Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Pretty Please Zenimax Q3 QoL Requests

Ani
Ani
✭✭✭
Delighted with the announced QoL changes. What other QoL requests do you have? I mean here fairly straightforward tweaks rather than major overhauls.

Here are mine - as a console player:

1. Guild Trader Search Known/Unknown: Create a toggle/dropdown to enable us to search only for unknown motifs, furnishing plans, recipes, and containers/collectables. 99% of the time I only want to see the motifs/plans/recipes/style pages that I don't already know.

2. Crafting stations: Allow us to search, sort, and filter crafting plans in the crafting menu of crafting stations (i.e., sort alphabetically rather than by category; search for all plans with the word "bed" in the name, etc). While you're at it, please do the same for provisioning recipes.

3. Give console players the ability to mark items as junk (or to sell) consistent with the base PC game.

4. Make treasure maps, style pages, and containers stackable and bankable in both personal and guild banks.

5. Update Keen Eye: Treasure Chests to include treasure map sites (treasure dig sites). Those freaking mounds are impossible to see in certain terrain, and we console folks can't just turn off the grass to make it easier.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guild Monthly Endeavor that you do with guild mates

Cosmetics Organizer

50 new housing slots

Guild Calendar
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on 1 February 2023 19:51
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ani wrote: »
    Delighted with the announced QoL changes. What other QoL requests do you have? I mean here fairly straightforward tweaks rather than major overhauls.

1. Guild Trader Search Known/Unknown: Create a toggle/dropdown to enable us to search only for unknown motifs, furnishing plans, recipes, and containers/collectables. 99% of the time I only want to see the motifs/plans/recipes/style pages that I don't already know.

2. Crafting stations: Allow us to search, sort, and filter crafting plans in the crafting menu of crafting stations (i.e., sort alphabetically rather than by category; search for all plans with the word "bed" in the name, etc). While you're at it, please do the same for provisioning recipes.

3. Give console players the ability to mark items as junk (or to sell) consistent with the base PC game.

4. Make treasure maps, style pages, and containers stackable and bankable in both personal and guild banks.

5. Update Keen Eye: Treasure Chests to include treasure map sites (treasure dig sites). Those freaking mounds are impossible to see in certain terrain, and we console folks can't just turn off the grass to make it easier.

Fellow console player here, #1 is a big one I've wanted for a while now
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us a damn in game list of recipes and furniture plans. like the sticker book is for gear.
    Like a lore library and checklist of recipes.
    It is near impossible to find a fully comprehensible recipe list while cross referencing what you do and do not know.
    Add that to not being able to filter known recipe lists in traders and it is pretty much impossible to fill the recipe list.
    Thing is too, master provisioning drop rate is (supposed to be) tied to recipe known list, yet we have no in game indication of how many or a % of how many of the total recipes we know!

Also on recipe and furniture pages, can you just change the (already know this item) section to the top of the page.
    On console, having to hold the right stick to scroll the item to find if you know it or not makes scrolling an entire list of pages (with the left stick) while holding the right stick down to scroll the page a pain in the ass as well as makes it easy to actually miss ones you actually need.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Allow eyes with makeup
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix the Scion of the Blood Matron quest so I can get the lorebook from that, and finally complete Eidetic Memory.
  • LunaticOne_
    LunaticOne_
    ✭✭✭
    I am trying to translate this into english on the fly, please quote the specific point(s) if I didn't manage to properly (or understandably) translate something

Console player perspective, which is important because we simply play another game compared to the options PC players have with add-ons

Likely more simple QoL improvements:
    - more inventory, monetize it by releasing more of those inventory pets if you really need a reason to, people would absolutely buy them
    - give us the option to visually hide tabards, please! Our outfits and purchased outfit slots become completely worthless if we want to represent a guild of ours
    - give us the option to visually hide every single armor piece we wish to hide. I promise you, there won't be nearly as many people running around in underwear as you fear -> and it'll become boring for the few fast anyway
    - add a checklist for learned/unlearned recipes and furnishings plans
    - add an index for all furnishings that do not have furnishing plans and can only be obtained through specific means
    - add more slots for the quick wheels; maybe an additional wheel for sieges (or allow us to move them to the highly unused tools tab); give us an extra wheel for emotes so we can use quick chat emotes and actual emotes more efficiently
    - while in the collection menu, allow us to preview our mounts, pets, emotes, costumes, tattoes and whatnot BEFORE selecting them; time saver'10 for every hardcore collector and fashion scroller
    - allow us to select how far we want to upgrade the equipment we want to craft while selecting the traits, level, etc. just like we can with the recreation system
    - increase guild bank slots; they are simply not enough for several hundred people using them
    - activate auto-stacking in guild banks
    - just let treasure maps stack, it's about time
    - if someone owns several of those mobile service provider npc's, all of their uses should be selectable by interaction with ANY of them; that way we don't need to slot all of them, we can just buy them and save the quick wheel slots for other things
    - let us preview motifs in guild stores
    - let us filter for unlearned motifs, recipes, etc. in guild stores
    - add a search for furnishings on crafting stations, maybe add a "favorite" marker for overview, too
    - add an indicator if a master writ would be completable with the current character or not before starting the quest
    - add an indicator for completed/incompleted dungeon quests while scrolling through the activity finder (skill point farm help)
    - companions should only be interactable if our character does not move
    - add an index for every furnisher npc and stick a "travel to position" option to them
    - allow us to mass dismantle fish
    - allow us to select several homes that people clicking on our profile can visit (cap it at 5 if you really need to, still better than only one home residence); allow us to display the names we gave our homes before selecting them so people can guess what might be inside them (examples: guild house; duel arena; underwater dungeon; treasure chamber; etc)
    - let us use our purchased hairstyles, tattoes and whatnot in the character creation or character remodeling menu; the options we have in our collection could influence what sliders we want to finally pick
    - let us preview the videos of the starter areas when playing the tutorial; they are beautiful, I want to see them all

Probably harder to implement QoL features:
    - add an arsenal inventory; a feature, more or less working like the crafting bag where all set pieces attached to arsenal slots get stashed to free up actual inventory slots (currently it is highly impractical to get AND use more than ~5 arsenal slots, not even speaking about the cap of 10 we currently have, so the likelyhood of people thinking about increasing their arsenal slots decreases as their inventory management issues increase at the same rate)
    - adjust or create furnishings that can be used as a base for duels in player homes; as it is currently, it is highly impractical to duel on custom buildings because there are a lot of abilities that let players glitch through or into walls, floors and pretty much everything else
    - give us the option (!) to challenge another player to no-CP duels

Not a true QoL, but think about it:
    - Combat-Pet-Skins; it's no secret many people don't like their visuals, especially the sorcerer ones -> some neat crown store visuals for them would definitely result in a simple win-win situation and I fail to understand why you didn't jump on that opportunity yet; I'd take free/earnable one's, too, but that's just me dreaming
    - ingame cutscenes; your trailers are absolutely stunning, but the game does not have any of these beautiful cinematics build in and I think you really aren't doing yourself a favor with that. People starting the game feel falsely advertised and those playing it for a longer time feel like there's such a huge opportunity in that, that just doesn't get used for the actual game, which is a shame, really
    Edited by LunaticOne_ on 26 January 2023 02:03
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Monthly Endeavor that has to be done with guild mates
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Hide shoulders/hip flaps.
    2. Hide unwanted items in collections tabs.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. changes to PvP rewards
    2. new battleground maps
    3. a lore book detection tool that points towards the closest unread lorebook to help you level the mages' guild faster without addons, google or paying crowns
    4. new heists and sacraments, removal of the daily fencing limit (you can already farm infinite gold with antiquities anyway)
    5. vampires getting to choose whether feeding increases or decreases their stage according to personal preference. not like it makes a mechanical difference anymore
    6. bug fixes
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Likely more simple QoL improvements:
    - more inventory, monetize it by releasing more of those inventory pets if you really need a reason to, people would absolutely buy them
    - add a checklist for learned/unlearned recipes and furnishings plans
    - add an index for all furnishings that do not have furnishing plans and can only be obtained through specific means
    - add more slots for the quick wheels; maybe an additional wheel for sieges (or allow us to move them to the highly unused tools tab); give us an extra wheel for emotes so we can use quick chat emotes and actual emotes more efficiently
    - while in the collection menu, allow us to preview our mounts, pets, emotes, costumes, tattoes and whatnot BEFORE selecting them; time saver'10 for every hardcore collector and fashion scroller
    - just let treasure maps stack, it's about time
    - add a search for furnishings on crafting stations, maybe add a "favorite" marker for overview, too
    - add an indicator if a master writ would be completable with the current character or not before starting the quest
    - add an indicator for completed/incompleted dungeon quests while scrolling through the activity finder (skill point farm help)
    - let us use our purchased hairstyles, tattoes and whatnot in the character creation or character remodeling menu; the options we have in our collection could influence what sliders we want to finally pick
    - let us preview the videos of the starter areas when playing the tutorial; they are beautiful, I want to see them all

