The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you feel about tank changes?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I personally feel like it gives so much more potential for things.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They're great. Have to unlearn taunting chained things and anticipating barswaps but tanking feels less stressful now.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • UNSeki
    UNSeki
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite happy with our new AoE Minor Breach and that we keep bracing when bar swapping. Not as happy that you depend on already having the Chilled effect on the enemies for it to trigger, though. It feels like pigeonholing ice staff tanking to Wardens, unless you decide to run double ice staves, where your front bar is Charged – or you use a frost glyph and lose the Minor Vulnerability chance from the shock glyph.

The return of soft taunts is great. No longer do we need to spend extra resources just to taunt an enemy after already having fulfilled our role of controlling them with a pull.

Further down the road, I'd like to see different sources of Major Vulnerability and Minor Courage, to promote build diversity instead of incentivizing people to always run Yolnahkriin and/or Turning Tide.
    Edited by UNSeki on 17 March 2023 22:40
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UNSeki wrote: »
    I'm quite happy with our new AoE Minor Breach and that we keep bracing when bar swapping. Not as happy that you depend on already having the Chilled effect on the enemies for it to trigger, though. It feels like pigeonholing ice staff tanking to Wardens, unless you decide to run double ice staves, where your front bar is Charged – or you use a frost glyph and lose the Minor Vulnerability chance from the shock glyph.

The return of soft taunts is great. No longer do we need to spend extra resources just to taunt an enemy after already having fulfilled our role of controlling them with a pull.

Further down the road, I'd like to see different sources of Major Vulnerability and Minor Courage, to promote build diversity instead of incentivizing people to always run Yolnahkriin and/or Turning Tide.

I would like to see other options for minor brittle instead of forcing frost staff
  • mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    Love my new taunt-chains.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more tanks. I'm for anything that makes the process easier for them.

PS5/NA
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually advocate for more realistic game play. It makes sense to me that swapping bars would drop block AND if you can't time your block correctly, I like that the player is, more or less, punished for lack of skill! I do sort of dislike that the skill bar on block has lowered a bit with less rewards for being a skilled tank...

... HOWEVER, I think this is a place where it's acceptable to break from realism and we should make an exception here. The reason is because of how integral Tanking is to a group and the potential for disaster with a dropped Tank. I want Tanks that can't "properly" time their block to the boss HA to be punished! But, it isn't just the 1 player being punished; that Tank is basically holding up the entire group! Punishing the Tank means potentially wiping the entire group because of one player. I think that punishment doesn't fit the situation and we should be a bit more lenient on punishing Tanks because of it.

Alternatively... I would like to see a change to blocking to make it more engaging and rewarding for skilled play. For instance,
    • What if when blocking a boss HA, if block was initiated within the last 2 seconds, then the Stamina cost is reduced? or the Boss is set off balance? Perma holding block would still be fine, but if you are quick on the block, then the Tank, or damage, is rewarded in some way?
    • What if Tank LA reduced the cost of the next Blocked attack by 30%? Give some benefit to dropping shield sometimes and give the Tank more "optional" stuff to do rather than simply perma blocking.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    I usually advocate for more realistic game play. It makes sense to me that swapping bars would drop block AND if you can't time your block correctly, I like that the player is, more or less, punished for lack of skill! I do sort of dislike that the skill bar on block has lowered a bit with less rewards for being a skilled tank...

... HOWEVER, I think this is a place where it's acceptable to break from realism and we should make an exception here. The reason is because of how integral Tanking is to a group and the potential for disaster with a dropped Tank. I want Tanks that can't "properly" time their block to the boss HA to be punished! But, it isn't just the 1 player being punished; that Tank is basically holding up the entire group! Punishing the Tank means potentially wiping the entire group because of one player. I think that punishment doesn't fit the situation and we should be a bit more lenient on punishing Tanks because of it.

Alternatively... I would like to see a change to blocking to make it more engaging and rewarding for skilled play. For instance,
    • What if when blocking a boss HA, if block was initiated within the last 2 seconds, then the Stamina cost is reduced? or the Boss is set off balance? Perma holding block would still be fine, but if you are quick on the block, then the Tank, or damage, is rewarded in some way?
    • What if Tank LA reduced the cost of the next Blocked attack by 30%? Give some benefit to dropping shield sometimes and give the Tank more "optional" stuff to do rather than simply perma blocking.

There already is a benefit to not perma blocking: sustain. It depends on class of course but as a sorc I can’t permablock and have to learn to stop blocking all the time. Especially when theres a lot of small enemies that don’t hurt… they eat up stam real fast.

There’s also still a benefit to timing barswaps. Defensive stance I think only works on sword and board so if you take a hit on your ice bar it may hurt more.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore