The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get all quest's text?

Jasus5457
Jasus5457
I want to create a mod that creates a small briefing of each quest (e.g. Town X is being attacked by Y, you need to help by killing Y), based on all the text that NPCs output (I would parse all this text with some NLP model, and the add-on would simply show the small briefing for each quest). Any pointers? Thanks!
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    we are currently creating an addon called immersive quests, we add lore friendly directions for each quest task

T496B5E.png

What kind of vision do you want to bring to ESO?

664tw7l606m7.png

Doesn't the Quest Tracker already show you what needs to be done ^^
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Jasus5457
    Jasus5457
    I would love if something like this already existed because
    WiseSky wrote: »
    we are currently creating an addon called immersive quests, we add lore friendly directions for each quest task

T496B5E.png

664tw7l606m7.png

Interesting. My goal would be to just show a briefing of the quest (not the required tasks as the game already does that), so the player would understand the context without having to read through all the dialogues and/or journal. This is because I tend to skip texts to do the quests faster, but I'd still like to know what's going on, so I think this would be a good compromise.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jasus5457 wrote: »
    I would love if something like this already existed because
    WiseSky wrote: »

T496B5E.png

664tw7l606m7.png

Interesting. My goal would be to just show a briefing of the quest (not the required tasks as the game already does that), so the player would understand the context without having to read through all the dialogues and/or journal. This is because I tend to skip texts to do the quests faster, but I'd still like to know what's going on, so I think this would be a good compromise.

The first paragraph of the quest always stays the same, the 2nd paragraph is called the step text , and that one changes every task, giving you a summery of what to do.

You could either get that part to show on the ui, if opening the journal and reading it is to much.

If you wish to add a custom brief summery of every task you could make and addon and play through all the quest and add your custom writing for each quest. Or get a team to help you out with that.

With the immersive quests addon we are making, we are adding lore friendly directions for each task only when and if it’s needed, as we strive for exploration and immersion and not hand holding.

Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons