Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did something change for solo Imperial City Prison in the last few days?

Northwold
Northwold
✭✭✭✭✭
Bit random, but I'd always been able to solo Imperial City Prison but over the last couple of days it seems that the means to avoid the two lever mechanic to pass the gate (beyond which are the Warden's Templar, Knight, etc) no longer works.

I won't describe what the method involves. But has anyone else noticed it not working? Maybe I've just not been enthusiastic enough...
Edited by Northwold on 6 March 2023 04:25
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive never heard of a method to bypass the levers, without actually hitting the levers lol

i know of ways to possibly hit the levers by yourself fast enough (NB shadow image), but dont know of any other method
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive never heard of a method to bypass the levers, without actually hitting the levers lol

i know of ways to possibly hit the levers by yourself fast enough (NB shadow image), but dont know of any other method

There is / was(???) one involving very precise positioning and projectiles! That's probably vague enough. For the second two lever gate, certain enemies deserve to be stepped on.
    Edited by Northwold on 8 March 2023 02:13
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »

There is / was(???) one involving very precise positioning and projectiles! That's probably vague enough. For the second two lever gate, certain enemies deserve to be stepped on.

it sounds like your suggesting that you can bypass the gates with gap closers to enemies on the other side, which is more or less the same trick people have used for years to get around the pressure pads in direfrost keep lol

i dont know if i ever actually tried that in ICP
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »

it sounds like your suggesting that you can bypass the gates with gap closers to enemies on the other side, which is more or less the same trick people have used for years to get around the pressure pads in direfrost keep lol

i dont know if i ever actually tried that in ICP

Not quite but you need(ed) to be able to aggro the enemies. It may be of historical interest, sadly. :-(
    Edited by Northwold on 8 March 2023 16:38
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So. There is another way of doing it now thst the old way doesn't seem to work. Carry a bow to the prison. And make sure you're equipped with some sort of skill that can cause damage without your being able directly to attack enemies. At the first two lever gate there are ways to enjoy a better view with a little care. And then jump with the skill of an archer.

I'm being a bit cryptic on purpose.

Then to get to the end make sure you kill the Templar, then jump on everyone else's anticipated grave, but remember they can't be in it yet. You want to be able to see them on the other side. And your companion needs to be away on vacation. Once you're through, stay very close to the gate until you're done.

And for God's sake ZOS please don't nerf this even further. There's no reason this dungeon shouldn't be soloable and no benefit to preventing it.
    Edited by Northwold on 17 April 2023 10:18