The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PC EU starts lagging more than ever.

• KS_Amt38
    KS_Amt38
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem and its instance related. Got it a couple of times, a relog or location change solve the problem.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised we have had no word from anyone from ZoS on this.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    I don't do pvp but my loading times have gone up quite a bit.

Ditto.My EU loadingscreen time went up significantly, no matter what zone I port to or what time of the day it is.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did the server just die? Can't connect after a disconnect.

Got back in. Disconnected when fighting the boss of the slaver arena in DSA, when I got back I was in Deeshan and DSA had reset to first arena. 👍
    Edited by Snamyap on 30 May 2023 10:59
  • Mansquito
    Mansquito
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly the same on Xbox EU, especially Cyrodiil. Unprecedented levels of delay and bad performance has resulted in a bit of an exodus, unlike anything I have seen since I started playing.

Clearly EU on all platforms is at the back of the queue.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KS_Amt38 wrote: »
    (...) a relog or location change solve the problem.
    It's not that linear, it hasn't solved the problem for me in the last weeks and I did ported several times during each gaming session and used several chars.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KS_Amt38 wrote: »
    (...) a relog or location change solve the problem.
    It's not that linear, it hasn't solved the problem for me in the last weeks and I did ported several times during each gaming session and used several chars.

I flat out stopped playing again. Which is a real shame, I was having tons of fun in PvP, questing, honestly all aspects of the game. Then I keep trying to log in, and after the server upgrade, and me upgrading the smurf out of my pc, and having no lag for weeks, I refuse to play in this.

Other mmos getting my money till this is gone and POLISHED.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that "failing hardware" are teens having school ended and logging to play.
    Logged today to have 100 ms instead of 80 in vivec city during peak time.
  • Khrogo
    Khrogo
    ✭✭✭
    This started happening after the last maintenance. It made my weekly vet trial run last week a miserable affair. Most of us were constantly spiking up to 900 ping. A couple of group members, however, reported that they were unaffected. The problem definitely requires attention.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khrogo wrote: »
    This started happening after the last maintenance. It made my weekly vet trial run last week a miserable affair. Most of us were constantly spiking up to 900 ping. A couple of group members, however, reported that they were unaffected. The problem definitely requires attention.

It genuinely feels like the old days where when it started lagging , they didnt acknowledge it at all.
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    grey host lag is insane now. the lag is worse than before server upgrade.
    seeing glimpses of lag in blackreach even tho it was 2-3bars and gets even worse when there is a ball group around.
    Edited by ebix_ on 1 June 2023 13:03
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sad that we did not get any response from devs about the issue.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixthUA wrote: »
    If it was server-side - everyone would feel the lag. Since its only few people lagging, it must be the connection path.
    For PC-EU, ESO connects to 2 IP addresses: 23.64.12.26 and 159.100.232.156
    wo05ky9fdwjv.png
    ws4cq7lya7or.png
    No lag for me, not in game, not in connection.

You do realize that server services may (and usually do) respond on different ports and even on different IPs. For example, combat-related calculations can be done on a different part of the server than login services, etc. Why does this matter? Because the overall client-server information flow can be uninterrupted and very efficient, but the bottleneck can be, for example, the server's memory buffer for a specific service. When a specific service is flooded with information and is unable to handle all of it in real-time, the information is buffered and queued in memory, then retrieved, processed, and returned. If the server, in simplified terms, lacks sufficient computational power, delays occur not due to communication but due to server performance. Yes, a traceroute can show disruptions on individual nodes on the way to the server, but it won't show you everything. Besides, with such a large number of servers, "everyone would experience the same lag" only if the delays were actually caused by the connection to the data center. As we know, ESO operates on multiple interconnected servers, and in such cases, both the performance of individual servers and internal network nodes can vary. Depending on which part of the infrastructure players are using, they may experience delays differently or not at all.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Starpulsechic
    Starpulsechic
    ✭✭✭
    Both @markulrich1966 and @Sarannah have given a good explanation on what the issue could be with the feedback being posted by people in this thread.

Most of you are posting on experience from PC EU however please know PC NA in my observation experienced similar issues a 3-4 months after the new hardware upgrade. I play from AUS, (non vpn) so I notice these changes pretty significantly when they do occur, when the new hardware rolled out the game was loading at 150-200 ping in nearly every instance , including Cyrodill. Then within 3-4months, I was back up to 280-300 depending on instance, and in Cyrodill back to 300+ and if that Hammer in Cyrodill Spawns and I go near any keep where its at with fights, I'll just completely disconnect from the game entirely (without fail every single time). To go from one extreme to the other in terms of performance, and hearing the similar issue now occurring on PC EU, kinda highlights something was updated that is causing a problem.

However it would be like finding a needle in a haystack to resolve. I'm sure its just on the list of items they are looking at trying to work out how to fix, however with competing prioritisations this will just be added to the list of work tasks they will be looking at trying to resolve/improve and I dont think you will get updates/responses on this.

@ZOS_Kevin is the dev team aware of this issue now having had occurred on both of NA and EU?

• ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    You do realize that server services may (and usually do) respond on different ports and even on different IPs. For example, combat-related calculations can be done on a different part of the server than login services, etc. Why does this matter? Because the overall client-server information flow can be uninterrupted and very efficient, but the bottleneck can be, for example, the server's memory buffer for a specific service. When a specific service is flooded with information and is unable to handle all of it in real-time, the information is buffered and queued in memory, then retrieved, processed, and returned. If the server, in simplified terms, lacks sufficient computational power, delays occur not due to communication but due to server performance. Yes, a traceroute can show disruptions on individual nodes on the way to the server, but it won't show you everything. Besides, with such a large number of servers, "everyone would experience the same lag" only if the delays were actually caused by the connection to the data center. As we know, ESO operates on multiple interconnected servers, and in such cases, both the performance of individual servers and internal network nodes can vary. Depending on which part of the infrastructure players are using, they may experience delays differently or not at all.
    ESO client connects to a single game server IP and single port, which you can traceroute to.
    EU server is likely populated over the capacity due to the end of the school year and soon release of necrom.
    Today in vivec city:
    a87clf8w14us.png

Edited by ixthUA on 2 June 2023 22:00
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still seeing this here - anyone seen any updates / fixes?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, not everyone has these issues which are to a large extent related to Cyrodiil and to a lesser extent other primarily competitive content. Much also depends on the user's system specs and connection, as well as real world location and in some respects the use of certain add-ons (especially the trading ones and those more generally which are no longer supported or updated).

Also, ZOS have made it very clear that the recent hardware upgrades were not related to performance but intended to "inflation-proof" the servers for future additional content, while the performance enhancing software upgrades to the server architecture code are being worked on through this year and aren't yet completed.