Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hope they adjust Blood mist…

Animar111
Animar111
✭✭✭✭
Problem I have currently with blood mist is that most of the time I over shoot the target and end up becoming the target.

And this happens mostly when you’re tank has adds or boss faced away from group as a good tank does, I end up over shooting the target and end up in front of the tank and take the damage.

I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this….?

Also the skill itself seems to be very underpowered think they over nerfed it when it went live.

For solo play it’s ok but very underpowered.
Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 27 March 2023 15:26
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know that you can aim the landing position with your mouse / cursor? The effect also relies on how many enemies you hit, on a single target it's way less powerful.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »
    You know that you can aim the landing position with your mouse / cursor? The effect also relies on how many enemies you hit, on a single target it's way less powerful.

Yes I know you can aim but in group play when so much going on with ground effects ect and pace of play can become very awkward you can’t see where the target area is perhaps if they made it more visible…..?

Don’t know how much they nerfed it but must of been a lot since pts.
    Edited by Animar111 on 26 March 2023 15:38
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they buffed it it'd be a bit too much so where it sits right now is fine. I will admit I got myself killed in a few dungeons with it, but I learned with practice how to better use it. Sometimes it's just better to aim straight down, activate it, and go from there where you don't move from your original position.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    Animar111 wrote: »
    Also the skill itself seems to be very underpowered think they over nerfed it when it went live.

For solo play it’s ok but very underpowered.

Underpowered??

It procs the shadow damage boost passive and doubles as an engage and escape. It significantly boosted both my survivability and kill confidence in PvP when it went live. It's almost overpowered, but you have to build around it.

No skill should carry on its own. I build around vampire, and this is the closest to balanced and viable that it's ever been. The only other adjustment I would make to the skill line is reducing vampiric drain's channel time from 3 to 1.8 seconds. Possibly with ramping magicka cost & / or diminishing returns to discourage spamming.

Anyway, maybe blood mist is less effective in PvE, but I see it as more of a tanking tool anyway. Any aura that damages & heals would probably take a back seat to other DOT options, usually ground AOE that damage & buff, or damage & debuff. It gives good burst with the strike from the shadows passive, but keeping that up is an expensive chore, so unless you want to commit to a very tough rotation, any other AOE DOT could fill the role you're trying to put it in.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    they killed my Cheese vampire meme build which made it immortal with 100% uptime of blood mist. Sad.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a double-edged sword. On one side you can teleport into AOE through an enemy and die. On the other side you can teleport THROUGH the enemy, get behind their back and flank them for passives. Let's say vCR+3 crystals, stones in vERE HM or generally any enemy to apply offbalance.

It's not a gap-closed, it's a general movement skill which I really like! I died myself a couple of times by teleporting infront of the boss but that's on me. I'd rather have it how it works now than for it to prevent me to teleport through enemies.
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tbh as an "escape" it sucks hard, far to short ranged and slow movement to be a good escape tool but the fact it procs its stealth break passive makes it... tolerable, i wouldnt mind if they either decreased base cost by 20% or increased max range by 5, since its much slower than streak, cant stun and costs more.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• ZOS_Kraken
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood mist is utterly trash now. It was essentially the only way to survive ballgroup "faceroll train", Dark Convergence bombers, or burst from coordinated smallscales.

I highly doubt that even roleplayers use this skill now.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »

Yeah, my friend and I who do a lot of RP with our vampires were a little disappointed. The range seems really short, but is probably equivalent to the sorcerer bolt skill. And the little circle you set doesn't really say you'll land there XD I was excited thinking we could use it a little like the Arcanist teleport - go up on rocks/walls, etc - but no. You go in a straight line, so if you're on the crest of a hill, you'll be falling. It's basically bolt escape for vampires.

Also - and I say this tongue in cheek - needs more bats. ;)
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »

As a roleplayer I actually love it. Sure we can't stay in it, but you couldn't chat and leave Mistform on anyways so nothing really was lost.

All my roleplaying friends actually love using it to fly. You can bridge gaps with Mistform now and get into locations you probably would have difficulty getting to otherwise.

For example:
    20230314204936_1.jpg
    20230313222839_1.jpg

We used Mistform to fly from that rock to the mushroom, and in Solitude I flew between two points in the street.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they killed my Cheese vampire meme build which made it immortal with 100% uptime of blood mist. Sad.

And nothing of value was lost.