Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

U37/PC - Break Free Animation is horrendously bugged in PVP (with video explanation)

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

U37 PC/NA.

Since the update dropped, the majority of the time when you break free from a player stun your animations bug out. Often times the break free animation does not play, and then the following 1-2 ability animations fail to appear. This occurs on both mouse and keyboard and controller, and in all PVP environments (not just in cyrodiil).

This causes a significant desync between what is happening on your screen, and what is actually occurring in game. It is quite confusing to not be able to tell that your abilities are going off.

Here is a video demonstrating and explaining the bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N40J8NT7kDM

Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 20 April 2023 20:40
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this. Hope this is fixed quickly.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear; this is a separate bug from the one I posted yesterday regarding break free issues on controller.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this has been most helpful.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended, they don't care about PVP also if I used DB from that range I would have hit the air

I bet this is why I don't see skills go off half the time
    Edited by Jamie_Aubrey on 16 March 2023 04:19
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a pretty serious combat bug, I am surprised this isn't being complained about more. Completely disrupts the flow of combat to not be able to tell if your abilities are firing off.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    This is a pretty serious combat bug, I am surprised this isn't being complained about more. Completely disrupts the flow of combat to not be able to tell if your abilities are firing off.

I guess people playing PvP just got used to it. Another bug in a content full od bugs, lags, desyncs etc.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a really disgusting block bug too.
    Good thing Diablo IV is right around the corner.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »

I guess people playing PvP just got used to it. Another bug in a content full od bugs, lags, desyncs etc.

Well I wouldn't say got used to it, given that it was introduced with the patch three days ago. It is nearly every single break free that your animations are becoming invisible, including things like barswap/light attacking after a break free.

@ZOS_Kevin
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Prax3des
    Prax3des
    ✭✭✭
    I've been experiencing this exact same bug post-patch too, on keyboard+mouse, in Cyrodiil, and it's supremely disorienting and aggravating.
    PCNA ★ templar apologist, "mercenarial dog"
    JUST SAY NO to faction locks
    Praxedes Amell ~ DC templar
    Arimenta Weiße ~ EP templar
    Cares-About-Map~ EP templar, AR50
    Loraumaire ~ AD templar
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have felt something is going on. I just don't think many have caught it visually. You're solo more than most. A group fight, it's much harder to see with all the effects flying around. I 5hink this could just be the tip of the iceberg with desync again
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I wouldn't say got used to it, given that it was introduced with the patch three days ago. It is nearly every single break free that your animations are becoming invisible, including things like barswap/light attacking after a break free.

@ZOS_Kevin

On console it’s been happening quite a bit, and the patch hasn’t rolled out for us.

After CC-breaking, or in-between Dizzying Swings, my character will freeze up, completely masking any animations and do all their attacks at once.

I’m assuming it’s just worse.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin

On console it’s been happening quite a bit, and the patch hasn’t rolled out for us.

After CC-breaking, or in-between Dizzying Swings, my character will freeze up, completely masking any animations and do all their attacks at once.

What you're talking about here is what we used to call a "macroslice" years ago. It still occurs intermittently on every server and is something that probably will never get fixed. I can see how what is happening in this bug report might resemble what you're referring to, but rest assured this is an entirely new bug that you will immediately notice if this isn't fixed before the patch goes live on console.

The key difference between this bug and a "macroslice" is that with the macroslice, your abilities and animations "queue" up and then fire after a brief period. The new bug is that every single time you break free, the following 1-2 animations are invisible despite the abilities fully firing off at that exact moment.
    Edited by React on 16 March 2023 15:39
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin

What you're talking about here is what we used to call a "macroslice" years ago. It still occurs intermittently on every server and is something that probably will never get fixed. I can see how what is happening in this bug report might resemble what you're referring to, but rest assured this is an entirely new bug that you will immediately notice if this isn't fixed before the patch goes live on console.

The key difference between this bug and a "macroslice" is that with the macroslice, your abilities and animations "queue" up and then fire after a brief period. The new bug is that every single time you break free, the following 1-2 animations are invisible despite the abilities fully firing off at that exact moment.

It’s been years since I heard that term, Fengrush used to say it all the time.

