Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What vampire movies has Zenimax seen where a vampire can't heal?

eternalshockcable
eternalshockcable
✭✭✭
Just curious as to which vampire movie Zenimax has seen where a vampire couldn't heal? they practically live for thousands of years.
So.. they would have health regen.
Just not in the sun light.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Vampire movie has to adjust for balancing out power?
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They kinda just flubbed the vampire thing a long time ago, and they just keep sweeping it further under the rug. XD
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i dont get what version ESO or skyrim vampires aspires to be, not having health regen is backwards part of WHY vampires live so long is BECAUSE of their regeneration fueled by blood.
    if the health regen and healing (block) were 80% i would be far happier with current vampires.
    but right now it serves as nothing but filler since your own abilities... well handicaps you for making them stronger...?
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP vampires waiting in front of main keep gate for their allies conquer it and invite them in.
    PvE vampires cannot do quest, because it need them stealth enter someone house.
    And what about daylight?
    I don't see following some other universe rules as best option here.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm not sure it's extremely relevant which fake makes the most sense or came first.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What it should be:
    As you advance in the stages:
    Healing debuff from other sources increases, like a permanent major and minor defile, let's say a 40 or 50% healing debuff at max level, which is very significant (most people would say 18% and allow defile to stack, but this change makes it a more viable choice to play than the current state of it while still being a significant drawback)
    Regeneration bonus increases, as you have fed you will regenerate more quickly

What it is:
    less regeneration, as if you are a drained husk (some dev said "that is the price you pay")
    non-vampire abilities cost more
    vampire abilities are cheaper

I think everyone generally accepts the fire debuff even though it's proven to be something Lamae was able to wake up while torched and walk out of.

Honestly it makes little sense to make abilities cost health while not allowing healh regen. It's the biggest middle finger they could have given to the vampire class.
    Edited by Dr_Con on 9 October 2022 16:57
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They borrowed a lot from things like World of Darkness where vampires can't heal without an expenditure of blood. Passive healing is non-existent.

In fact a lot of the things from the rework like Blood Frenzy, Claw Strikes, and running so fast you turn invisible has a lot of parallels to Vampire the Masquerade stuff in World of Darkness. Granted VtM got a lot of it's stuff from folklore to.

One thing is for certain, these are not TES vampires in what we've come to expect.
    Edited by Vevvev on 9 October 2022 23:47
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is good that creative works are allowed to be creative and not bound to what others creative beings have done before them. As such, what has been done in vampire movies is very irrelevant.

Of course, players can disagree with the vampire design in ESO, but that is not what is being asked here.

• lipechacal
    lipechacal
    ✭✭
    Lol, best topic ever!
    Would be very nice if health regen was debuffed at day and buffed at night. In Doors Just normal maybe. Because besides all the changes made, i still have the feeling that vampires become weaker with higher stages, só doesnt make sense at all.
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire in ESO is complete nonsense. Where lore is concerned, it's the equivalent of incoherent babble.

I recommend that you stop thinking of it as 'vampire' at all, as that creates a set of expectations that just can't go anywhere good or useful. It's just a skill line with some particular functions.

I hope this helps. It helped me at least.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    H! Very good question! I was a vampire in the game for about a few days. Other than the great ultimates, I found it totally useless in pve.
    Xbox X- NA
  • Duke_Falcon
    Duke_Falcon
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to solo world bosses with the vampire skill line fully equipped using an Oakensoul Ring and the skills to heal myself on a fully Max HP build w/ 5Pc Wretched Vitality, 1pc Trainee, 1pc Druid, 2 pc Magma, 3pc Witch-Knight. 2 Heavy Reinforced, 2 light, and 3 Medium pcs.

For Damage I'd hit Mistform into Sated Fury and then spam Arterial Burst.

Then to heal up I tap Mistform to proc Strike from Shadows, then hit Exhilarating Drain to heal up with and then turn off the Sated Fury to top off my Health.

The DK passives made the whole thing work for me, mostly because of the resource return when I hit the Ultimate.

I took it into pvp, and the heal reduction from being in there made it impossible to play at all.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope there comes a day where I’m happy having a vampire character.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to solo world bosses with the vampire skill line fully equipped using an Oakensoul Ring and the skills to heal myself on a fully Max HP build w/ 5Pc Wretched Vitality, 1pc Trainee, 1pc Druid, 2 pc Magma, 3pc Witch-Knight. 2 Heavy Reinforced, 2 light, and 3 Medium pcs.

For Damage I'd hit Mistform into Sated Fury and then spam Arterial Burst.

Then to heal up I tap Mistform to proc Strike from Shadows, then hit Exhilarating Drain to heal up with and then turn off the Sated Fury to top off my Health.

The DK passives made the whole thing work for me, mostly because of the resource return when I hit the Ultimate.

I took it into pvp, and the heal reduction from being in there made it impossible to play at all.

I use a similar set up but I rarely Mistform just to proc Strike From the Shadows due to how weak the damage bonus's duration is. Also replace Oakensoul with Pale Order, change Arterial Burst with Blood for Blood, and use Coagulating Blood as the primary heal. Exhilarating Drain is on the back bar with a Decisive weapon for the sole purpose of rapid ultimate generation.