^ I especially like these. I would add to the quick slot wheel one for appearance items as well. With previewing appearance items from collections, it would help if we could zoom in to see faces too. Actually, being able to zoom in and out in any preview is helpful.

Also, please make some UI and organization updates.
    - Rework the appearance categories and add new slots. (For example, let eyes by worn with makeup, as mentioned above.)
    - Rework the pets subcategories, maybe more like mounts. (I have over 100 pets in "exotic.")
    - Costumes could use subcategories too.

Edited by Kallykat on 2 February 2023 03:26
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Convert eidetic memory to account-wide library. There are just too many quest-locked and bugged books, this will allow other characters a chance to contribute toward completion and promote more gameplay.

It's fine to keep Shalidor's character specific for the mage's guild progression.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ani wrote: »

love 1,3 and 5.

would also love to be able to mass fillet fish !
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture Crafting Station One station where all furnishings can be crafted. And please use subcategories like the in the housing tab, so instead of just seeing "Parlor" for example there would be subcategories for "Carpets and Rugs" and "Tapestries", etc..

PLEASE reduce the many tedious grinds for things such as Mount Training, leveling Companions and raising Antiquity skills. Making these require so much work while gaining so little progress doesn't make me want to play longer, it just makes me want to pull my hair out.
    PCNA
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While several of these ideas will probably never happen - this is a dream list :-)

1.) Gold sinks added into the game, examples may include (obviously this is more of a concern for PC gold inflation than console):

- Mount training: if you have reached max speed on 1 character (same for stamina & capacity), you can now purchase training 10 slots at a time for increasing gold values for alt characters similar to purchasing inventory & bank slots. 10% speed is 10,000 gold (same for capacity & stamina), 20% is 25,000, 30% is 50,000, 40% is 100,000, 50% is 175,000, 60% is 300,000. If you cannot afford these jumps to skip timed mount training, you can choose to continue 1% each day.
    - Achievement rewards for reaching a certain achievement point threshold: once you reach 2500 achievement points, you can purchase a one-time only pet for 10,000 gold; once you reach 5000 achievement points you can buy a costume for 25,000 gold. Every 10,000 points unlocks the ability to purchase a mount for 250,000 gold. Every 5,000 points after 10,000 points (i.e. 15,000; 25,000; 35,000 and so on) unlocks personalities, and crafting motif books you can purchase for gold
    - A direct crown-to-gold vendor in game rather than having to go through players (would eliminate scams) and the ability to purchase ESO plus with gold: this would set a hardcore limit on how expensive crowns are from a gold perspective BUT this could only be enacted alongside several other gold sinks being added so as to not give PC players a massive advantage for purchasing crown store items (more than they naturally have w/ addons)
    - More inventory space, bank space, and furnishing space for housing

2.) A rework of the seals of endeavor system - I love the idea of the system, but think it's implementation is underwhelming. What do I mean by this? I LOVE that we're able to passively earn ways to get stuff from crown crates from simply playing the game. What's the problem? The amount of time required to actually earn seasonal items. The system should be changed to reflect the ability to earn 1 radiant apex mount from the crown crates PER crown crate season. Example: (amount of seals is irrelevant, they could re-do the number of seals earned, or number of seals required to purchase) If I play close to daily (> 85% of days in a crown crate season) and am consistently going out of my way to complete seals of endeavor challenges, I should be able to earn ONE radiant apex mount before the season's end.

