Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 37 - Feedback Thread for Scrivener’s Hall

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Scrivener’s Hall. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you enjoy this new dungeon?
  • How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
  • Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
  • Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
  • What level and build was the character you used?
  • Did you happen to notice or find anything particularly interesting or different? Just curious…
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 6 February 2023 19:41
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you enjoy this new dungeon?

It was okay. Visually, the areas are awesome.
    I really liked the Spiral Skien especially at the ending location.
    The characters were relatable but the story does ram into a bit of a why am I doing this type situation from an RP perspective as my character may not really care who leads a group of cultists or which prince they serve. Combat was active enough that it was kind of tiring by the end of it but, then again I was doing it with just a companion and it might feel better in an actual group.

Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
    Normal

How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?

I would say that it was harder than most and harder than the other dungeon in the DLC.

Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
    I'd probably say the second one because I didn't really enjoy the first or the third one. The first felt a bit chaotic/visually noisy for my taste and I spent much of the third worried about falling off the edge or becoming crispy. Some of that would likely go away playing with a group or doing it more.

What level and build was the character you used?
    1596 CP Tank, Scourger + Crimson + Leeching Warden. I did it with just myself and Mirri.
    Did you happen to notice or find anything particularly interesting or different? Just curious…
    I met one/two of the sneaky thieving things. Mirri called it a Dragon. One got away/retreated as it ran to where other npcs were and I didn't kill it fast enough/interrupt it properly or something else. The other/the same one elsewhere died and I got a key and opened a chest. Either they were quite sneaky/I was a bit blind or it takes multiple runs to get all ten.

• Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only really play on Playstation but I have a PC account in order to access the PTS.

I would say this is the better designed of the two dungeons that are coming with this DLC. We attempted this dungeon on Hard Mode. We did the first boss and got the second boss down to about 35% on our best HM pull, we finished on regular veteran due to being in the dungeon for about 2 hours at that point I had to go to work.

The first boss in this dungeon is probably my favourite boss from this DLC. We burned the book (notes?) which from the achievement we got seemed to be an additional hardmode to the hardmode? We didn’t go in again to test if there were differing mechanics between burning the notes and not burning the notes on Hard Mode. The symbol mechanic on the first boss was reminiscent of the Archivist in Moon Hunter Keep, but was refreshing in how the mechanic was in execution. Sharing the bombs damage by standing in them was a nice difference to the usual, as it incentivised every group member to engage with the mechanic instead of just the tank (such as that pie slide mech in Dread Cellar.)

The second boss is my only small criticism from this dungeon so far, as we have not attempted the last boss on hard mode at this stage. It feels to be balanced slightly better than the Week 1 PTS of Ascending Tide, but we still struggled with the mechanics of this boss. This may be due to not figuring out the best strategy, but the damage, at least to the tank, is very high, and the amount of add spawns seems a bit excessive. We also encountered a bug where we got to the edge of the arena during the pull mechanic, the adds were still able to damage us, so our 2 dps ended up dying to this mechanic because the tank lost taunt during this phase and the adds were still able to damage us - I watched Code's stream and from what I could see, this didn't occur.

The last boss we cleared fairly easily but we didn't know the mechanics. The bubble, for example, during the poison/heal check phase didn't seem to make a difference if we were standing inside it or not, I bring this up because the mechanic was very easily telegraphed and it didn't seem to matter if we were inside the bubble. The damage seemed to be outhealed by our Stamplar's Vigor, which might be fine for ordinary Vet but the mechanic is NOT intuitive.
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings.

Cleared both Hard Modes with @code65536 @skinnycheeks and @ninibini - I suspect Code will do a more detailed post with our collective thoughts soon, but I wanted to jump in here with a Solo Normal perspective that I just ran.

Before I get into it, some general points:
    • Visually, amazing job. Really leaning into the Oblivion planes was a great choice IMO and it was nice to revisit the Deadlands and an expanded Spiral Skein area.
    • I think there was some custom music made for this dungeon which I really enjoyed.
    • The Vault at the start is a cool concept, and I'm still yet to find the map tool which I suspect unlocks another boss? Will get back to you on that.

Boss 1 - Riftmaster Naqri

Let it not be said that I didn't enjoy this fight on Vet HM with my group - the book mechanics are really interesting and a cool, unique take on a HM encounter.

