Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weekly Arena Leaderboard don't load 90% of the time

adamsmith42
adamsmith42
✭✭✭✭
I really enjoy doing the arena and trying to improve my score, but 90% of the time when I go to see where I am in the rankings it just gives an error that no rankings can be found. I am *not* referring to the bug where my personal score isn't showing up on the leaderboard right after a run, I mean the leaderboards fail to display *entirely*. This is especially frustrating when it gets to the end of the week and I am unsure of which characters I have and have not completed the arena on for the mail rewards.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the leaderboard will show up if you change zones or characters. However, this is very annoying because while the reward mail works if you ranked regardless of whether you can see the board, what the lowest score is often impacts whether I run the arena, particularly for competitive leaderboards like Sorcerer.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get this for all trials and arenas more often than not(on PS5). The PVP and ToT leaderboards always seem to load ok though
    Soupy twist
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same for me (Xbox EU). I have all the Maelstrom weapons that I want but have no desire to grind the arena because I have no idea what score I’m looking to work towards
    Edited by Poss on 13 March 2023 14:24
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, thanks for bringing this up. Just to clarify, was this happening before today's update? Just want to be clear when reporting this issue.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, thanks for bringing this up. Just to clarify, was this happening before today's update? Just want to be clear when reporting this issue.

Hi Kevin, on PS5 it has been happening for months
    Soupy twist
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes this was happening before the update. PCNA
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BG leaderboards also basically never work, the order is mostly completely random or everyone is just shown at the same rank even tho they have a widely different amount of points.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • adamsmith42
    adamsmith42
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, this has been happening for months at least; I have filed many in game bug reports on this issue, but never with any response; while browsing forums during last night's maintenance I noticed that bug reports here seem to get more attention so I made this post in hopes that it might bring attention to this issue.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All in-game leaderboards have been borked for as long as I can remember. Like a year, minimum. Like two weeks ago I actually COULD see the other alliance's Leaderboards in Blackreach. I was worried THAT was a bug. But I can't see them anymore so... Nobody freak out.
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing in 2017 and this bug was already in the game
    PC-EU
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The BG leaderboards have been incorrect for almost 1 year. The issue started happening with High Isle's release.

Now I can't even see the leaderboards at all anymore.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 14 March 2023 11:48
    PC NA
  • KittyVonPurr
    This game is broken and has been for years now.
  • nesmewno
    nesmewno
    ✭✭
    I really enjoy doing the arena and trying to improve my score, but 90% of the time when I go to see where I am in the rankings it just gives an error that no rankings can be found. I am *not* referring to the bug where my personal score isn't showing up on the leaderboard right after a run, I mean the leaderboards fail to display *entirely*. This is especially frustrating when it gets to the end of the week and I am unsure of which characters I have and have not completed the arena on for the mail rewards.

you have received the reward for the solo arena 6.03-12.03?
    I complete arena 6 chars and my mail clear=(
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The leaderboards have been broken since around Lost Depths, I remember the Tales of Tribute leaderboard working perfectly.

When the leaderboard started showing class rankings for trials instead of team rankings, that was when the problems started happening.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing ESO for years and leaderboards have always been like this. PCNA
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCNA, I have reported this multiple times, and posted about it in the forums. Link below. Specifically regarding the trial leaderboard, and arena leaderboards, being broken. All DLC trials on 4/6 characters, scores do not update. I do think its somehow related.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/610950/characters-best-score-not-recorded#latest
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned in my previous post, another forum post was written in 2020 describing this problem as well.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • adamsmith42
    adamsmith42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if something was done, but leaderboards have loaded for me every time I've checked them this week. @ZOS_Kevin Thanks for fixing this - assuming you did :)
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for the record, they are still not fixed on any of my characters.
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with others on timing as I had no issues until vDSR hit PSNA. We completed Vet Dreadsail on day one but couldn’t find out if anyone else had yet. (Validated it from several Discords - we were the third team…)

Anyway that is when we went back to weekly trials and couldn’t get them to load much at all let alone consistently.