The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions on Unflinching Rage.

Acrolein1
Acrolein1
Hey. So I was thinking about making a magsorc as an orc. I know racials grant VERY little to anyone but the highest of high tier players. So I'm not worried about damage, rather the utility and usefulness. But I can't find much info or opinions on Unflinching Rage that was tweaked. Anyone?
  • Acrolein1
    Acrolein1
    So. No one? I'm just trying to find out if Unflinching Rage is worth of losing 2k magicka or not.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. Prob not.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolein1 wrote: »
    So. No one? I'm just trying to find out if Unflinching Rage is worth of losing 2k magicka or not.

I would because I don't care. Role Play is endgame. But besides the fact that I don't care for meta, I think it would synergize with Crit Surge well and the extra line of health is always nice. Plus Orcs get more movement speed when sprinting, which is good for survivability. Go for it.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolein1 wrote: »

I would because I don't care. Role Play is endgame. But besides the fact that I don't care for meta, I think it would synergize with Crit Surge well and the extra line of health is always nice. Plus Orcs get more movement speed when sprinting, which is good for survivability. Go for it.

Honestly this, I was tired and gave you a quick honest answer in terms of efficiency worth it.

Just an FYI 2k mag is only like 200 wep/spell after buffs which is like a 2-2.5% increase. It really, really doesn’t matter.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming this is for a PVE build, my question would be why would you want a stamina buff on a magicka character? The healing passive is also pretty meh. 2,125 every 4 seconds isn't going to keep you alive. Dark Elf and Khajiit are far superior for damage, even if not a min/max player, and they give the ability to flip back and forth between magicka and stamina. High Elf is a much better call than Orc as well.

If its PVP? Well, that would be a pretty decent call, with all the running and dodge rolling. But not for PVE
  • ArcaneScientius
    ArcaneScientius
    ✭✭✭
    I have a redguard magcro. Literally zero bonuses to magic. I soloed two admittedly easy dungeons today volenfell and arx corinium.
    Orcs at least have spell damage bonus.

Choose the race you like. It will work.
    Nothing leads to more death than the need for certainty. - Xukas
    HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME? - Pratchett
    In balance with this life, this death - W.B. Yeats
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming this is for a PVE build, my question would be why would you want a stamina buff on a magicka character? The healing passive is also pretty meh. 2,125 every 4 seconds isn't going to keep you alive. Dark Elf and Khajiit are far superior for damage, even if not a min/max player, and they give the ability to flip back and forth between magicka and stamina. High Elf is a much better call than Orc as well.

If its PVP? Well, that would be a pretty decent call, with all the running and dodge rolling. But not for PVE

Sprinting, dodging, and breaking free. If your race doesn't have stamina sustain built in, you're probably going to have to build for the things I mentioned.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sprinting, dodging, and breaking free. If your race doesn't have stamina sustain built in, you're probably going to have to build for the things I mentioned.

Oh, I agree, but sprinting, dodging, and breaking free (and blocking) are larger concerns in PVP. In a PVE group, either trial or dungeon, the stamina pool on a magicka character is largely untouched and there for all of those things. My thought was if you are building a magicka character, go with a race that gives some magicka benefit, or straight damage/health. The 1000 stamina is both unnecessary and a laughably small bump