The thing that jumps out at me the most on this fight is that Normal and Vet HM + Book are virtually identical, except for one less bomb on Normal. This seemed like a little much - I think on Normal culling one of the book mechanics, and making it so you only have to fetch one book, would be a little more balanced. The red shade can snipe you from the other side of the room if you're not ready for it, and while there isn't a strong room-wide DoT in Normal, I still think it's going to overwhelm the majority of groups.

Boss 2 - Ozezan the Inferno

Similar to when I solo'd Archdruid Devyric, I did have to spec defensively to deal with this boss on Normal - even more so than Devyric. While I appreciate the lack of a heal absorb, coagulants and an execute Iron Atronach in Normal, dealing with the sheer volume of those little green inferniums is difficult. This applies to Vet HM as well, and usually ends up in one of two situations:
    1. You take it slowly, step on all the inferniums to prevent the Broodlings from spawning, and lose all of your floor space to lava (read: becomes a damage race)
    2. You opt for the burn strategy, ignoring all of the inferniums, and overwhelming the tank with 5-6 Broodlings, as well as the three coagulants, on top of the hard-hitting breath attack
    Even with the ally cleaning the lava, and only two Broodlings (usually) in Normal, it was still a delicate balancing act trying to survive. I think there could be a little more forgiveness here with the sheer volume of adds to try and quell some of this chaos.

Boss 3 - Valinna

This boss encounter looks amazing, with lots of eye candy, but ultimately falls short of the predicted trend in difficulty - it really feels like the first two are overtuned compared to this one. The fire circles were relatively easy to deal with compared to the AoE management on the two previous bosses, and the final phase just felt sort of underwhelming - not many mechanics to begin with and simply losing the rolling balls on Normal. Not to say I want this boss buffed to Oblivion, but I think the relative difficulty curve for all three bosses could be evened out a bit, instead of a sharp peak followed by a quick decline.

For relative context (after seeing the entirety of the dungeon on Vet HM):
    • Naqri took me about 7 wipes
    • Ozezan took me about 10 wipes
    • Valinna I completed first try

Will update my thoughts once we do some more testing.
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We cleared both dungeons on Monday on vet HM. Haven't had time to really process them; these are just some initial thoughts.

Boss 1 HM:

I think it's a fun, clever fight and is easily the best boss fight of this DLC.

This boss has a pretty steep learning curve to figure out what exactly is going on, but once we figured that out, the execution of those mechanics was straightforward and not too difficult. Contrast that with Shipwright's first boss, where figuring out what needed to be done wasn't too challenging, but executing those mechanics was quite difficult.

The death recap hints are definitely very useful here, as things are not immediately obvious without those hints to point us at the right direction.

Finally, there's an achievement for completing this boss's HM after burning one of the boss's books. I assume, from the fact that this achievement exists, that this is some sort of extra HM toggle? If so, I'm not sure what's different about the fight if you burn the book, since there does not appear to be a way to undo this burning (the book doesn't respawn after a wipe).

Boss 2 HM:

Oh boy. This fight is definitely the hardest of this dungeon. The mechanics are simple enough, but there is just so much incoming damage and it's easy to get overwhelmed.

I assume that the intended approach is to stomp all the larva so that they don't grow up. We figured that out pretty quickly, but the problem is that with the boss teleports happening on what appears to be a timer, stomping the larvae meant that we lost so much damage on the boss that we were getting lots of teleports, and that in and of itself is problematic.

So, we had a choice: stomp the larvae and reduce the number of adds, but it's a slow fight with many more teleports (and accompanying areas of denial), or we could ignore the larvae and just manage the adds that spawn.

We tried both, and we found the latter to be easier. When we cleared the boss, it was a deathless pull using the ignore-the-larvae approach.

So, if you really want us to go larvae-stomping, there needs to be fewer downsides to taking that approach because right now the "intended" approach is actually harder.

Boss 3 HM:

@ZOS_Finn hyped this boss a bit with his commentary on ESO Live, which is why we tried this dungeon first. And, well, I'm sorry to say that it didn't live up to the hype. :p

It's visually cool, yes, but the mechanics are pretty simple to both figure out and execute. With good management of AoE placement to reduce the amount of areas of denial, this fight felt pretty straightforward, and we spent less time clearing this boss than any of the other five bosses in this DLC.

