Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mechanical acuity on dk is broken

GrimStyx
GrimStyx
✭✭✭
Greetings. I already had a post with my back side on fire about the fact that DKs are removing you from the game, on full health and in the block, while being unkillable canned food. This is a broken build, and something needs to be done about it, otherwise, it will be impossible to play pvp on other classes, except for the DK with mech.acurity set and corrosive armor in combination, cause you can't kill it, dk's is tank your damge so easy, to and accumulate ultimate points and you can't run away from it, if you try it catches up with you, anyway, and will keep in control to blast you with crazy damage. And unfortunately, this assembly is gaining more and more popularity, soon it would be impossible to play pvp, but, idk, when zos will pay attention to it. Let's assume that this post is intended to speed up this process
Edited by GrimStyx on 22 March 2023 23:49
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    The problem is not mec acuity but corosive armor.

I play DK for 2 weaks after being main templar for years and ... corrosive armor is too strong for pvp. It feel like easy mode.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you’re saying that having 100% penetration and 100% chance of critically striking over a 4 second duration while only taking 3% of your total health per hit is unfair?…

No way. Corrosive should give 6,000 more weapon damage for free, that way it will truly be balanced.
  • StormSlash
    StormSlash
    ✭✭
    I know its been talked about before, but corrosive armor definitely needs some attention its extremely strong in the right hands.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when Corrosive Armor only applied to stamDKs? Kinda miss those days, and that's coming from a magDK who doesn't like the idea of getting nerfed.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason I dont think Corrosive will ever be meaningfully adjusted. I dont understand the vision behind DK and NB clearly outperforming other classes. But I do know that pvp is a lot less diverse and fun than it was a few updates ago. I liked it when necros and templars could compete, and NB wasnt so overpowered. I wish I knew what the main thinking/vision on class balance is.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hah...yeah whoever thought it a good idea to give any Stam class access to mag abilities messed up
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't that the point of it being a
    Ultimate Ability.
    When was the last time someone looked at all of the Most Unused Class Abilities/Ultimates and called for them to be brought up to parity instead of nerfing the most used class abilities/ultimates HmmMMM?
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate Ability.
    When was the last time someone looked at all of the Most Unused Class Abilities/Ultimates and called for them to be brought up to parity instead of nerfing the most used class abilities/ultimates HmmMMM?

It isn't that rare to see people asking for unused ultis to be made better. The calls for nerfs draw a little more attention and thusly stay on the main page for longer. But requests for buffs are almost equal in number. It would take about 8 seconds to find topics about buffing sorcs, templars, and necros. I specifically recall reading a topic like yesterday asking for one morph of the templar healing Ult to act, frankly, more like Corrosive. Maybe a week ago there was a thread circulating about whether or not Negate should have a morph to effect stam abilities. And there are recurring occasions where people ask for the NB Shadow ulti to be buffed cuz... Y'know, it sucks.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corrosive armor has been overperforming for yeeaars.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ultimate Ability.

There's been countless buff plar/buff cro threads over the past few months to go along with the countless buff sorc threads that have been going on for near on 9 months now.

I had a full thread going a few months ago where I went through the entire sorc kit and pointed out pain points with every ability/passive, reason they are bad/underused/unused and ways to maybe make them better. I also had other threads that went over the most important issues to address with the class to bring it into 2022/2023 ESO.

There are plenty of buff threads out there, they just don't draw as much attention as the nerf threads (outside of buff sorc threads that seem to draw an irrational hatred from commenters who use their fear or 2017 sorcs to keep the class from getting anything outside of nerfs)
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    Ultimate Ability.

Something being "most used" doesn't mean it is balanced to the rest of the game. The point of an ultimate is high likely not to have something dangerously close to an "i win" button.
    Game balance requires a holistically approach, which means that something that overperforms in general must be nerfed. You can't just buff everything else to the overperforming standards as that would cause all kinds of unforeseen consequences (which, as we all know, will leave you only with a crowbar in hand), eg the average time to kill messed up or general (de-) buff bloat etc.
    When people think "buff only" approaches can work, they often miss that holistically view on the game and argue very egocentrical (deliberately or not). They act more like influencers and less like scientists.
    Any attempt to achieve a somewhat balanced state without hurting someones feelings is ultimately doomed to fail.

Imagine a new dungeon comes out and one of the bosses is mathematically impossible to beat.
    Players cry out to fix this nonsense.
    Game designers buff all the other bosses in the game to the same standard, as nerfs are not allowed.
    Game ruined.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GrimStyx wrote: »
    Greetings. I already had a post with my back side on fire about the fact that DKs are removing you from the game, on full health and in the block, while being unkillable canned food.

