, or a sconce - and i would like to try different ones before retrieving, crafting, or buying (as they have different brightness, color and look)), and quick access - but contemporary system does not allow anything like this.
    FurnitureCatalogue addon author refers that ZOS is against previewing items player does not already have, but, in my understanding, allowing preview from the list in a house you are decorating (not in a chat link) cannot harm.
    Preview, retrieving, grouping, quick replacement, storing removed furnishings, - all together requires an entire system: furnishing bag, catalogue (what is what, and where to get it), and quick deployment/replacement/removing design system.
    This hardly may be done without some centralized storage hub, due the the huge numbers of different furnishings.

And about "hoarding" - the Luxury Furnisher is on one year cycle. Of course i bough 5-6 of each gorgeous tree he offers this weekend, as there is no 100% certainty i will be able to purchase exactly these trees from the Guild Traders (for higher price and in necessary quantities) later. Right now I do not have a certain project to deploy them trees, but i prefer to hoard them for "just in case" - not to wait a year or query TTC if this "case" happens. You never know.
    PC EU
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    New armor sets are not a reason for any changes to inventory since Zenimax already addressed that with the sticker book system.

For anything beyond that it’s highly doubtful Zenimax will increase storage space until and unless they make major inroads on improving server performance.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    oh. i understand the idea behind the "binding" it could be done at the moment of first "deploying" a unit in a players' house, but before that crafted and luxury furnishings are "unbound".

I have placed crafted and luxury furnishings at my houses then taken them back out and sold them. Just placing these does not bind them, nor does putting them in my bank.
    Edited by SilverBride on 27 May 2023 21:28
    PCNA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture in the bank? Who does that?
    Furniture should be stored in houses, because they do not bind to the account when placed. I use the three big base game manors as warehouses.

I've used a few different houses as warehouses based on which houses I've acquired and when-- Saint Delyn Penthouse, Ald Velothi Harbor House, Twin Arches, Ravenhurst, and Grand Psijic Villa.

But that makes it difficult to keep track of what you have, how many of it, and which house it's stored in.

Since furnishings stack, it actually makes more sense to just use your storage chests, character inventory, or bank account to store the things you've got many copies of-- empty spools, specific paintings, stacks of folded leather or fabric, vials of blood, signed documents, Dwarven gears, bushes, shrubs, tree limbs, quills, not to mention furnishings acquired through Antiquities. That way it's easier to keep up with the furnishings you've got, and more importantly they are easily accessible in every one of your houses when you do decide to start furnishing a given house instead of just dumping stuff anywhere.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting back to the general storage topic...

I think what options we have in game right now is enough storage capacity. Considering ESO+ and the various free trial exploits, I would even say we have more than enough.

However, one has to note that having more than six/seven characters significantly increases the amount of organisation required. And that is the point isn't it? The willingness to put up effort for organisation is the problem. After all, who wants to do the same stuff in his recreational activities, that you have to do in your real and work lifes? It's supposed to be fun, right? Not work.

But ultimately, there is just no easy "dump and forget" storage. I would be totally fine with an expansion of the ESO+ storage addition, by the way. Triple or quadruple would be fine, I guess.
    But that doesn't erase the need for organisation from a certain size on.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine coming in a thread like this to disagree with the OP. It's obvious that the game needs a revamp regarding how storage is handled, it's a big issue. It's up there along with the broken reward system.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The main thing I'd like to see added is a siege equivalent of the craft bag with its own quick cast wheel. It's really frustrating that none of them stack up, except the camps (even the sieges that have matching durability don't stack), it takes up so much room in the inventory.

Another suggestion I've heard in the past, that has some potential, is for the ability to save gold gear into the sticker book so it can be remade at gold quality for free (it would only apply to gold quality gear, lower quality would still have to be reconstructed with transmutes still).

Others have also asked for a treasure map/survey bag, which would be nice too.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1) Furniture deconstruction, even if the return is small.
    Step 2) Have a ZOS policy to never give us a furniture item via quest, scrying or the like without it being expressly a collectible. It just becomes junk and inventory fodder that we have to store in a junk house. If we don't like it, we can then put it away in 'collectible storage' and bring it back if we want it.