Secrets:

I think it's a nice change from the old formula. But I hate that the Rift treasure map is just an RNG drop chance from the chests. Nobody on our run got the map (8 keys between the four of us), and I only found out about the existence of the map because I used my addon to mine the item table. I know people who's killed the final BDV secret boss on HM a dozen times and still haven't gotten the tool while others get it on their first try. This sort of thing is really frustrating.

General:

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: if you're going to lock each hard mode behind the previous hard mode, then there needs to be a clearer progression of difficulty. Instead, in both dungeons, the final boss was the easiest, and the second boss was the hardest.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it was really good. One of the best you have made.
    The vistas are great but the fights are on the easy side.

How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?

Boss 1 HM:
    The mechanics were awesome, fun, and challenging fight.

Please do not make the fight have a tutorial for playing the game, there are lots of fights throughout the game where an AoE forms under your feet, and then you need to dodge. There is no need to add a tutorial for that, or any attack, at this stage.
    Having the text "W A S D prepare to dodge" come up was more distracting than helpful.

If you want to add a combat tutorial, add a combat tutorial, it would be great. But don't do it in the middle of a dungeon.

Buring the book adds a lot to the difficulty by giving the boss a big damage buff, which is great. I love that there is an 'extra hm' toggle. Just for those that want to push themselves.

Boss 2 HM:
    The fight is a good challenge until we realized it was just easier to ignore the mechanics and burn the adds before they have the ability to teleport and start channeling. Then it became really easy. Please don't make the fight really easy if you just burn everything and a challenge if you don't.

Boss 3 HM:
    The easiest boss by far. It is a really interesting and visually appealing fight, but god, it's too easy on vet HM. Failing the meteor mechanic doesn't even wipe you. The avoidable mechanics should deal significantly more damage and the meteor should have more health and wipe you if you fail it.

Vet HM

Boss 1, having the extra HM of burning the book was great. The outburst was interesting.

Template 3600, DK Tank, Templar Healer, Templar DD, DK DD

Did you happen to notice or find anything particularly interesting or different? Just curious…
    Yes, the vault and tool are brilliant! Really interesting secret content. Love it!
    Excited to figure out how to get to the secret inside the vault!

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Boss 3 is visually great but needs to be harder than the other two bosses.
    Boss 2 encourages you to nuke and ignore the fight mechanics
    Boss 1 shouldn't be where you teach players to play the game, can I suggest you use the overland fights to do that?

@CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    Having the text "W A S D prepare to dodge" come up was more distracting than helpful.
    I never saw anything like that.

I think that's just the generic combat tips that are shown the first time a new character encounters something. You are using a new character via template; I doubt you'll see this on Live (or PTS EU copies) with a character that has seen combat before.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

I think that's just the generic combat tips that are shown the first time a new character encounters something. You are using a new character via template; I doubt you'll see this on Live (or PTS EU copies) with a character that has seen combat before.

That's fair, however, I do believe they are new. As the text had an unknown image icon before it. I don't believe I have seen the wording "W A S D Prepare to dodge" before.

We also did Bal Sunnar before this dungeon and never had these mechanic indicators appear.

I think the mechanics that caused it are only applying to people without aggro. Did no one in your group see it?
    Edited by CyberOnEso on 3 February 2023 10:11
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • frozzzen101
    frozzzen101
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did see those as tank too, so don't think it has something to do with roles. It was weird.
  • frozzzen101
    frozzzen101
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was very cool first time experience, but I have feeling that so much was wasted on creating the environment that you could have done two dungeons instead of one :D

Trash:
    Once again, it's absolute disappointment. We tried to do second clear to get some vault keys and were testing around how hard trash hits what happens etc. It's all copy pasted from other content. Iron atros have heavy that does healing absorb and enrages while dodging, and then follows it with ground tremors - total copy paste of first boss in ERE. But that's not the worst part. These mechanics are just there visually. They don't do... well anything. At some point I was purposefully taking heavy attacks from every mob to see what they do. Apparently unblocked heavies do 4-9k damage or close. It was so bad that I just stopped taunting to see if they can kill dd. And apprently they can if dd doesn't block. One of our dds took on heavy which did 31k damage to him. If we had warden in group with aoe resolve and minor toughness, and say, minor protection from pulsar, it wouldn't even kill a dd as unblocked attack.
    Seriously, are we back in Banished Cells or something? We had example of trash that you needed to respect, like Stone Watchers/Aurorans in Malatar, every elite add in Bloodroot Forge, Falkreath, Mazaztun etc. Those are eaten by years of powercreep now, but this is dead on arival.

