Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What vampire movies has Zenimax seen where a vampire can't heal?

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »
    Vevvev wrote: »
    They borrowed a lot from things like World of Darkness where vampires can't heal without an expenditure of blood. Passive healing is non-existent.

In fact a lot of the things from the rework like Blood Frenzy, Claw Strikes, and running so fast you turn invisible has a lot of parallels to Vampire the Masquerade stuff in World of Darkness. Granted VtM got a lot of it's stuff from folklore to.

One thing is for certain, these are not TES vampires in what we've come to expect.

Actually, the first TES vampires were also heavily inspired by World of Darkness. So one could argue this is more inline with the original spirit of the vampires in TES. Honestly, I think it's just the clan we are a part of in ESO. In lore the clans all different in how there curses effect them.

You sure? I heard the entire Elder Scrolls series was built on a Dungeons and Dragons campaign, and they have their own version of vampires.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They borrowed a lot from things like World of Darkness where vampires can't heal without an expenditure of blood. Passive healing is non-existent.

In fact a lot of the things from the rework like Blood Frenzy, Claw Strikes, and running so fast you turn invisible has a lot of parallels to Vampire the Masquerade stuff in World of Darkness. Granted VtM got a lot of it's stuff from folklore to.

One thing is for certain, these are not TES vampires in what we've come to expect.

Actually, the first TES vampires were also heavily inspired by World of Darkness. So one could argue this is more inline with the original spirit of the vampires in TES. Honestly, I think it's just the clan we are a part of in ESO. In lore the clans all different in how there curses effect them.

You sure? I heard the entire Elder Scrolls series was built on a Dungeons and Dragons campaign, and they have their own version of vampires.

Yeah in Daggerfall when they introduced vampires as factions and playable it was entirely inspired by world of darkness. From the different clans to the different powers and effects of the bloodlines. All of it was inspired by World of Darkness. Understand a game can have more then one inspiration for the different parts of it. TES as a whole like most rpgs had a heavy D&D influence but the vampire factions were inspired by World of Darkness.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah in Daggerfall when they introduced vampires as factions and playable it was entirely inspired by world of darkness. From the different clans to the different powers and effects of the bloodlines. All of it was inspired by World of Darkness. Understand a game can have more then one inspiration for the different parts of it. TES as a whole like most rpgs had a heavy D&D influence but the vampire factions were inspired by World of Darkness.

And then with Morrowind they retconned most of the lore they used in Daggerfall completely rewriting what vampires are from truly undead to just a blood born disease that just changes you.

Also all vampires in Daggerfall had the same stats with just a single power being different. Even their weaknesses are the same so whatever WoD stuff that got in was literally the bare minimum possible.
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And then with Morrowind they retconned most of the lore they used in Daggerfall completely rewriting what vampires are from truly undead to just a blood born disease that just changes you.

Also all vampires in Daggerfall had the same stats with just a single power being different. Even their weaknesses are the same so whatever WoD stuff that got in was literally the bare minimum possible.

What? Thats not true at all. lol. Where did you get that from? They didnt retcon it we just got different clans in Morrowind. And mechanically they didnt take much but aesthetically they took a lot. Also they got little lore books talking about different clans and how the different bloodlines have different traits. Now if you said they started walking that back in Oblivion and beyond I would be more inclined to agree since we only really see the same strain of vampire for the next two games.They are undead though even if they can be cured, vampires in TES are classicifed as undead still. Though with it being able to be cured I suppose its on the fans to debate if their nature is truly undead or not.
    Edited by Tessitura on 16 February 2023 23:34
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What? Thats not true at all. lol. Where did you get that from? They didnt retcon it we just got different clans in Morrowind. And mechanically they didnt take much but aesthetically they took a lot. Also they got little lore books talking about different clans and how the different bloodlines have different traits. Now if you said they started walking that back in Oblivion and beyond I would be more inclined to agree since we only really see the same strain of vampire for the next two games.They are undead though even if they can be cured, vampires in TES are classicifed as undead still. Though with it being able to be cured I suppose its on the fans to debate if their nature is truly undead or not.

