The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

IN COMBAT

Steel-256
Steel-256
✭✭✭
I am sick of this IN-COMBAT crap. I can't even log-out for being stuck in it for 10 minutes and not even near a fight. I had to run from one keep to another because it wouldnt let me mount, with not a soul around but for some reason I was stuck IN COMBAT. This is annoying and as I'm typing this my character is sitting away from everyone and is going in and out of combat not allowing me to logout. FIX THIS
STEEL PURE MAN
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Steel-256 wrote: »
    I am sick of this IN-COMBAT crap. I can't even log-out for being stuck in it for 10 minutes and not even near a fight. I had to run from one keep to another because it wouldnt let me mount, with not a soul around but for some reason I was stuck IN COMBAT. This is annoying and as I'm typing this my character is sitting away from everyone and is going in and out of combat not allowing me to logout. FIX THIS

That bug has been around for years now, at this point it almost feels like a feature.

If you're in cyrodiil, entering and then exiting the portal at the home base (the one for the quest to learn about Volendrung) will pull you out of combat.

I've also heard that entering/exiting delves works too, although I'm not sure about this one as I haven't tested it myself.

Porting to IC also works fairly reliably for me as well and can be done anywhere in tamriel and even while in combat as it now works like the pve group dungeon port where it just load screens you into that zone. The only downside to this one though is having to wait for the queue time to get back into cyro if you are doing this during prime time, but it can be used anywhere and should pull you out of combat once in the IC sewer base.
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely one of the most annoying "features."
    x67ryloy5c97.jpg
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the “port-to-someplace-else” fixes work fine until there’s a queue into the campaign, then you’re stuck having to re-queue back into Cyrodiil, all because ZOS can’t seem to handle on this. It’s 100% my biggest frustration in this game.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're in cyrodiil, entering and then exiting the portal at the home base (the one for the quest to learn about Volendrung) will pull you out of combat.

This did not even work FOR ME TONIGHT, I could not even port to a regular zone! if I am not in combat for 45-60 sec's it needs to turn off. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FULL STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravage Health potion + jump from roof.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This did not even work FOR ME TONIGHT, I could not even port to a regular zone! if I am not in combat for 45-60 sec's it needs to turn off. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FULL STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm, strange that that's not working for you as that one is my go to method to fix the bug.

Maybe a difference of the bug between PC and PS which is making it complicated to fix? (I honestly don't know what to say here, maybe the bug really is that complicated to fix, despite how simple it seems to be on the surface).

Agree it's frustrating, hopefully the server upgrades do something to help reduce it (or hopefully the code re-write fixes it), but we won't know until those are done. :disappointed:
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got killed, rezzed at the wayshrine, and was still in combat after death. How?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got killed, rezzed at the wayshrine, and was still in combat after death. How?

Haven't you ever heard of restless or vengeful spirits?
    On a more serious note: ouch.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the grim darkness of far Cyrodiil, there is only In Combat.
    Edited by KlauthWarthog on 28 March 2023 20:56
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has never admitted that this is even a bug.

It is ABSURD that for 10-15 minutes after you stopped fighting another player, and when you are half way across the map, that you are still "in combat".

There is NO reason for this. Yes, maybe keep in combat for a minute after leaving a fight-- BUT 15 MINUTES?

We have all bugged and posted this for years-- nothing.

And YES-- they can fix it. Anyone who has ever tried to use spectral bow against NPCs in Zerodil knows this. The INSTANT the guards die, you go out of combat and lose your stacks.

So it CAN be fixed!
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would LOVE for ZOS to fix this. Honestly, ZOS finally fixing the "stuck in combat" bug is in my top 5 most desired fixes for 3rd quarter. I can teleport back to the alliance base, stand there for 10 minutes, and still the game thinks I'm in combat. I can DIE, respawn all the way clear across Cyrodiil in a completely different area, and the game still thinks I'm in combat. All the buffs/debuffs I handed out MUST be over and gone. I can't log out cause I'm in combat, I can't leave Cyrodiil cause I'm in combat, I can't change skills/sets cause I'm in combat, I can't mount cause I'm in combat. It's easily one of THE most annoying things in Cyrodiil and that includes getting ganked...
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fixed a similar combat bug ages ago by coding in a hard drop out after not taking/dealing damage for 6 seconds iirc. No clue have this could even break, but here we are. 🤘🏽😎
  • Azphira
    Azphira
    ✭✭✭
    Being in combat halfway across a zone gives me the Everquest nostalgia feels.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Our healers were complaining about this as well, as the HoTs they put out seem to prevent them from mounting for long periods. The dual rider mounts did not fix this, if you can't mount you can't get on a group members backseat either.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our healers were complaining about this as well, as the HoTs they put out seem to prevent them from mounting for long periods. The dual rider mounts did not fix this, if you can't mount you can't get on a group members backseat either.

Healers have it the worst, especially pug healers. Putting a HoT on someone who then gets into a long, drawn-out battle keeps the healer in combat for the duration as well, even if the healer moves on and doesn't engage in further combat. I've accidentally put a HoT on someone fighting tower humpers and spent the next 20 minutes regretting it too many times to count.