The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Gamepad Issue

• No_Lollygaggin
    OK, swapping into 'AUTO' has improved this a LOT. BUT i use my mouse to click back and forth from the game on one monitor and my other monitors which throws me into pc ui on click and is kind of funky. livable but not my favorite.

Im not sure I understand what the intent was in changing this in the first place.... It is HORRIBLE in the ON mode.
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Mine randomly stops working also, using an xbox series x controller, the UI will continue to look like a controller is enable but it will not respond. I have to disable the gamepad then put it turn it back on before it will work again. Keyboard and mouse will work fine though during this.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darcwolf wrote: »
    Mine randomly stops working also, using an xbox series x controller, the UI will continue to look like a controller is enable but it will not respond. I have to disable the gamepad then put it turn it back on before it will work again. Keyboard and mouse will work fine though during this.

This is the problem I'm having.
    Its seriously getting on my nerves having to unplug and plug in my controller every damn min.
    This is how ports on gamepads get broken and gamepads ain't cheap.
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Really getting annoying, it doesn't help that ZOS abandoned any support for controller during beta anyway. The fact that inventory still pops up under your chat instead of on the right when you have controller and mouse enabled is proof enough.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really getting annoying, it doesn't help that ZOS abandoned any support for controller during beta anyway. The fact that inventory still pops up under your chat instead of on the right when you have controller and mouse enabled is proof enough.

use Pchat you can move the chat window
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭

Yups. I had to move the chatbox to the middle of the right of the screen, above my minimap.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

You don't even need an add-on. You click into the chatbox, and use the mouse cursor to drag and drop the chatbox. May require shrinking and expanding it, I call it "inchworming" its way to where you want it. I put it i to the top left corner covering my groupmates' names. >_> Not like I'm a dedicated healer or anything. lololol
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate this UI flashing.
    I setting "Gamepad ON".
    But UI flash flash flash ... Why?
    ZoS, undo this chaotic UI.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate this UI flashing.
    I setting "Gamepad ON".
    But UI flash flash flash ... Why?
    ZoS, undo this chaotic UI.

Flashing???
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here- Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition controller
  • IsJustaGhost
    IsJustaGhost
    ✭✭
    ... The fact that inventory still pops up under your chat...

Since I was not able to find a way to prevent the keybind swaps, I decided I'd at lest try to do something about that.
    https://esoui.com/downloads/info3236-IsJustaGamepadUIVisibilityHelper.html
  • Superkraut
    Superkraut
    ✭✭
    ... The fact that inventory still pops up under your chat...

Since I was not able to find a way to prevent the keybind swaps, I decided I'd at lest try to do something about that.
    https://esoui.com/downloads/info3236-IsJustaGamepadUIVisibilityHelper.html

This is awesome 👌 Thank you kind sir
  • SilentScream270
    SilentScream270
    Soul Shriven
    For me, it's defaulting to keyboard controls on every ui change or pressing a button. Gamepad mode is set to "On", not "Auto".

Pressing escape in inventory changes controls to keyboard, not exit inventory.
    GPmodeControlsBug.gif

I even rebound the gamepad Ui controls to gamepad first.
    image.png

Having this same exact issue here to. Also using elite 2. in game pad mode, sensitivity is still at mouse levels, the d-pad moves my character as well as other functions like changing targeted quest and sheathing weapons and all the other d-pad expected functions. Pressing the menu button on the controller does not open the character menus, amongst other stuff.

If this many people are having this same issue, my guess is its not a client-side thing, its a game thing.
    weenor
  • IsJustaGhost
    IsJustaGhost
    ✭✭
    the d-pad moves my character

The d-pad should not move your character. I don't even think there is a setting in game to allow it to.
    If steam is running, or other application that can make the controller work with the OS, perhaps it's what's causing the issue.

The issue I was having was, every time I touched the keyboard or the mouse moved, it changed the keybind labels to keyboard's. It caused a delay in functionality when they changed back to gamepad's.
    For example: press i to open the inventory. Now the keybind labels are for keyboard. Then it required 2 presses on the gamepad for it to work. Press 1, changes back to gamepad labels. press 2 does action.
    However, they added a setting to prevent label swapping.
  • KattyJaxx
    KattyJaxx
    ✭✭
    I had to do a firmware update for my xbox controller and it fixed the issue
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the gamepad support thread ? 😂
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait did they ?

Is this true ? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill