Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Abilities/Ultimates: Your thoughts?

Skullstachio
Skullstachio
✭✭✭✭✭
I ask you all this:
"What are the most Underused Abilities/Ultimates in all Activities including endgame activities? And What can Be done to bring them up to parity?"
I say this, Because from what I see, There are just too many nerfs that are/have been called for over time which, while some may have been rarely for the right reasons (welcome to be wrong here.) most of the time, It has left elder scrolls online Worse for wear. The most recent one being a nerf to corrosive armor because someone in pvp ended up on the receiving end of a DK using corrosive armor with mechanical acuity and decided to criticise an "Ultimate Ability" for being what it is: an Ultimate ability which like many ultimates, are designed to shift the tide of battle when sufficiently charged and if used correctly.

So instead of calling for nerfs to an Ultimate, let alone an ability which may be the most used amongst many others. Why not Look at some of the most Underused Abilities/Ultimates and see what can be done, to tweak/buff them up to be used just as much as the most used abilities/ultimates currently used, bring them up to parity.

So again: "What are the most Underused Abilities/Ultimates in all Activities including endgame activities? And What can Be done to bring them up to parity?"
(Yes, I know class feedback threads exist to bring up specific pain points regarding that respective classes abilities/ultimates, but given said threads are not exactly "PINNED" for ease of access kinda makes the threads themselves a pain point eh?)
"When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's lots of abilities and ultimates, both class and otherwise, that just don't see use. Basically the whole Psijic skill line, most of Mage's Guild and Fighter's Guild sans the passive slottables + trap + entropy, the heavy armor and medium armor skills (light armor has a situational use for some classes). The entire Undaunted skill line other than orb (sometimes). All ultimates in Templar are trash other than aedric spear, and it's only "good" because it needs to be slotted for the skill line passive. Lots of templar skills are bad as well; jabs, javelin is pretty situational at best, sun fire, solar flare. Warden Dive always felt terrible to use, and the change to skills to be reliant on ice staves really hurts the class as a whole. don't get me started on dead and bad skills in Sorc. I'd go into NB but just typing about their skills gives me carpal tunnel. I don't play Necro, and DK is ok aside from a couple dead skills in earthen heart.
    Edited by merpins on 26 March 2023 00:25
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I specifically want to focus on spammables in pvp.
    Now with major berserk on wrecking blow, why would i use anything else on sorc warden necro and even templar?

I think it is time to give these classes a decent spammable.
    Dk and nb are the only ones with good spammables, but other classes feel more generic and have less flavour without a good class spammble.

I would also like to mention ultimates, apart from dk and nb other classes rely mostly on dawnbreaker.

I feel like sorc templar warden necro need a cheap cost burst ultimate to replace dbos for more class flavour, templar has crescent sweep but it needs a slight buff because most people still prefer dbos over it.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My primary focus when it comes to ultimates are passives. Therefore, my wardens use the bear and my non-wardens use the Fighters Guild ultimate.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've stopped using ultimate abilities altogether, there's a red CP Star that gives you up to 1500 health recovery based on your ultimate charge. I found that more useful than the actual ultimate abilities themselves as I can recover health quickly. Now I use ultimate abilities that have passive bonuses and rarely cast them unless I really need in situations where it outweighs the super health regen.

Werewolf for the stamina recovery, Dawnbreaker for Slayer, Meteor for Magicka Controller, Undo for Concentrated Barrier, Necromancer's Colossus for Death Knell or Goliath for Death Gleaning, Nightblade's Incapacitating Strike for the resource restore, Sorcerer's Storm Atronach for Expert Mage, Warden's Bear for Advanced Species, and Templar's Radial Sweep for Piercing Spear.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on 26 March 2023 13:38
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    Consuming Darkness..... this skill has probably been useless for the greater half of a decade now, I dunno.... but a long time.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every templar ultimates is not good enough. 5morph out of 6 need total rework.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've stopped using ultimate abilities altogether, there's a red CP Star that gives you up to 1500 health recovery based on your ultimate charge. I found that more useful than the actual ultimate abilities themselves as I can recover health quickly. Now I use ultimate abilities that have passive bonuses and rarely cast them unless I really need in situations where it outweighs the super health regen.

Werewolf for the stamina recovery, Dawnbreaker for Slayer, Meteor for Magicka Controller, Undo for Concentrated Barrier, Necromancer's Colossus for Death Knell or Goliath for Death Gleaning, Nightblade's Incapacitating Strike for the resource restore, Sorcerer's Storm Atronach for Expert Mage, Warden's Bear for Advanced Species, and Templar's Radial Sweep for Piercing Spear.
    I hadn't considered that one, I'm going to rework my fitness tree CP allocation plan. :)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390