Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I don't like oakensoul, but it should be buffed

Zezin
Zezin
✭✭✭✭✭
And empower should be reworked as to not be this abomination of a buff, 80% increased damage is ridiculous, there's not other buff in the game that comes even close to even half of that it's absurd.

so here's what I propose, give oakensoul the stat increases it used to have when it was on PTS and keep the current buffs, that way people can return to actually using skills in this game, currently there's very little incentive to a new player to build into anything that is not a HA build, there's no more diversity.

edit: after further thinking on this I don't think this is true, Oakensoul was a problematic item from it's conception and one I never thought should have been added to the game, to be honest I'm a bit tired of discussing about it and as such won't comment further here.
Edited by Zezin on 29 March 2023 20:54
  • JJMaxx1980
    JJMaxx1980
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zezin wrote: »
    …currently there's very little incentive to a new player to build into anything that is not a HA build, there's no more diversity.

Isn’t the fact that there is now two different play styles to do endgame content the definition of increased diversity? Theres more diversity now than there has ever been, not to mention player engagement.

Edited by JJMaxx1980 on 13 March 2023 12:39
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJMaxx1980 wrote: »
    …currently there's very little incentive to a new player to build into anything that is not a HA build, there's no more diversity.

Isn’t the fact that there is now two different play styles to do endgame content the definition of increased diversity? Theres more diversity now than there has ever been, not to mention player engagement.

when everything you do underperforms compared to HA builds then no that's not diversity, it's the one option for 90% of the player base currently, either buff skills to be in a comparable state or nerf Empower.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And empower should be reworked as to not be this abomination of a buff, 80% increased damage is ridiculous, there's not other buff in the game that comes even close to even half of that it's absurd.

so here's what I propose, give oakensoul the stat increases it used to have when it was on PTS and keep the current buffs, that way people can return to actually using skills in this game, currently there's very little incentive to a new player to build into anything that is not a HA build, there's no more diversity.

You focus on the 80% empower buff of Oakensoul

Could you please list up and explain why the other possibilities to keep up empower in 2 bar builds are not worthwhile compared to Oakensoul ?
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »

You focus on the 80% empower buff of Oakensoul

Could you please list up and explain why the other possibilities to keep up empower in 2 bar builds are not worthwhile compared to Oakensoul ?

Empower is exclusively a HA buff currently, there's no benefit in it to anything regardless of how many bars you use, you can for example use a DK for a HA build without oaknesoul, still use a single bar and still get the same numbers. Oakensoul is mostly fine IMO, the problem is only in Empower.
  • Red_chimera_oni
    Red_chimera_oni
    ✭✭✭

Link your videos where Oaksensoul are better then this guys: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/629106/train-more-harder-and-better-2bars-world-records

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 13 March 2023 14:20
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People who do 1-bar will do 1-bar. I saw a thread a few days ago of someone building a 1-bar non-ha. There doesn’t need to be incentive for it.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Yulan_ wrote: »

Link your videos where Oaksensoul are better then this guys: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/629106/train-more-harder-and-better-2bars-world-records

[sniip]

sorry friend I'm just not an "world record" level player.

[edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 13 March 2023 14:20
  • Red_chimera_oni
    Red_chimera_oni
    ✭✭✭
    _Yulan_ wrote: »

Or wait... Link any video with your crazy oakensoul damage WordRecord

sorry friend I'm just not an "world record" level player.

you can train to be one. You can be one!!
    all nubs like me who use oakensoul will never be so good as they, Then why you ask to nerf something with lower DPS then 2bars? If DPS is some insue for you... well... 2bars have more dps.
    Edited by Red_chimera_oni on 13 March 2023 13:14
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does the new Empower affect PvP?

No?

Then why is it such a big deal now? Players can kill those pesky NPC mobs easier than they could before and that's a bad thing?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No?

Then why is it such a big deal now? Players can kill those pesky NPC mobs easier than they could before and that's a bad thing?

As far as I know, nothing has changed with heavy attack builds since the last Oakensoul update nearly 8 months ago. The only thing that has changed is more people are using them. The damage is the same as it was after the ring was nerfed.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is a new player supposed to have Oakensoul? I'm far from new (even though I began playing several years after release), but that ring took me several months to get. I really wonder where this focus on new players comes from. I think the mythic is a good thing for (biologically) older players like myself.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joergino wrote: »
    How is a new player supposed to have Oakensoul? I'm far from new (even though I began playing several years after release), but that ring took me several months to get. I really wonder where this focus on new players comes from. I think the mythic is a good thing for (biologically) older players like myself.

I got it in under 2 hours... not sure how it took you that long unless you play very very little every day. Also as I said, I want the ring to be buffed not nerfed, my beef is with empower alone.
    Edited by Zezin on 13 March 2023 13:52
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread doesn't say enough on why it should be buffed.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oakensoul is not that annoying (any more). You need one char at Scrying 10.

For me, when I decided I still want it after the nerf.
    • Volcanic Cache from Volcanic Vents in High Isle and Galen, just happened.
    • Any enemy in Malabar Tor zone, just happened.
    • Ore Nodes in Glenumbra, just happened.
    • Safeboxes & Thieves Troves in Murkmire zone (was bad when it only Safeboxes), I think I got that from 2nd Trove.
    • Titanclaw boss, Stormhaven got it with my 1st try. But there was someone else not so lucky farming it and they apparantly had been in it for some time.
    For me feels the best time to farm a specific lead is first time in morning when I have not dropped any leads yet. Not verified by any statistics.

Edited by rpa on 13 March 2023 14:13
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I simply don't care about oakensoul. I don't. It's not a mythic I'm particularly interested in as a support main, and when I do toodle along into content as a dd, it's not the must-have BIS mythic. No one cares that I DON'T have it, jn other words. People might suggest it for people struggling with survival, or for specific content, but it's not actually the highest damage option.