In PvP I remove Sated Fury and use Shattering Rocks for a heal + stun, make more use out of Mistform, and run Burning Spellweave front bar, Clever Alchemist back bar, and Balorgh Monster set. (5 light, 1 medium,and 1 heavy)

Heal over time is covered by Burning Embers and as a DK I do make great use out of the bonus melee range and Battle Roar passive with the vampire ultimate making a true reset button.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh vampires rn are just a joke, at least in PvE. The only thing you 'could' use in PvE is the invisible sprint and mist form > bar swap/block cancel for the 300 w/s damage which is either too low of a buff or too short of a duration. A bump to either of those numbers would make me happy. In which world does it make sense that a minotaur can damage mist the same amount as a normal person.
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS have pretty much ruined vampire and most of us have lost any hope of it from every being useful in PvE and PvP.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious as to which vampire movie Zenimax has seen where a vampire couldn't heal? they practically live for thousands of years.
    So.. they would have health regen.
    Just not in the sun light.

The change ZOS made for Vampires made sense in a way, as previously there was no reason why not to use Vampirism, vs WW (which for many updates it was well known to be buggy and harder to work with). The old Vamp passives and especially the bats ult were too good, very easy to acquire, vastly pref'd over WW with no real drawbacks for Vamps.

So the thing I might ask people to consider, is it the Vamp changes you don't like OR is it the nerf to healing combined with some of the Vamp constraints that's the problem? Because there is now I believe, a right way and a wrong way to build for Vamp. If you build a Vamp without compensating for its weaknesses then yeah you're going to have a bad time.

However, even if you do everything right for me its the fact that ZOS has nerfed healing so hard which is the real issue.
    Today victory is still mines. Long Live the Empire. VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    It is good that creative works are allowed to be creative and not bound to what others creative beings have done before them. As such, what has been done in vampire movies is very irrelevant.

Of course, players can disagree with the vampire design in ESO, but that is not what is being asked here.

This is correct. Because in Elder Scrolls Lore, even during the good ol' days when Oblivion was an important game and Skyrim was just myth and legend, there were books that described in detail the various Vampires of Tamriel. This included their mystical abilities as well as a few notable differences.

So it makes complete sense that from even the very beginning of Elder Scrolls they wanted to have an independent vision for their Vampires which is healthy. But balancing that for a video game can be a challenge.
    Today victory is still mines. Long Live the Empire. VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno. I still cant figure out why vamps look like extras from the Walking Dead. They are definitely confusing various genres.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need change vampire stages should look like this.

Vampire Stage: 1/2/3/4
    Regular Ability Costs: +3%/+6%/+9%/+12%
    Flame Damage Taken: +5%/+10%/+15%/+20%
    Vampire Ability Costs: -7%/-14%/-21%/-28%

Vampires in general have high regenerative abilities.
    At least there is no reason to reduce Health Recovery.
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the same ones when they thought that "Vampires get stronger the less they feed".
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo the rules of other fictional universes shouldn't matter in this fictional universe.
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    Love all the replies thank you!
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty I'd rather them scrap the increased cost to normal abilities and increase flame damage taken to compensate.
  • Akasha_Mei
    Akasha_Mei
    ✭✭
    That's the most dumb vampire build I ever saw.
    Vampires are known for fast regeneration of wounds, fast recovery.
    Only in ESO they don't.
    Kind Regards,Akasha Mei
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually very common in many fantasy properties (DnD or Divinity just to name a couple) that undead races cannot heal with normal healing or have some sort of "reverse" healing mechanic. They use the life-force of others to heal. Seems very on brand for ESO's vamps
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I became a vampire in Morrowind, Oblivion or the old pre-DLC Skyrim I realised I would soon have to start again. It was possible to survive but it was HARD. If Vampires were strong there would be more vampires than non-vampires and no one left to provide sustenance.

Vampires survived for.many years by being very careful.
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually very common in many fantasy properties (DnD or Divinity just to name a couple) that undead races cannot heal with normal healing or have some sort of "reverse" healing mechanic. They use the life-force of others to heal. Seems very on brand for ESO's vamps

the joke is that the local vampires do not have abilities that would be able to heal really well due to damage vampirism. The ultimate, perhaps, which still needs to be filled, myst form, which is used in very narrowly focused builds, and then, in pve it was nerfed, in pvp too, well, completely useless vampire drain, the healing of which is simply ridiculous, like the damage, and moreover, it still needs to be supported, and that is all :/
  • ElementalDud
    ElementalDud
    ✭✭
    Vampires have been a mess both mechanically and thematically ever since Greymoor. Nothing synergizes and most of the skills are garbage and look terrible.
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    They borrowed a lot from things like World of Darkness where vampires can't heal without an expenditure of blood. Passive healing is non-existent.

In fact a lot of the things from the rework like Blood Frenzy, Claw Strikes, and running so fast you turn invisible has a lot of parallels to Vampire the Masquerade stuff in World of Darkness. Granted VtM got a lot of it's stuff from folklore to.

One thing is for certain, these are not TES vampires in what we've come to expect.

Actually, the first TES vampires were also heavily inspired by World of Darkness. So one could argue this is more inline with the original spirit of the vampires in TES. Honestly, I think it's just the clan we are a part of in ESO. In lore the clans all different in how there curses effect them.