That’s worrisome. So one to two abilities are getting masked post-CC break in real time?

When that hits Xbox, along with the new block bug, you probably won’t see me on these forums again because I’ll be done with this game and refunding BOTH of my Necrom purchases.

g0kc83egk2un.jpeg
    lkbvt0t63rlk.jpeg

I’m not going to pay money to Beta test their game.
    Edited by The_Titan_Tim on 16 March 2023 15:57
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin

It’s been years since I heard that term, Fengrush used to say it all the time.

That’s worrisome. So one to two abilities are getting masked post-CC break in real time?

When that hits Xbox, along with the new block bug, you probably won’t see me on these forums again because I’ll be done with this game and refunding BOTH of my Necrom purchases.

g0kc83egk2un.jpeg
    lkbvt0t63rlk.jpeg

I’m not going to pay money to Beta test their game.

Honestly this isn't even the worst bug for console players that will come when the patch goes live. In my other bug report thread I reported that their gamepad-specific "bugfix" to bashing/light attacking has completely broken most core combat features if you use a controller. You cannot jump & cast simultaneously with abilities assigned to your bumpers, you cannot break free by tapping LT + RT anymore (now you must hold them, so break free is delayed on controller), interrupts are buggy, dodge cancelling is buggy, and I am sure there are more issues I have not yet pinned down.

Beta test is giving them too much credit - it is absurd that for the second patch in a row, they have monumentally broken the core combat system of the game. I don't understand how these things are acceptable and aren't hotfixed within 24-48 hours.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quality Assurance at it’s finest.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @React Thanks for noting this. We just checked in with the team, they are aware of this bug and investigating a fix. Once we have more info on this, we'll update.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like how this just goes right on top of the stun bug where you character doesn't show as stunned so you're just standing there not performing any skills or moving until you break free from your default stance animation.
    love is love
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope it doesn't take as long to fix as the block bug because this really disturbs the flow of playing. Thank you OP for bringing it to the devs' attention.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im actually surprised you got a dev response here because to me this looks like every day pvp. Pvp is like this for years. You need usually 3-5 button presses to trigger an ability in a low lag environment and animations are more often not dispalyed correctly than correctly.
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    and i want to add i dream of being able to break free this quick^^. If fighting more ppl then 1 breakfree takes some seconds...
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    sry posting another post, there is no edit button anymore. Come to EU server (we have no hardware refresh so far) to see what pvp is like here, a breakfree like this is like world record here.
    PC/EU
  • PurpleScroll
    PurpleScroll
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug actually appears in some locations in PvE, too. For example, I noticed it on the Kvatch Arena world boss, when he performs the AoE stun. One, it does not push you back any more, and two, you just stand there as normal, completely stunned. It happens every time, and it happens to everyone who gets caught in it.
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    sry posting another post, there is no edit button anymore.

When you reload the page (F5) after you posted, the edit button will be there.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any update on this?
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    not just pvp, sometimes takes 2 seconds for the character "wake up", the hold button command fails randomly and its not lag, because when you approach a npc when you got lag, the keybind display change to grey, and you got the delay after that, but what is happening is that most times it is not even happening, the input is broken. Im really pissed off by having to press a button 2-3 times for it to work, It is the worst thing that could happen in a game and I would preffer to play the u36 "functional" version than this one like that
    Edited by Aorys on 21 March 2023 23:58
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bugs still here. I've got the same bugs on controller. Literally unplayable if you're solo pvping. Break free is delayed and messed up, animations aren't going off, you cant literally use your bumpers when jumping, desyncs and for some reason after I die my character stands up or is walking. These are the bugs I've noticed.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

This bug is still present after the 3/27 PC NA incremental. Can you please provide an update as to what is going on?

This is the second patch in a row we've had extreme combat issues.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Break free bugs, fails, etc are a major cause of groups just calling it a night. You look bad or can't kill people you should be able to and figure what's the point? Last night it was like this, and we were just getting the band back together again and having fun.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in hope there will be a day when Breakfree works and CC immunity isn't a lie.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I really hope it doesn't take as long to fix as the block bug because this really disturbs the flow of playing. Thank you OP for bringing it to the devs' attention.

The block bug is still not fixed and there's a new one from the latest patch.