Boss 1 HM:
    Very nice overall. It does seem like those aoes from cyclone don't increase in daamge depending on how much you stand in stupid, which is meh. Would prefer approach taken in Coral Aerie where you can't do that and have to interact with that mechanic, or have boss soft enrage/immune when standing in Cyclone center to engage tanks.

Boss 2 HM:
    Will echo that burn strat is really strong here. For comparison we tried stomping bugs and in 3:30 we managed to take boss down to ~55% with entire arena being filled with lava, where burn and ignore larvae we killed boss in 3:00 with only one teleport (I think).

Boss 3 HM:
    Huge disappointment. Phases are extremely straightforward and there's so little happening plus so much time to recover that anything loses meaning. Fire cone is good with aoes on ground eating away at your stamina and deny area, but everything else is bleh. We were stacking fire aoes together all the time and I tried stepping into those to see if they hurt. To my shock I was able to stand in 4 of them stacked for some time. It does seem like there's ramp up in damage but it's so slow it can borderline be ignored. And that wasn't one aoe, it was four of them. Copy coding of Mouldering Taint from bahsei HM fight for this mechanic. Aside from that there was confusion about splitting mechanic and stacking fire aoes because indicators seemed similar. This might come due to lack of experience with this content however. And seriously, we wanted to wipe to check some stuff on last boss so we left meteor in execute to blow up. Increase its hp, and make it actually kill everyone. This didn't even do any damage it seemed like.

For both dungeons final bosses in HM need a serious makeover. They are both so trivial where in majority of new dungeons when they dropped live, final bosses were spectacles, and you needed mini prog to take them down. They were something to look forward to. I see lots of talk about accessability, but we have normal and veteran for that. Leave those HMs to be proper fights. If dungeon population is so bad that they need trash from non DLC dungeons, then give us option to spice that up as well. These will be only dungeons we'll be getting this year and from what it looks like, they are too easy :(
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

I did it solo on a PTS NA Copied character after I did the other dungeon and I got those popups.

Personally I didn't mind it because I tend to have troubles telling what is actually going to hurt vs tickle in dungeons. Amusingly, my two deaths in the new dungeons were both on the last boss of Scriveners because I failed to notice that I was supposed to leave the room when it lit on fire which is kind of embarrassing as I'd lit the webs on fire repeatedly to get through blocked webbed areas on the way to that point.. I incorrectly assumed it was like Cradle of Shadows and I was failing to see the circle I should stay in.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did. It was pretty, and I'd run it for a pledge or if guild members needed gear from here. Pretty is maybe too simple a statement. Parts of it reminded me of the best efforts put out by housing enthusiasts. In multiple places, I stopped and looked around just to enjoy the decor.

I died a few times here, so it must be harder than some. That said, the deaths were to mechanics that would be easily avoided if I'd read the guide that someone will create in the next few weeks. On a second run, I doubt this would present much challenge. If time permits, I'll go back and try it solo on vet.

Normal, solo.

None of them really grabbed me. It's not that they are bad, I'm just not a fan of mechanics that kill you if you don't know them and aren't particularly difficult once you do. Of the three, I think I would like the last boss best, but her cone breath attack really needs to hit harder. In addition, some cue about running far far away from (rather than trying to evade or block) the instakill mechanic would be nice. Initially, I just thought I'd failed a DPS check.

I used my main account and my existing solo dungeon gear: CP 1700, Khajiit Nightblade with vamp stage 3 wearing 2 pc Lord Warden, 5 piece leeching with tri-stat glyphs, perfected maelstrom shock staff, oakensoul (triune), and 2 training jewelry pieces (protective) all with spell damage, well the new version of it. Bastian ran it with me and lived throughout this one, for the most part.