Step 3) This will be controversial but I think, take away the Antiquity hall that was given to the early Skyrim players, and turn it into a proper guild building that is essentially 'housing for people that don't like housing', that is actually the place where our antiquity items go to be researched. A living breathing guild filled with our collections and people studying them. Instead of scrying giving us an item, it allows us to go there and reproduce a replica, the more codecs, the cheaper the replica. This doesn't apply for mythics, skins, mounts, collectibles, motifs, and the like, only the general furniture items. That way, we don't get bombarded with leads and have to check if its useful, it actually makes antiquities valid as the item is rare, rather than the 40 cold harbor things i've got (not very unique). Can't even decon them so what should be something to marvel becomes junk or lead spam, which is unfortunate.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an easy QoL I'd welcome that all storage chests are actually linked and I don't have to go through the 8 (?) of them bc I can't remember in which box I put something.
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an easy QoL I'd welcome that all storage chests are actually linked and I don't have to go through the 8 (?) of them bc I can't remember in which box I put something.

I rename my storage boxes to help with that.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Instead of 4 boxes of each, just 1 small chest and 1 large chest but gets upgraded 4 times (well 1 acquires, 3 upgrades).

That would also lower the housing item limit burden by 6.
    Edited by richo262 on 28 May 2023 09:22
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    Instead of 4 boxes of each, just 1 small chest and 1 large chest but gets upgraded 4 times (well 1 acquires, 3 upgrades).

I've suggested something similar in the past. Instead of 4 of each chest have one chest with 4 tabs, similar to the tabs in the bank. The current chests could be combined in a similar way as what they are doing with crafting stations.

I'd also love to see skins for housing chests in different styles. For example, a chest that looks like an end table, or an armoire, or a dresser. This would make the chest fit our decor which would basically mean it isn't taking up any slots on its own.
    Edited by SilverBride on 28 May 2023 15:22
    PCNA
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture bag please.

(Have big homes as warehouses. Grotto is a plant nursery at the moment; doomchar is for everything else. Overflow at psijic.)

Or pvp bag for siege stuff.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture bag please.

(Have big homes as warehouses. Grotto is a plant nursery at the moment; doomchar is for everything else. Overflow at psijic.)

Or pvp bag for siege stuff.

I think a bag might be a bit to taxing on the server, just deconstruction would be fine, if people could get something for their garbage they'd be more inclined to let it go and keep what they actually want.

As for PVP bag sure, the only problem is a damaged siege weapon is considered different to a full health one, the limit for use would be that the siege bag could only take in full health equipment, so allow using repair kits on equipment just like you would gear. (I have not PVP'd in years, so not sure if you can do that these days).
    Edited by richo262 on 29 May 2023 03:13
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ability to decon furnishings for parts might be a nice way to let players free up space and de-clutter their furnishing hold-all.
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, I'd settle for the ability to be able to place stacks of furnishings in a house and have them only count as one item, just like they do in inventory and banks.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've brought this up before. What would be great for furnishing storage is a Furnishing Bag (similar to the craft bag). All your furnishings go straight to your bag with category tabs and a search function. Everything would be in ONE PLACE. They can't say it cannot be done, because it already has (craft bag). It would just be copy and paste code, and instead of looking for craft materials it would store anything already tagged as a furnishing.

@ZOS_Kevin

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've brought this up before. What would be great for furnishing storage is a Furnishing Bag (similar to the craft bag). All your furnishings go straight to your bag with category tabs and a search function. Everything would be in ONE PLACE. They can't say it cannot be done, because it already has (craft bag). It would just be copy and paste code, and instead of looking for craft materials it would store anything already tagged as a furnishing.

You're not the first person to have suggested that, and they've also explained why that exact thing doesn't work as you claim.
    ESO Live from Elsweyr, set to start at about 18:20.

The Craft Bag has a finite number of materials that can be placed in there, and each patch only adds a few (most patches only add the style materials for two or three motifs, and even then we have been getting fewer motifs over time). It is long since we've gotten any other new materials that were not style mats (the last time we got any new mats was when the Greymoor alchemy reagents were added).

Conversely, there are thousands of furnishings, and each patch seems to only be bringing more and more furniture crafting recipes. This also includes all of the uncraftable- or crown-only furnishing items as well. That database is gigantic and ever-expanding, at a much faster rate than our craft bags do.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of furnishings but we don't need to craft and store all of them.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We shouldn't need storage houses to hold unused furniture. And a player shouldn't need to be in a big trading guild where they can easily sell off old items to manage their furniture inventory either. I'm a plus member in a trading guild now but I have also played without Plus and trading guilds. And the difference between the two is dramatic. You can barely play the game without plus, especially. You can somewhat get by in zone chat but the market for pre-crafted furniture in zone chat is pretty bad.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 1 June 2023 23:12
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty much de-con everything now except gold jewelry. Mats are too expensive and hard to come by just in case I ever want to use that set again. Would like additional space as well. Don't use any of my characters as mules because I do like to play them and not want to mess with inventory while playing.

