Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Broken companion rapport since patch 8.3.5

qwaurck
qwaurck
✭✭
When you hand in the 5th mage/fighters or undaunted quest it does add companion rapport.

Example.
Pickup quests do them..
Hand in fighters guild daily quest with Mirri active gain +125 rapport.
Hand in mages guild daily quest with Bastian active gain +125 rapport.
Hand in undaunted guild daily quest with Isobel active gain +125 rapport.
Get 3x the same quest picked up/shared again.
Hand in fightes guild daily quest with Mirri active get +125 rapport.
Hand in undaunted/mages/ fighters daiily quest with correct companion active no rapport gained.
Hand in leftover quest with correct companion active gain +125 rapport.
  • qwaurck
    qwaurck
    ✭✭
    And i mean it does not add companion rapport...
    When you hand in the 5th mage/fighters or undaunted quest it does NOT add companion rapport.
  • qwaurck
    qwaurck
    ✭✭
    Tested this on one of my other toons.
    2nd time handing in undaunted delve quest with Isobel active does not give +125 Isobel rapport.
    2nd time handing in mages daily qyest doest not give me +125 Bastian rapport.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im pretty sure they changed this a long while ago to only give rapport once per day per daily

back when blackwood released, you could do say like 6 mages guild dailies at once for bastion and it really helped

it was definitely changed at some point between the deadlands dlc and high isle that it was changed to gain only once a day
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • qwaurck
    qwaurck
    ✭✭
    im pretty sure they changed this a long while ago to only give rapport once per day per daily

back when blackwood released, you could do say like 6 mages guild dailies at once for bastion and it really helped

it was definitely changed at some point between the deadlands dlc and high isle that it was changed to gain only once a day
    I was doing 2 or 3 daily fighters/mages/undaunted quests on one of my toons a day and the rapport gains where working fine then, so I would get for 3 quests +375 rapport per day per companion.
    Since last monday when patch 8.3.5 went live this issue has arrived.
    Also this issue does not exist when doing the high isle world boss and delve quests.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How did that work ? When I was leveling Bastian, the year before last I think, I could never do more than 1 mages guild daily per day.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • qwaurck
    qwaurck
    ✭✭
    Also found out that Bastian sometimes does not get rapport when you kill
    vsrs_au wrote: »

How did that work ? When I was leveling Bastian, the year before last I think, I could never do more than 1 mages guild daily per day.

Daily quests are shareable. So you can ask a friend to pick them up for you and share them with you. Sometimes you get unlucky tho and they get the same quests.
    The undaunted, fighters and mages quests are in rotational pool of 3 places per day.
  • qwaurck
    qwaurck
    ✭✭
    Handed in quests for the 3rd time today.
    Mages Bastian +125 rapport.
    Undaunted Isobel, no rapport.
    Figjters, Mirri +125 rapport.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you're not already maxed? You stop seeing any gains at their max rapport until you do something to drop it negatively.
  • qwaurck
    qwaurck
    ✭✭
    Ofc i am not maxed out
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bastian and Mirri still get +125 multiple times per day from repeating their guild dailies (Mages and Fighters Guild, respectively).

Isobel and Ember do not get it more than once per day.

They never updated the original companions.
  • qwaurck
    qwaurck
    ✭✭
    I am sure that Isobel did get for the 2nd and 3rd undaunted daily quest hand in +125 rapport before patch 8.3.5.
    And doing the high isle daily would give another +125 rapport. So total 500 rapport per day. I leveled Isobel to max rapport in 5 days on 2 of my alts.
    Bastian took a bit longer as he has only has 1 quest what gives +125 rapport and Mirri aswell as you need to unlock the relic's daily quest (that quest has a 20h cooldown tho).

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    qwaurck wrote: »
    I am sure that Isobel did get for the 2nd and 3rd undaunted daily quest hand in +125 rapport before patch 8.3.5.
    And doing the high isle daily would give another +125 rapport. So total 500 rapport per day. I leveled Isobel to max rapport in 5 days on 2 of my alts.
    Bastian took a bit longer as he has only has 1 quest what gives +125 rapport and Mirri aswell as you need to unlock the relic's daily quest (that quest has a 20h cooldown tho).

I have never been able to get Isobel to get more than one instance of the 125 rapport for the Undaunted dailies or the High Isle dailies per day. (That is, she gets 125 for each of them once per day, resulting in 250 total from those per day.) I know I have handed in extra dailies with her in the same day and not gotten that rapport, going back to High Isle’s release. My friends and guildmates have also often remarked on the difference between Isobel and Ember’s cooldowns and the fact you can still spam Mages Guild dailies for Bastian.

It’s possible it got bugged at some point so Isobel did get multiple rapport gains per day and then that was fixed. Otherwise I’m not sure why it would have changed.

ETA: you can also see here that on PTS and on live, their big rapport gains were time gated from the beginning, but they reset on a universal timer (so you can get multiple within 20-24 hours if you do them on either side of reset).

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/603253/isobel-ember-rapport-report-pts-updated-for-live/p1
    Edited by virtus753 on 22 March 2023 15:39
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    ETA: you can also see here that on PTS and on live, their big rapport gains were time gated from the beginning, but they reset on a universal timer (so you can get multiple within 20-24 hours if you do them on either side of reset).

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/603253/isobel-ember-rapport-report-pts-updated-for-live/p1

Thank you for tracking this down so I didn't have to. :D (Here's the link to the exact post where I tested this if anyone doesn't want to slog through the whole thread.)

