The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So Many New Beautiful Loading Screens! Show us your favorite?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
RgmF9PQ.png
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 13 March 2023 17:17
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    RgmF9PQ.png

That is a cool screen can’t say I have seen enough of them that I have a firm opinion yet.

P.S. Sorry this got shuffled off to this thread. Not sure how many people will see this topic now.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new loading screen featuring Khamira, but some of the others don’t look as nice as previous additions, and the framing on some isn’t great, even before the unfortunate cropping makes it much worse.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 16 March 2023 13:59
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    RgmF9PQ.png

That is a cool screen can’t say I have seen enough of them that I have a firm opinion yet.

P.S. Sorry this got shuffled off to this thread. Not sure how many people will see this topic now.

How is this community creations? This topic is discussing the new loading screens created by ZOS, right? I am confused.
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    i like the one that encourages us to ogle Lyris's breasts. perhaps npcs in the new expac will not have heads or lower extremities, save zos development money in the long run.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    RgmF9PQ.png

How is this community creations? This topic is discussing the new loading screens created by ZOS, right? I am confused.
    Yes, in the "Community Creations" thread list, this thread just looks completely out of place.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new loading screens are such a nice touch, I especially like Khamira's!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of them.

Why not?

First, the new character load screens are all glammed-up in-game renders (like Crown Store images), and maybe some people like that, but I much rather prefer the old hand-painted ones that are not just prettified screenshots. There's a certain quality to hand-crafted artwork that you just don't get with screenshots.

The next problem is that some of the images are very poorly-framed.

The image posted in the first post of this thread is in a 4:3 aspect ratio, which is why it looks fine. But take a look at the image when it's in the 16:9 aspect ratio that the vast majority of players will see:
    image.png

You're missing a good chunk of her head.

For reference, the original image as extracted from the game's data is this:
    charload_04.png

All ESO load screens are in a 16:10 aspect ratio. So when they're displayed at the 16:9 aspect ratio of most people's monitors, the top and bottom are cropped. Furthermore, there's space reserved at the top and bottom that gets covered in black (it serves as the background for the spinning logo and load screen text). So the end result is that a large chunk of the top and bottom are cut off on most people's screens, first from the cropping from 16:10 to 16:9, and then again from the back backgrounds that are added to the top and bottom.

Here's another example; the first is the raw load screen image that I extracted from the game's data, and the second is how it actually appears to players on a typical 16:9 monitor in-game.
    charload_10.png
    image.png

And the worst one:
    charload_11.png
    Untitled.png

So, no, not a fan. The old hand-painted screens had more character. And better framing.
    Edited by code65536 on 16 March 2023 20:19
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Displaced_Salad
    Displaced_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has a 16:9, the previous poster hit the nail on the head. Never a problem in the past, but now, I'm certainly not head and shoulders above the rest. Mostly since they seem to be missing from many of the loading screens :D
    I_CraftwithPntButter: 2023 is the year your supposed to be doing better , remember ? Advice for the future : com·mu·ni·ca·tion (noun)the imparting or exchanging of information or news.KlauthWarthog: Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both aspect ratio issues and quality are my concerns here. It's just bad compared to what we had previously, wish there was a away to get rid of them or at the every least make them pop up less frequently.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm echoing code65536 and the other latest replies with that I'm not a fan. I much prefer the painted loading screens over these glorified and badly cropped screenshots. Sure minus the bad cropping they aren't bad, but between them and the painted art I go with the latter every time.

This is just so much nicer to me:
    FQLWW9o.png
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!