Ideas
    1. Add surveys to the crafting bag and available to all characters all the time.
    2. Potions, poisons and food should stack to 1000.
    3. Siege bag with 200 slots would help a lot also.
    4. Furniture bag of 200 spaces would be nice too.
    5. Armory system with 15 slots for each build.
    6. Companion bag or at least let companion hold their stuff up to 30 spaces each.
    7. More storage containers we can place in our homes.
    8. Manikins we can display gear on.
    9. Would love a jewelry box I could use to hold all my gold jewelry.

Stay safe :)
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why? You don't need to hold onto every set piece that rolled the right trait and weight now. If you have ESO+, the crafting bag more than makes up for the cost of it, you should have 0 inventory issues.

There just really is no reason to revamp it, or add more slots.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Either grant us the ability to decon furniture or give us a place to store it.
  • vulonsil
    vulonsil
    ✭✭
    Honestly, it would help a lot just to get unlimited transmute stone space. I am getting super tired of never having any inventory space, largely because I have a ton of containers I can't open. I also have "useless" characters I don't really play with just so I can have more inventory space.

ddg0doqlhjnd.png
    s2xbczkbx455.png

(There's a bunch of purple ones too, and a few in other colours. Counted yesterday that I had 81 gladiators, too. Those I don't mind keeping, but the transmutes, seriously...)

Still, furnishing bag would be great especially so you didn't have to go through 10 houses to find a specific item, since inventory insight doesn't work properly with houses and I never remember what I have where. I would like to work on housing properly again, but it's just frustrating atm, esp. because to work on many houses I would first have to empty several hundred slots worth of stuff from there, and I just don't have the space for it anywhere. It's just not fun anymore - if I want to do inventory management and clean up, I can do that IRL.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    transmute geodes from PVP campaigns + turn all your unneeded stuff into gold. Gold is infinite, storage is limited.
  • vulonsil
    vulonsil
    ✭✭
    Transmutes are not a problem, dreugh wax is a problem since it's so expensive now that I don't want to buy it all the time. And I don't want to run in purple in more difficult content. Still, it would nice to have several different set ups for all characters I play with - I just don't know where on Tamriel I am going to put them. I'm already using tens of bank space for stackable furnishing items, e.g. trees. Any stacks under 30 I drop in houses.
  • vulonsil
    vulonsil
    ✭✭
    Also - "turn all your unneeded stuff into gold"

This requires trade guilds, since many items sell slowly, esp. in bad trader spots. With limited guild slots it's not really an option to have multiple trade guilds if you have several social/trial/pvp guilds and are in a bank guild or few. I am in two non-trade guilds who have a trader, but 60 slots is not enough to sell all extra stuff, esp. when it's not a major spot. (Plus I sell stuff in general when I feel like it, I don't do it "professionally" like some who instantly go fill their slots once something sells. That feels too much like a chore to me.)

I feel that with ESO many common issues just come back to lack of inventory space one way or another.

One of the major reasons why I don't know if I'm going for D4 yet is its lack of inventory space. I already went crazy with it in D2 before the shared stash mod, and I didn't play D3 at all because of its lack of support for mods. I play for fun and if I don't like something I want to change it so the game is more fun to play. I already do enough organizing and management etc IRL. In my free time I want to relax.

The most common cheat I used in Skyrim was for inventory space, so I could loot pretty much everything. I just don't enjoy games where I am constantly limited in what I want to do by lack of space, having to do chores and run around selling stuff constantly. I like to play for fun and do the merchant stuff at once, not in the middle of exploring. e.g. during Mayhem I emptied my mail a few times during the event, but emptied about 500 mails at the end of it at once or in two installments, instead of doing it as a chore every day.

The only reason I'm still playing Pokemon Go casually is that it let me buy inventory space for items and pokemon to the thousands. If I had been limited to what it offers for free I would have quit in a couple of weeks. Because I don't want to deal with management and organizing all the time in my free time - I do enough of that at work.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with just 2 Tabs

Front one for stuff I use all the time

Second one for storage, which is not seen in the overall inventory.

:#