I'm going to assume that Ember and Isobel's quest rapport resets also moved to the new "universal" reset time, but I am super not waking up at 5am or whatever it is now to test it.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • qwaurck
    qwaurck
    ✭✭
    Yeah so guessing they fixed it then as of patch 8.3.5 when they added the 4am CET global reset timer.
    I never tested it with Ember cause she is my main companion on all my toons.
    But Bastian and Mirri still have the old way, so why is it not bugged with those 2.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah so guessing they fixed it then as of patch 8.3.5 when they added the 4am CET global reset timer.
    But Bastian and Mirri still have the old way, so why is it not bugged with those 2.

I don’t think it is bugged. Bastian and Mirri get rapport gains every time. That’s the way they’ve always worked and still work.

Isobel and Ember get rapport gains once per reset. That reset time changed, but the gains are still once within each reset period. Hopefully someone can test and confirm, but that seems to be what changed with 8.3.5, just the time of reset, not the frequency of reset.
  • qwaurck
    qwaurck
    ✭✭
    As

I don’t think it is bugged. Bastian and Mirri get rapport gains every time. That’s the way they’ve always worked and still work.

Isobel and Ember get rapport gains once per reset. That reset time changed, but the gains are still once within each reset period. Hopefully someone can test and confirm, but that seems to be what changed with 8.3.5, just the time of reset, not the frequency of reset.
    As said Isobel did get more then once per reset +125 rapport from doing daily undaunted quest. I levelled Isobel to max rapport within one week on 2 of my characters via this metthod. I did this the week before patch 8.3.5 hit.
    So I started doing this on patch day and found out it did not happen anymore.

I also found out that sometimes Bastian or Mirri did not get any rapport gains on the second or third time you handed in daily fighters/mages quest. I still need to test this out fully.
    (I heared from some people that occasionally companions would not get rapport, while they should have)

So either imo fix it so that all companions are the same only get +125 rapport per daily quest or remove the reset for all companions.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As

As said Isobel did get more then once per reset +125 rapport from doing daily undaunted quest. I levelled Isobel to max rapport within one week on 2 of my characters via this metthod. I did this the week before patch 8.3.5 hit.

I also found out that sometimes Bastian or Mirri did not get any rapport gains on the second or third time you handed in daily fighters/mages quest. I still need to test this out fully.
    (I heared from some people that occasionally companions would not get rapport, while they should have)

So either imo fix it so that all companions are the same only get +125 rapport per daily quest or remove the reset for all companions.

I agree it should be consistent either way, yes. Having hidden cooldowns for some companions but not others for the same mechanic is confusing and not player friendly.

For Bastian and Mirri, I will say that on occasion they failed to get rapport with me for a Mages or Fighters Guild daily (respectively). When that happened, I checked and saw they had despawned themselves and had failed to respawn before I reached the turn in. Having companions fail to reappear after crossing water or using a wayshrine continues to be a major issue, in my experience. I'd run to the questgiver and only realize too late that they weren't with me. I got in the habit of summoning them again just before turn-in. If they appeared, then they'd clearly disappeared on me at some point. If they disappeared, then at least I could resummon them and hope that resetting them would avoid bugs.
  • qwaurck
    qwaurck
    ✭✭
    As

I agree it should be consistent either way, yes. Having hidden cooldowns for some companions but not others for the same mechanic is confusing and not player friendly.

For Bastian and Mirri, I will say that on occasion they failed to get rapport with me for a Mages or Fighters Guild daily (respectively). When that happened, I checked and saw they had despawned themselves and had failed to respawn before I reached the turn in. Having companions fail to reappear after crossing water or using a wayshrine continues to be a major issue, in my experience. I'd run to the questgiver and only realize too late that they weren't with me. I got in the habit of summoning them again just before turn-in. If they appeared, then they'd clearly disappeared on me at some point. If they disappeared, then at least I could resummon them and hope that resetting them would avoid bugs.

Ofcourse i checked if they are summoned or not, but i am not talking only about fighters or mages quests what give rapport.
    I am also talking bout the +1 +5 rapports and I am keeping the cooldowns in mind. Example killing snakes with Mirri active could be a 150 seconds cooldown, sometimes I am not getting any rapport for more then 5 minutes.

Tested it further and Ember and Isobel only get on the first hand in of Mages/Undaunted rapport gains.
    So it was broken in the weeks before patcy 8.3.5 and got fixed without info in the patch notes. Good work ZoS....
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still kind of a problem. Did quests about a half hour apart. Picked one up before reset, did it, and turned it in after reset and got rapport. Grabbed the other (no sharing quests or anything of that sort), did the quest, turned it in, and got no rapport. The issue seems to be when you turn in the quest, rather than when you get it. They're punishing you in a way that no other daily quest does in that you can only turn one in per day, even if you pick them up "properly" before reset (no sharing).

This behavior is unexpected since no other daily quest rewards work this way. If this is behaving as I think it is, I could have turned the quest in at 5:01AM EST, and then logged back on at 8:00PM, grabbing a quest and turning it in for no reward. Some kind of check to see where the quest came from (NPC or shared by another player) to determine whether a player gets rapport upon turning in a quest would fix this kind of inconsistent behavior. Daily quests would behave as expected, and players would not be able to get rapport multiple times per day from from quest sharing.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer