Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Return the regeneration of 3x stats from oblivion foe

GrimStyx
GrimStyx
✭✭✭
Hi, does anyone else remember this set? Unfortunately, he was killed many patches ago, since his chip was a sustain and a 100% damage buff from the soul magic branch, which made it possible to specialize in her skills, now, the set is useless and extremely weak, I really didn’t understand the reason for the nerf of this set, explain why it set did not please ZOS
Edited by GrimStyx on 31 March 2023 11:04
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The set is not useless nor is it extremely weak
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Miracle19
    Miracle19
    ✭✭✭
    Please buff oblivions foe
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    The set is not useless nor is it extremely weak

give an example of a build where it would play well, without the old sustain this is not the best choice, except for a fun. No meta build uses Oblivion because it doesn't provide stats, sustain, defend, or enough damage.
    Edited by GrimStyx on 31 March 2023 14:39
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    plus, it now applies only additional dot damage, and does not buff the damage from the soul magic skills themselves, i.e. the difference is whether you use the ultimate or not, now there is no, the dot itself is applied with a delay, when you swapping weapons,
    and may not apply the proc from the set, he is clearly not the best option now, maybe I exaggerated by saying that he is very weak, but not good either
    after all, the set initially made it possible to assemble a dot build on any class, and gave sustain, i.e. plugged all holes, it was an excellent secondary set for your help, now, not only is the damage from the proc scaled from spd and wpd, i.e. pure stats, you can't get a stat build unless you sacrifice sustain, which is mean useless your build and permament death if you want seriously play
    Edited by GrimStyx on 31 March 2023 14:59
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭

Omg, let's leave this unfortunate dot status from the set, and just return the stat regeneration, this will return the set to the game
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Splitting Trap:

Lay claim to enemy souls, dealing 2316 Magic Damage to your target and any other nearby enemies over 10 seconds. Fills an empty Soul Gem if an affected enemy dies.

If you're running a dot build (these can still work in the tanky heal meta: get enough dots going and just heal yourself indefinitely till everyone else is dead), this skill can be quite effective at dishing out a lot of damage to groups of enemy players.

Additionally, 2 lines of spell damage + a line of penetration is pretty good.

So there's one use for the current Oblivion's Foe set.

This set used to be a beast back when it dished out ten times the dot buff it does now. :)
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    Caribou77 wrote: »
    Soul Splitting Trap:

Lay claim to enemy souls, dealing 2316 Magic Damage to your target and any other nearby enemies over 10 seconds. Fills an empty Soul Gem if an affected enemy dies.

If you're running a dot build (these can still work in the tanky heal meta: get enough dots going and just heal yourself indefinitely till everyone else is dead), this skill can be quite effective at dishing out a lot of damage to groups of enemy players.

Additionally, 2 lines of spell damage + a line of penetration is pretty good.

So there's one use for the current Oblivion's Foe set.

This set used to be a beast back when it dished out ten times the dot buff it does now. :)

the damage is actually not so good there, it's like degeneration, just maybe little more damage, the trap itself can be missed and it has a cast time, and also takes up a spell slot, which usually used for penetration, and besides, it is not always possible to impose a dot on the group, and it is also easily purge, I don’t know, the group is unlikely to feel it to the fullest, players play against the group on bombers, fast explosive AoE damage, but not with slow ticks from dot, it's weak and unreliable. Show how a serious pvp player sorts out packs with this foe, you won’t find anything like that, because, as I said, it’s inefficient, if the zos had thought this moment better, then it’s possible, but for now, that’s what it is. If you want to take something against the group, and have some dot, what does not occupy an ability slot and does not require special conditions then it’s better to take the plaguebreak, here’s an AoE dot for you, and an explosive potential
    Edited by GrimStyx on 31 March 2023 16:52
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% damage on soul trap? Man, that was like 5 years ago. Forget it already )
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, was that 5 years ago? I gotta get a calendar 😁