3.) An in-game barbershop - take these hairstyles, eye colors, etc. out of the crown store and make them in-game purchasable customization options at a barbershop

4.) A rework of companions - companions should have their own inventory. They shouldn't have to carry our items, even though that'd be very cool, but they should be able to carry their own (i.e. companion gear). I think we should also be able to deconstruct companion gear, similar to player gear and get materials, which we can then USE to craft and upgrade existing companion gear.

5.) *POLARIZING* A central auction house - this is a divisive topic for the community for sure, and obviously the guild trader system is a unique feature of ESO, but I don't think uniqueness is always a positive. How many times have you purchased an item on a guild trader just to later find out it was a lower price at a different one in a different cities? How many new players have asked about how to "sell stuff on the auction house" not knowing that many successful trading guilds require a weekly sales minimum and/or contribution to raffle tickets/membership fee? I think the game would benefit heavily (not just the game, but the average ESO player) from a centralized auction house where all players can make money, not just the top 5% of ESO players that own and are in several of the top trading guilds.

6.) Account-wide crafting research - I think this should only become account-wide though once you have reached 9/9 traits researched on an item on one character. For instance - if you have researched 8/9 traits for daggers, this will not appear on newly created alts. If you have researched 9/9 traits for daggers, this will be account-wide. You should have to do things like mount training and research ONCE to engage with the intended system. Having to do this across multiple characters does not make the game more enjoyable, it limits the crafting experience to one character ultimately. If, let's say, come update 44 I magically start hating my main (Magplar) who has all the crafting stuff done and I want to play on an alt (my Magcro), I shouldn't have to log in and out nonstop to re-trait items, re-construct items in the correct trait, craft new gear, etc. It's a silly time sink that doesn't add any benefit. I DO NOT think that crafting levels should be account-wide though.

7.) More filter options within the trading system such as known/unknown for motifs

8.) Ability to search for guild names under the guild finder menu

9.) Hide option for all appearance slots including tabards

10.) All items that are the same, outside of armor & weapons, should be stackable. Stacks should also be increased to 999 rather than 200 for items.

11.) Crown store-purchased quality of life things (Psijic order maxed out skill line, additional armory slots, inventory space/bank space) should be account-wide. ESO already has a fairly poor reputation within the MMO community for its monetary practices - I should say ZOS does - and it's not the developer's fault. ZOS's finance department/Bethesda's finance department is in charge of this. If you look up the price of the base game on Steam, it ranges from $5 (on sale) to $25. New expansions (chapters) are typically $40-60 depending on which edition you purchase. Why is a single in-game house close to $100? Why is 1 basic horse 2-person mount costing more than the game? The pricing of items in the crown store is truly ridiculous. It's your money, you can spend it all on loot crates if you want for all I care, but the LEAST they could do, is make everything purchased account-wide. Not necessarily consumables & loot crates (you shouldn't be able to purchase 5 loot crates and get 5 per character), but progression-based items, character upgrades, etc. SHOULD be. I feel bad for the developers because they get a lot of flak for this when it's not their fault, but I truly think this game would be a lot bigger than it is if the monetization of the game was changed, even slightly.

12.) NOT being dismounted when you run through an 18 inch puddle of water.

13.) Customizable character backdrops on the loading screen

14.) Similar to previous points, but GRIND does not equate to GOOD in MMOs. It can be tolerable and entertaining the first time, or even the first few times, but it's not an objective positive in the game. Examples - psijic order skill line, scrying and excavation leveling, mages guild leveling (primarily for console players who don't have map pins). Have the option to skip the "story" or leveling process for these things.

I'm sure I'm missing several things, but this is what I could come up with off the top of my head!
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Move the following to be account wide:
    1. Mount training
    2. Motif crafting knowledge.
    3. Crafting research and recipes.
    4. Outfit slots unlocked
    5. Armory slots unlocked

Adjust the following systems:
    1. Mount training. Allow bulk purchase at all once, much like bag and bank training systems.
    2. Treasure maps should be stackable.
    3. Antiquities. Allow zone purple leads to be repeatable. Allow leads to be sold.
    4. Character creation. Allow saving of templates.
    5. Build saving. Enable code based build communication like GW1 and GW2.
    6. Selling. Enable sell all junk and treasure functionality.
    7. Recipe management. Provide an in-game place to see which recipes are possible and remaining.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make stacks of surveys harvestable in one go. Just multiply the harvested materials by the number of surveys in the charater's inventory without having to ride away and have the nodes reset.
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -more purchasable bank inventory
    -treasure maps that stack
    -surveys that can be traded
    -mount training without a cooldown
    -auto repair at merchants option
    -a faster, less clunky way of charging weapons enchantments.
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    An option that we can turn on that automatically uses soul gems to recharge weapons and repair kits to fix armour. Probably an add-on on PC that does this but on console it's annoying getting res'd mid fight with broken armour or doing a parse and having your weapon run out of charge mid test and needing to stop to repair it.
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the Necromancer’s floating graveyard or replace the skill with something that actually works. It’s been broken this entire time.
  • Stncold
    Stncold
    ✭✭✭
    Monster shoulders tied into the collection system. 85 keys and I've gotten every domihaus piece several times over as well as earthgore heavy multiple times when all I've wanted is earthgore light or medium.

Beyond frustrating. I'm really close to unsubbing and taking a long break from the game over this.
    Edited by Stncold on 4 February 2023 07:26
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let us filter what goes in the notification tab. After scribing a couple hundred motifs I know what they do...
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For people like myself who can't participate in guild events because I am on the other side of the globe to almost all of my guild, I would say this is unfair.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For people like myself who can't participate in guild events because I am on the other side of the globe to almost all of my guild, I would say this is unfair.

Join a guild that has people active with you. It's an MMO not solo player game
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://screenrant.com/elder-scrolls-online-not-really-mmo-studio-director/
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally nitpicky thing:

If you hover over some locations on the map, say, Coral Aerie and have completed it, it says "You rescued Jakarn and the items he was delivering.", but other locations will say "I have done XYZ".

Make this consistent.
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    Convert eidetic memory to account-wide library. There are just too many quest-locked and bugged books, this will allow other characters a chance to contribute toward completion and promote more gameplay.

It's fine to keep Shalidor's character specific for the mage's guild progression.

Absolutely. There's event-specific books that I have no idea if they're ever coming back, like "An Invitation to Elsweyr" from the Pan-Elsweyr Event
  • DaleyPia
    DaleyPia
    ✭✭
    Console players need some love too.

My most wanted Console improvements/changes are as follow:

1. Guild Trader sort option of "unknown only".
    2. Mount Training account wide.
    3. Map coordinates.
    4. Option to toggle off the snap-to function in the map.
    5. The ability to choose how many Fish you fillet at a time. (Like with refining mats.)
    6. Hide any armor piece you choose; Hide weapons when not in combat.
    7. Add head gear to Companions, (Hats or Armor)
    8. Make Companion Gear either craftable, or upgradeable.
    9. An unlimited Furnishings Bag (available only to people with ESO Plus).
    10. Surveys & Leads should be tradable.
    11. All in-game currencies should be tradable.
    12. Let us Attune Stations to Dropped Sets.
    Edited by DaleyPia on 5 February 2023 01:56
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

Still a multiple player game. We have little group activities because of solo players
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still a multiple player game. We have little group activities because of solo players

The devs define what they want this game to be. Obviously they have a focus on keeping most things soloable. They even advertised ESO as "like Skyrim, but optionally playable with friends" in the stream on January 25. So if you want to complain, don't blame the players who do exactly what the devs invite them to do, but address the ones who make the decisions about what ESO is supposed to be. And that is the devs alone.

Btw, if a game doesn't have the focus I'm interested in, I'd just search for a different one that's more to my liking, instead of expecting that everyone will adapt to what I want.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

Multiplayer ONLY means that multiple players are in the game at the same time. These players can choose to group with others or not but it is NOT an expectation.
    PCNA