So, yeah, empower can stay on the ring and the ring can stay as is for all I care.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So wait. With this change, you would make Oakensoul OP in PvP and most builds, and also nerf heavy attack builds which are already doing 30% less damage overall than LA builds and are extremely popular.

I’m going to vote no.
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oakensoul is mostly fine IMO, the problem is only in Empower.

When it was last nerfed, the calls were "Oakensoul is mostly fine, the only problem is major heroism". Then that (rightly) got changed. Maybe you are right with empower, although I disagree.

My concern is that when/if empower gets nerfed, the anti-Oakensoul brigade will pick the next buff to target and so on until Oakensoul goes the way of many other sets that are nerfed to the point of uselessness.
    PC - NA
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    This thread doesn't say enough on why it should be buffed.

My main uses a non HA Oakensoul build. A melee orientated NB. Doing normal DLC dungeons with companions. I'm happy I just got an almost permanent ~10% damage boost, switching from flurry to wrecking blow. But I do wonder if it was really all that necessary, let alone putting more power on the Oakensoul.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deejayvee wrote: »

When it was last nerfed, the calls were "Oakensoul is mostly fine, the only problem is major heroism". Then that (rightly) got changed. Maybe you are right with empower, although I disagree.

My concern is that when/if empower gets nerfed, the anti-Oakensoul brigade will pick the next buff to target and so on until Oakensoul goes the way of many other sets that are nerfed to the point of uselessness.

not really? I mean empower is the only buff in the game exclusive to HAs, also I did ask for a stat increase buff for the mythic, something along the lines of 200 weapon damage for example to make up for the lost glyph on the back bar.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You give up a lot for Oaksoul without empower I'm not sure it's worth it. I think it's fine as is.
    PS5/NA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave it alone before mythics are ruined!!!
    Stop concerning yourself about others and play your own game.

Hope you do realise it's not yours, nor my game. It's an MMO, where nothing exists in a vacuum. Because of that game is ever changing, nothing gets ignored especially if it enables "power" out of thin air.

It is claimed to be accessibility option so it won't get the same exact treatment as other parts of the games most probably, but it's "higher end" (group vet+) use would certainly be looked at every single patch by devs like every single item set before it. Have nothing to do with forums or posts from "haters".
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see what you did there... You made it sound like you're calling for it to be buffed but this is just another "nerf HA builds" thread.

Here's the thing... HA builds don't do as much damage as 2 bar, light weaving builds. They help people who otherwise wouldn't have gotten into PVE content jump in. The more people doing content the helps everyone. Sure some people will get a HA build and say "good enough" but there's others who will also say "ok how do I get better?".

You want to make the one thing lowering the bar for entry into PVE worse, for no reason other than you don't like HA builds.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the years class skills have been nerfed, sets have been nerfed, etc, etc, etc.

I think the OP point is that a heavy attack sorcerer one bar build is more OP, than a lot of things that have been nerfed prior. It does make other play styles and different roles/classes largely irrelevant.

I would suggest reverse the nerfs on templars, wardens, dear little wood elves, some armour sets, etc so they are back to their better state, prior to nerfs, or nerf the one bar build above to bring it in line.

This game is turning more and more into play the way you want, but really, this is the one way to play, or else you generally suck in comparsion type thing. I have personally chosen to suck on my 18 characters because this one way to play is super damn boring and annoying too. I see a lot of ignoring mechanics, and someone else in the group can do that, because I will survive type nonsense going on. It's like solo play in a group play situation sometimes (the annoying bit).
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No?

Going by thgat logic we should allow oblivion dmg sets like knight slayer to have no dmg cap in PvE. Wouldn't affect PvP and would allow for faster kills in PvE so it's completly ok right? Sure, bosses in trials would die in few seconds after 1 heavy attack from each DD but hey they would die faster than they did before and that's all what matters right?
    Edited by axi on 22 March 2023 13:35
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deejayvee wrote: »

Comments about heroism were coming from PvP and were especially aiming at DKs who were able to almost spam corrosive armor. Two different stories.

PvE wise oakensoul from the perspective of heavy attack setups was not nerfed, it was buffed.
    Edited by axi on 22 March 2023 13:47
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Its just make everything else irrelevant as you cant really push higher than this without being at the top level = you will probably stick to it and literally never improve your skill as a result.

[Edited for Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 22 March 2023 16:41
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Hello!

Be sure when posting to keep the forums a civil and constructive platform for the game and its community as a whole.

Zos_Kraken
    Staff Post
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliran wrote: »
    [snip]

Its just make everything else irrelevant as you cant really push higher than this without being at the top level = you will probably stick to it and literally never improve your skill as a result.

[Edited for Baiting]

The thing with that is you are accusing every other player of being a bot.....
    Everyone learns, and eventually improves their skill, no matter what they use.... or everyone would still be light attacking in mismatched sets ......

I learned, you learned, everyone learns and improves..... Oakensoul is just a tool.... I have proven in multiple locations that I can make a build that has EVERY complaint against Oakensoul built in, without Oakensoul in it.......

Auldwulfe
  • Sockermannen
    Sockermannen
    ✭✭✭
    Personally i don’t mind the offensive bonuses of oakensoul, i think that the damage you can pull with it is alright. If anything… since so many people run HA builds it reduces the chance of getting a 5k DPS pug in dungeons which is a win in my book.

What i do mind is the insane amount of survivability you get out of it. It allows you to survive way more than any other DD build while allowing for a very simple rotation with lots of damage. I think it’s unreasonable that you should have that balance of damage and survivability in one build.

i don’t think the ring needs a nerf to it’s offensive capabilities but i would not exactly loose sleep if it lost it’s defensive buffs.