The Vampires of the Illiac Bay book had several things that were true in that game but no longer. One such example is kill the progenitor of the bloodline and you cure all the vampires descended from it. That bit of lore got straight up retconned.
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    Vampirism is a curse so it has drawbacks... one of which being that your vitality isnt what it used to be and is now sustained through consumption of others vitality.. (blood) although cursed they get access to a plethora of illusion capabilities and increased strength...

i get that when compared to werewolves' lack of drawbacks, vampires seem less than worth the pick.. but werewolves dont get as many useful benefits sure they are stronger and faster but they cant use magic and are weak to poison... there isnt anything stating they couldnt use weapon or equipment though so the poison thing might be an invalid weakness.

despite difference in obvious weaknesses, im sure that vampires could win in a war against werewolves due to the realistic usefulness of the traits and abilities they gain...

might not seem that way in game though xD
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Vampires of the Illiac Bay book had several things that were true in that game but no longer. One such example is kill the progenitor of the bloodline and you cure all the vampires descended from it. That bit of lore got straight up retconned.

Yeah but the cures change with each game. Like it is never the same. I am not sure if its a retcon or one of many methods that can work? It's unclear if each new cure retcons the last, there is a decent enough chance that it does, but there is a equally decent chance it doesn't. Point is, they are so fast and loose with that specific part of vampire lore that it doesnt matter much. Everything else seems to stick with the idea of bloodlines and factions being how vampires are in TES all the way back to Daggerfall.
    Edited by Tessitura on 17 February 2023 16:39
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After the big “revamp” of vampires several years ago, I stopped using them altogether. The original concept was a lot better, IMO.
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I miss my 4k health regen "Vamplar".

4 second mistform was a 16k heal
  • Duke_Falcon
    Duke_Falcon
    ✭✭✭
    The Vampire Stun is pretty much pointless in PvP as players you fight are always looking at you when their characters backs are turned to you. Should stun them if your character is on their television screen or monitor. lol
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vampire Stun is pretty much pointless in PvP as players you fight are always looking at you when their characters backs are turned to you. Should stun them if your character is on their television screen or monitor. lol

Either they should greatly expand the cone to the degrees that a character's head model will be looking at you, or have it stun everyone in the area of effect but it becomes unblockable if they're looking directly at you.

In the case it only becomes unblockable if they're looking directly at you gives it some counterplay and keeps the eye contact theme.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see a Day/Night cycle debuff/buff rotation implemented with Vampire in ESO.
    Edited by The_Titan_Tim on 11 March 2023 05:07
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see a Day/Night cycle debuff/buff rotation implemented with Vampire in ESO.

Used to exist, albeit very minor, but ZOS decided to axe that entire concept completely. Now the enter sneak faster passive works equally during the day and the night. :heartbreak:
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    The changes they made to blood mist is very disappointing they either nerfed it to much or just a bad skill aiming is a pain i over shoot my target half the time and become the target
  • Duke_Falcon
    Duke_Falcon
    ✭✭✭
    I tried vamp stun again, its garbage. Players are always looking at you while hopping away with their characters back to you then they turn and burn on you for one maybe two seconds, then their back is to you again. The fact that the player, playing the character can see you all the time really makes that stun pointless. It just needs to be an AoE Stun period.
  • Duke_Falcon
    Duke_Falcon
    ✭✭✭
    Or, put the Stun back on Drain.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The main traits of pop-culture vampires are:
    1. beings of the night. They're creatures that thrive during the night, but burn in direct sunlight.
    2. Blood. They consume blood to survive, generally by biting other humans. this may or may not transform others into vampires.
    3. Charming. They are able to mesmerize people and trick them to do their bidding.
    4. Regeneration. Vampires generally have a higher healing factor. this varies, and may or may not be triggered by consuming blood. This can also be seen as a last-ditch effort to survive, by turning into a mist upon death in order to return to their coffin to reform, which can only be stopped by a stake through the heart before death, or by being subjected to sunlight.

Other than these, there are more things that are added or subtracted depending on the subgenres or the themes of the movie/book/game they are in.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vampires arent just in films. they're in books and games too and it doesn't matter how a vampire was like in a film you watched as these are different vampires
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, put the Stun back on Drain.

Or just remove the looking at you rule. If you could stun everyone in front of you with a single button press it'd be pretty nice tbh.
    Edited by Vevvev on 11 April 2023 06:45