The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug Fix (QoL Request) For "High Isle" and "Firesong" DLC Zones

APGaming
APGaming
✭✭✭
This is all intended to make the systems more streamlined and clear for players to understand. Due to the dynamics of the High Isle and Amenos zone, it can be very confusing for players when Amenos is referred to as High Isle in some cases.

Rename "X Crafting Survey: High Isle" to "X Crafting Survey: High Isle and Amenos" as some of the sites are located on Amenos instead of High Isle. And the survey maps happen to show both islands, not just High Isle.

Rename "High Isle Treasure Map X" to "High Isle and Amenos Treasure Map X" as some of the sites are located on Amenos instead of High Isle and some players may not be able to find them for this reason.

Rename the antiquities menus from "High Isle" to "High Isle and Amenos" as some of the sites are located on Amenos instead of High Isle.

Rename the antiquities and quest journal menus from "High Isle" to "High Isle and Amenos" as some quests take place on Amenos.

When another player is in Amenos, it will say on the guild roster they are in High Isle. This can be misleading when traveling to other players. Rename the "High Isle" zone to "High Isle and Amenos" in the guild roster to match the locations menu.

Rename the zone loading screen from "HIGH ISLE" to "HIGH ISLE AND AMENOS" to ensure that players do not travel to Amenos and receive a loading screen meant for only High Isle.

For consistency's sake, the same should be done with the Galen and Y'ffelon zone considering that is the name of the zone on the map screen. While no antiquities, survey reports, or treasure map sites can be found on Y'ffelon, it is important to remain consistent with one zone name across all menus. Also, adding a wayshrine to Y'ffelon for ease of travel to the island would open up an explorable space for players to return to after the quest that takes place there.

The world map should also be fixed, as many players struggle to find the High Isle and Amenos and Galen and Y'ffelon zones in the cluster of wayshrines north of Summerset. Not only is the scale horrendously incorrect, these islands should be far west of Tamriel at the fringe of the Abecean Sea. A possible solution is to create a "Systres Archipelago" blob over the current isles with an arrow pointing west. This could then open up a new map of both zones with a more spread out zoom, similar to the in-game Blackreach map. Players could travel to the Systres with no problems if this change is made.

Thank you to the developers for taking feedback on these matters.
Edited by APGaming on 17 May 2023 20:01
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the devs are already aware about the "being unable to click on the location on the map due to it being covered in wayshrines" issue, but there is no ETA on when that might be resolved

for me personally i do not see high isle and amenos as 2 separate zones because they are on the same map

a similar situation would be the western skyrim and blackreach, however those are 2 separate distinct zones/maps, where as high isle main island and amenos are on the same map, though i dont think you can swim between the main island and amenos because of slaughterfish (to be honest i never actually tried this lol)

i also dont even know why galen is referred to as "galen and yffelon" on the map when you go to the zone it is 1 contiguous island, unless yffelon is the mountain you only go to for the zone quest (which again makes me question why yffelon is even mentioned on the list of zones in the map if its not even a real area you can repeatedly go to)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • APGaming
    APGaming
    ✭✭✭
    i think the devs are already aware about the "being unable to click on the location on the map due to it being covered in wayshrines" issue, but there is no ETA on when that might be resolved

for me personally i do not see high isle and amenos as 2 separate zones because they are on the same map

a similar situation would be the western skyrim and blackreach, however those are 2 separate distinct zones/maps, where as high isle main island and amenos are on the same map, though i dont think you can swim between the main island and amenos because of slaughterfish (to be honest i never actually tried this lol)

i also dont even know why galen is referred to as "galen and yffelon" on the map when you go to the zone it is 1 contiguous island, unless yffelon is the mountain you only go to for the zone quest (which again makes me question why yffelon is even mentioned on the list of zones in the map if its not even a real area you can repeatedly go to)

As for High Isle and Amenos, the game world places a clear distinction between the two islands, and since they're both major islands in the Systres Archipelago, I personally see it as necessary to fix the name. They even have separate ambient music. To your point, you can't swim between them but they do share a zone chat. I only really noticed this as a problem when I was looking all over High Isle for a treasure map (I like trying to find them first time w/o Google) and it turned out after a Google search it was on Amenos. If they wanted to call the zone High Isle they should have made it High Isles bc Isle refers to one. Then again we're about to inherit a zone called "Telvanni Peninsula" that is neither Telvanni nor a Peninsula.

As for Galen and Y'ffelon, this is much less important, but fun fact, there's a way to travel back to Y'ffelon (volcano island) and it's a fully explorable part of the zone. That's why I mentioned a wayshrine being a cool addition because it's a fun hangout spot and good for XP farming.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i had no idea that you could even go back to the island after you were done with the quest, but for me personally, i see no real point to if there is nothing else to do there (no dig sites for antiquities or treasure maps, not even sure if theres material nodes to harvest)

for like amenos and high isle, also a thing for me personally, i still see both locations as part of the same "zone" if they are on the same map (as in like share the zone chat and stuff)

the naming is weird for me, galen treasure maps are not called "galen and yffelon maps" (even though that is technically the name of the zone on the list), so it still personally makes little sense why they included yffelon in the map name

this kind of thing is probably going to heavily vary per person and what they would prefer lol, like even just between us we have very different ways we see this lol

like for me i see high isle as the entire zone, i dont see amenos as a separate entity, and it makes no sense to include yffelon as part of the galen map name when its only listed like that on the map listing, but nowhere else in the game and being that yffelon is on the same zone as galen, its back to the "i dont see it as a separate entity" thing
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014