In short, no. In fact, I didn't even notice the puzzle that the others have mentioned. That said, I'm going to stick this stuff here anyway:

Cartoklepts
    On the one hand, it makes sense that a creature would retreat when it's getting stomped. On the other, I missed why anyone would bother chasing these down. It dropped a key that seemed tied to the fellow I met at the beginning who guarded a vault... I guess in a PUG I'd hustle back there before the dungeon times out (?) P.s. So, I did hustle back and used my little key. The reward was sufficient for the effort; however, no PUG group is going to bother chasing Cartoklepts for the payout I received. Maybe with guild members this content will be pursued? Maybe if the chests drop a lead for something cool.

Oddities:
    I found it odd that I could bloodmist teleport across one rift while chasing the Cartoklept, but not the other.

It seemed silly to watch Keshargo walk off in captivity on the right, but then we have to take the long way on the left. The watcher can open locked gates, but apparently not locked doors. Mazandi just portaled us from the second boss, but can't do it now. The scenery here was breathtaking, though, so I suppose I didn't mind. I loved the huge red crystals, the deep ravine with water and the distant structures looming out of the thick atmosphere.

The luminous plants in the areas after you burn the webbing were beautiful. Really nice job with these areas! But I go down them expecting a boss and find another cartoklept. So... why would I go back there again, except to see the decor. Solo, ofc, I'll burn the webs just because the animation is cool, but I can't see why I'd chase down another Cartoklept.

Other:
    It seemed some of the new mobs were using Arcanist skills. If so, while they looked fun and flashy, I'd certainly want to be able to turn them down. They remind me a bit of when Guild Wars 2 added the Revenant, and in every group the Revenant skill line overwhelmed the visuals of the existing classes. There also seemed to be a skill that laid down a rectangular damage indicator that would generally indicate a charge that should be blocked, but then did not result in a charge.

Do you have any other general feedback?

Boss 1 - Riftmaster Naqri

Interesting fight, I had to die and read the death tool tip to see what I was supposed to do. The first time I just figured I'd fight through it and see what happens. The death re-cap showed that I'd absorbed 1.25 million damage before the three books got me. I had more details here, but to avoid spoilers, this is the type of mechanic I hate. You read the guide and know what to do making it a non-event, or you don't know in advance and die. At a guess, most PUG groups will ignore the mechanic and just try to burn the boss and heal through the codices. This seems very possible on normal. On vet, this will be a challenge with multi-lingual PUG groups. I'd suggest that the unnecessary, big, splashy "get ready to dodge / block" prompts be replaced with a better prompt to look for and use multiple books. For reference, this one killed me three times. Once I knew the mechanic it was trivial.

Boss 2 - Ozezan the Inferno

This reminded me of Maw in BC2: position the boss so the room doesn't fill with lava, tank and spank. I did use the larvae here and there for the stamina regen bonus as the breath cone attack burned through my pool quickly while blocking. No deaths here.

Boss 3 - Valinna

I died twice to the fire mechanic. Once I retreated ahead of it before I realized, too late, that it would fill the room. The second time I left the room in the direction we're herded, but didn't realize we were supposed to run to another place. Instead, I waited at the door intending to go back in - dead. A third death was likely a bug. I rezzed but couldn't engage the boss. After exiting back through the entrance, I got the "joining encounter in progress" warp and then could fight. But, I seemed to be really squishy and died to a couple of spider bites. As with the first boss, aside from getting the mechanic, there's nothing particularly difficult about this fight. In particular, Valinna's conal breath attack seemed to do negligible damage. I stopped even blocking and just stood in it with no real impact.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We cleared Scrivener's Hall HM on Tuesday, to test the changes that had been made since the first week of PTS.

Boss 1 HM:

Nothing to say here. Seems fine.

Boss 2 HM:

Nothing new to say here. It's still easier to do without squishing bugs than it is with.

Trash Pulls:

I get that you're trying to teach us to use the ice traps in the trash pulls before the final boss. But we never got to use it. Most of the time, it spawns late: by the time the trap appears, the pull is almost done. Next, the trap locations appear to be random and are often not useful, appearing too far away from the pull or appearing in a location that's impractical to use.