I can't wait to call my DK friends "unkillable canned food".
    spam.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=is&k=20&c=hH3YriatsYoBwQnLQ_V0WLsEjUFlDTEbjAiPNvyCwtc=

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Vladislav_Drakula
    Vladislav_Drakula
    Soul Shriven
    I think corrosion should cost more or not be combined with mechanical
  • Vladislav_Drakula
    Vladislav_Drakula
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler pay attention to this broken combination with dk.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corrosive is to powerful. But then again they glow green and dmg does not land on them. For me its time to create space, buff up and debuffs or dots you have to stick on the DK and wait it out. The moment it drops go all in and kill it. Or am I missing something here? Yes its annoying, Yes its to powerfull, Yes it has simple counter to create space wait for it to end and make sure you have burst lined up when it does. It is like a green light that says now I am going to kill you please let me.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Corrosive is to powerful. But then again they glow green and dmg does not land on them. For me its time to create space, buff up and debuffs or dots you have to stick on the DK and wait it out. The moment it drops go all in and kill it. Or am I missing something here? Yes its annoying, Yes its to powerfull, Yes it has simple counter to create space wait for it to end and make sure you have burst lined up when it does. It is like a green light that says now I am going to kill you please let me.

A lot of the time the DK (at least the good ones) will hide the corrosive and Mech acuity visuals with Coag that only leaves a very faint dull green around them (easily spotted for those who know what they're doing against the class, but very difficult to see if you don't fight DKs often enough to know about it).
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    DK has a spammable leap and 7 meter melee range. Maybe creating space works in duel situations, but everything with more players involved will definitely reduce your kiting possibilities immensely, particularly when the fights happen in cramped locations, like battlegrounds. In battlegrounds it is often even worse to being forced to kite them because objective timers don't stop when DK ultimates run.
    Also, as mentioned above, in many cases the FX must have been designed to obfuscate and blind the player rather than being useful information. Otherwise i can't explain the flashbang storm ESO creates on the screen.
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    Ultimate Ability.

If there is an imba class in the game, then you should not nerf it, but make other classes imba too, the logic is clear, but nerfing is faster and easier xd
    Considering how much Zos asked to give buffs to weak classes or completely redo them, for example, the same necro, but, as a result, is ignored, or goes by leaps and bounds, what will we see in 3 years, when everything will change and this will not be necessary,
    and the question is, won't superbuffs break the game completely? Maybe it's just really better to nerf abilities and combos that bypass the balance of the game, than giving superpowers to everyone, like cheaters who have fun with each other on some game server
    Edited by GrimStyx on 28 March 2023 15:54
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate Ability.

This mentality always baffles me. One ability is over performing so you think the entire game should be rebalanced rather than just addressing the one problem skill? Would hate to work for you lol
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caribou77 wrote: »
    For some reason I dont think Corrosive will ever be meaningfully adjusted. I dont understand the vision behind DK and NB clearly outperforming other classes. But I do know that pvp is a lot less diverse and fun than it was a few updates ago. I liked it when necros and templars could compete, and NB wasnt so overpowered. I wish I knew what the main thinking/vision on class balance is.

Class balance isn't about balancing classes. It is about buffing the classes the dev play and nerfing the ones they dislike. Just like it was when I was playing DCUO. Devs did the same crap on that game and it made some of the class unplayable. Same thing is happening her and if it isn't that it sure feels like that.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only issue with Magma Armor is that it has a unique ability that the rest of the game just can't interact with
    6rvebv4ewpy1.png

> limiting incoming damage to 3% of your Max Health

It doesn't use Resistance, which Penetration can counter and has a Resistance cap. It doesn't apply mitigation, which would then have to scale against other mitigation sources multiplicatively. Does it bypasses mitigation by resetting the damage to a flat cap before all your OTHER reductions apply? IOW, does total mitigation apply before or after Magma Armor applies its damage cap?

Lets say you're at 30k health, being hit by 10k damage. You have 60% armor mitigation + Battle Spirit reduces damage 50% for 80% mitigation.

Which one is it?
    1. 10k -> 2k (80%) -> 900 (MA reduction)
    2. 10k -> 900 (MA reduction) -> 180 (80%)

Forgive my crude, laymen understanding of mitigation
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    My only issue with Magma Armor is that it has a unique ability that the rest of the game just can't interact with
    6rvebv4ewpy1.png

> limiting incoming damage to 3% of your Max Health

It doesn't use Resistance, which Penetration can counter and has a Resistance cap. It doesn't apply mitigation, which would then have to scale against other mitigation sources multiplicatively. Does it bypasses mitigation by resetting the damage to a flat cap before all your OTHER reductions apply? IOW, does total mitigation apply before or after Magma Armor applies its damage cap?

Lets say you're at 30k health, being hit by 10k damage. You have 60% armor mitigation + Battle Spirit reduces damage 50% for 80% mitigation.

Which one is it?
    1. 10k -> 2k (80%) -> 900 (MA reduction)
    2. 10k -> 900 (MA reduction) -> 180 (80%)

Forgive my crude, laymen understanding of mitigation

im pretty sure this is calculated after everything

so if you would be like in your first example
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Hah...yeah whoever thought it a good idea to give any Stam class access to mag abilities messed up

It's awesome! I love having a hybrid warden and sorc.