Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

PvP New Achievement Bug

Faint_One
Faint_One
✭✭✭
I completed todays conquest daily mission,but it not count to achievement,please check it ,already send report ticket ty!
  • Faint_One
    Faint_One
    ✭✭✭
    x0nwravcu9mi.png
    nh3l8a4z2ncw.png
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's broken for everyone. I've got most of the achievement finished, but zero credit for 20 completed Conquest missions.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will fix it when they have more PVP stuff to add
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it curious that so many things don't appear to be tested before being released. Were these achievements and rewards on the PTS?
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I find it curious that so many things don't appear to be tested before being released. Were these achievements and rewards on the PTS?

Not sure enough people care to test stuff like that, as it's getting ignored and especially in PvP when it's in its declined state for so long.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure enough people care to test stuff like that, as it's getting ignored and especially in PvP when it's in its declined state for so long.

Well, they seem to have a robust and well organized QA department. Surely they don't depend on players to do QA for them?

Is there a testing protocol for new content? Are they not able to create their own in-house characters to test whether these things will work or not?
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, they seem to have a robust and well organized QA department. Surely they don't depend on players to do QA for them?

Is there a testing protocol for new content? Are they not able to create their own in-house characters to test whether these things will work or not?

Such achievement completion is probably done by automation or by commands in bulk, surely no one actually going Cyro for it and test in actual environment. I know for sure they have a team for testing group content and associated achievements it seem included, but most other things aren't "played" I can imagine, but done via commands for example adding kill counts or what's not.

Might get used that previously players were invested in PTS and did a lot of their work rolling all kinds of content there, which isn't the case now after multiple exoduses of dedicated playerbase.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There always seems to be this huge misunderstanding that the dev enviroments are event remotely the same as the live ones. In pretty much any software dev system, you could QA a specific item to death in the dev environment and then push it to live and that same thing just breaks in the live environment due to the nature of the two environments.

Live environments contain a whole factor of variables that make it different from the test environment. Including player load. No amount of QA work in the dev environment could make anything bug free. This very issue could have worked perfectly fine in dev and then just doesn't work in live.

I've literally tested software features in dev and uat environments. Everything worked as expected. Then we push it live and it breaks. Or, it has a cascading effect that literally no one testing could have guessed would happen and someone in the live environment stumbles across the very specific steps that cause the bug.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such achievement completion is probably done by automation or by commands in bulk, surely no one actually going Cyro for it and test in actual environment. I know for sure they have a team for testing group content and associated achievements it seem included, but most other things aren't "played" I can imagine, but done via commands for example adding kill counts or what's not.

Might get used that previously players were invested in PTS and did a lot of their work rolling all kinds of content there, which isn't the case now after multiple exoduses of dedicated playerbase.

Agreed, a lot of the players quit testing stuff when it became apparent that ZOS doesn't listen to a lot of feedback or fix bugs that are reported on the PTS.
    jaws343 wrote: »
    There always seems to be this huge misunderstanding that the dev enviroments are event remotely the same as the live ones. In pretty much any software dev system, you could QA a specific item to death in the dev environment and then push it to live and that same thing just breaks in the live environment due to the nature of the two environments.

Live environments contain a whole factor of variables that make it different from the test environment. Including player load. No amount of QA work in the dev environment could make anything bug free. This very issue could have worked perfectly fine in dev and then just doesn't work in live.

I've literally tested software features in dev and uat environments. Everything worked as expected. Then we push it live and it breaks. Or, it has a cascading effect that literally no one testing could have guessed would happen and someone in the live environment stumbles across the very specific steps that cause the bug.

So you're saying that a dev couldn't console command the same line that awards a player a Conquest Mission, and then check the achievement to see if if it was now 1/30 instead of 0/30?

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, a lot of the players quit testing stuff when it became apparent that ZOS doesn't listen to a lot of feedback or fix bugs that are reported on the PTS.

So you're saying that a dev couldn't console command the same line that awards a player a Conquest Mission, and then check the achievement to see if if it was now 1/30 instead of 0/30?

Not sure where you got that.

I'm saying, even if a dev did that, it may have functioned as expected in PTS but broke in the live environment.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure where you got that.

I'm saying, even if a dev did that, it may have functioned as expected in PTS but broke in the live environment.

I see. I thought the coding would be the same for live, PTS, and internal testing servers. But then again, I'm not a coder, as you are.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fix this bug with last maint or not?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »
    They fix this bug with last maint or not?

It now counts your Conquest Mission progress.