Here's an example:
    vlcsnap-2023-02-23-09h47m20s892.png

The trap appeared when the pull was almost done. It appeared way off to the side, so if I were to use it, I'd have to drag the enemies out of ground AoEs. And finally, it's right against the edge. On the boss fight, I'd stand on the other side of the trap so that the boss walk through the trap to get to me. But I can't really do that here.

Of all the teach-boss-mechanics-on-trash-pulls that I've seen in all of your dungeons, the ice trap is easily the worst.

Boss 3 HM:

Phase 1: This phase feels like such a slog now due to the higher health. Nothing interesting happens in this phase; it's just a long grind and results in poor pacing. My suggestion would be to reduce the spider's health and then have it heal up a bit for the second phase: that would shorten the first phase without shortening the second phase.

Phase 2: Immolation Traps can be triggered by a cocooned player. This feels like it shouldn't be a thing. If a player is cocooned and being dragged along the ground, if they are dragged past the boundaries of an Immolation Trap, it will set off the trap. I think cocooned players should be immune to triggering the trap.

Phase 3: This phase is pretty wild and crazy now. The non-stop bowling balls, the area of denials that players drop, meteors, cones on tank, Immolation Traps, etc. It definitely feels like a final boss fight. The entire phase is now a DPS race, and it definitely took a bit of getting used to everything that's going on.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few little pieces of feedback for the final boss.

Normally, during the transition between the "rooms", players have a couple of seconds after Lamikhai is pushed to 50% or dies before the exit opens for the first and second transitions respectively. This allows players some time to start moving towards the exit before it opens.

However, if the Fire Rain or Immolation Trap mechanics are present, it seems that the opening of the exit is delayed until those mechanics complete.

But what this means is that players no longer have those couple of seconds to start moving to the exit before it opens. This is a little problematic for the Immolation Trap on the second phase; if a player is standing near the entrance with the trap when Lamikhai dies, they have the entire length of the room to cover when the trap ends and the exit opens, since the trap prevents them from starting to move earlier.

If there was a trap mechanic, then waiting an extra second or so to open the exit webbing and start the flood-room-with-fire mechanic would make the timing of the transitions more consistent.

---

Second, I just want to elaborate on my week 4 feedback about cocoons setting off Immolation Trap, this time with a video clip. Here's a clip of this happening. You can see the freshly-cocooned player crossing the boundary of their own trap and setting it off. Their cocoon protects them from this damage, but the Immolation Trap explosion has a 15m radius and nuked half the group.

---

Finally, on the topic of Immolation Traps, the explosion from setting off the trap appears to be 15m wide. This isn't telegraphed anywhere, which gives people confusing feedback, since the only visual available to them is the size of the trap itself. During the first week of PTS, there were multiple instances where a trap would go off and someone who was clearly out of the trap died, which was very confusing. Of course, now that I know that the explosion's radius is much larger than the visuals of the trap itself, it all makes sense, but this information isn't readily available to players. Flashing a big 15m circle when a trap explodes would go a long ways to clarifying to players what's going on.
    Edited by code65536 on 2 March 2023 23:06

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • frozzzen101
    frozzzen101
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like how last boss execute phase was changed. Feels really good. However there was bug, because I can't see it as intended way to finish the fight. During Valinna fight I somehow managed to range tank the boss. I would stay far from her and she would just LA me from afar and skip mechanics completely. During second phase it skipped spawning webspinners and her cone HA and during execute it skipped cone HA completely. It doesn't seem like there is penality for range tanking at all and it feels really bad.

Second bug, from time to time boss would just cancel her cone HA for some reason. Mostly during second phase. I can't confirm it but it looked to me like it happened while she was preparing to do her cone and I changed elevation on the slopes of entrance to the second phase arena.

Also can contirm Code's entire post above, we faced every issue he described. From not having enough time to move to next arena (especially from bracing anchor tank - had to run 3 x swift jewelery + major expedition source to make it out) to cocooned player getting pulled and wiping the group.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know where its appropriate to put some generic appreciation, but both the new dungeons were fantastic. The story was very well-written in both, and they were both really fun to explore. Dungeon releases have been big events for my partner and I- we always set aside time to explore them. Thanks so much, and absolutely fantastic job, honestly.