Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 37 - Bug Reports for Combat & Class Abilities

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into involving combat and gameplay balance in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 6 February 2023 19:46
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Grandsheba
    Grandsheba
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Azureblight still underperformed due to not being able to proc as intetend and stated in the set. Middle weaving causes the set to build a seed stack but not all damge over time attacks.

Needs to be fix

Thrive in chaos still doesn't cause bleed proc nor does the 6% stick 6 times still.

Can be checked via the advanced character info menu.
    Needs to be fixed aswell

Necromancers summoners armor, just like the dragon knights, also has a repetitive ability with reusable parts. The summoners skills needs to be replaced with something like taste of life to add to their kit diversity and dot passives.

Having the characters draw their weapons for skills they don't need their weapons for creates an artificial casting time and delay in combat. Please remove this for smoother gameplay transition similar in goal to the blocking for tanks builds.
    Edited by Grandsheba on 31 January 2023 04:33
    "The Tower touches all the mantles of Heaven and by its apex one can be as he will. Be as he was and yet changed for all else on that path for those that walk after. This is [CHIM] the secret of how mortals become makers, and makers back to mortals."
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, Mist form skills are bugged, character just don't streak to the pointed direction with any settings of ground targeting, he only streaks if Mist form used second time in a raw or if any other skill were used right before using Mist form. Seems not all players affected by this bug.
    And another bug, where character try to streak to Invalid location and regain all magicka, but still receive all buffs. Potentially can be abused.
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have one question. The necromancer will now only use one skill from the first branch in pvp and that is blastbones. All other skills are now useless. How are you going to solve this issue? The necromancer has paltors of a branch of not working skills for pvp. And these skills are the most important for pvp. These are the four skills. FOUR!!!! FROM the second branch of skills, almost all are useless or extremely ineffective. You would demonstrate on the streams how I need to play as a necromancer.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is an issue on templar where your spammable does way less damage than it used to, and your delayed burst does practically nothing.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Dekrypted
    Dekrypted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an issue with Backlash and it's respective morphs as it relates to pvp. When battle spirit is active, it does no damage. This has been ongoing since Firesong was released.

There have been countless threads about this. Please, for the love of the 9 Divines, fix this injustice.
    20beko6i91an.jpg
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this in the wrong feedback thread, my apologies. The wrecking blow morph of the 2h skill "uppercut" is bugged, and it's targeting is not working properly.

The bug: With the wrecking blow morph of uppercut, if you character model turns slightly away from the target you are channeling the ability on, it instantly cancels the channel. This is extremely problematic in PVP, where players are frequently moving around and the server struggles to establish precise locations. This bug is not present on the dizzying swing morph, only on the wrecking blow morph. This doesn't occur if your camera moves away, but only if your character model turns away, as seen in the clip below.

https://streamable.com/z3o92z
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • brainsnorkel
    Mist form isn't letting me streak, and acts like a big ol' laser pointer for mobs I have aggroed. It looks like casting puts me at the target location for 1 GCD then returns me to my starting point without updating the client.

https://youtu.be/qmQta_wWXLE
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mist form isn't letting me streak, and acts like a big ol' laser pointer for mobs I have aggroed. It looks like casting puts me at the target location for 1 GCD then returns me to my starting point without updating the client.

https://youtu.be/qmQta_wWXLE

@XomRhoK

Try aiming Mist Form higher. It doesn't need to target the ground. It goes in the direction of your cursor. Try aiming it into the air. It goes in the direction of the cursor but can't go through ground.
    Edited by Red_Feather on 31 January 2023 22:41
  • brainsnorkel
    Try aiming Mist Form higher. It doesn't need to target the ground. It goes in the direction of your cursor. Try aiming it into the air. It goes in the direction of the cursor but can't go through ground.

Ah, maybe user error. I assumed it was giving me the ground target reticle as a jump location. Still, the rubber banding of aggro location after ground targeting is a bit strange.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ah, maybe user error. I assumed it was giving me the ground target reticle as a jump location. Still, the rubber banding of aggro location after ground targeting is a bit strange.

Yeah that circle is not appropriate for the skill. I wonder if that was changed it would be enough to quell the confusion on the skill's use. A ground target circle leads people to aim at the ground. I don't blame anyone for aiming at the ground.
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea if it's a bug or intentional. However frags on sorcerer literally hit targets and the noise is made to say its hit. However it either says dodged if rolldoged, missed if cloaked or sometimes it just doesn't say. It's extremely frustrating it happens mainly when someone breaks free and immediately dodgerolls or stealths. The projectile physically hit the target and made the noise but is still doing nothing. Been like this for years.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is supposed to be jumping to the target location the skill seems to be bugged for some people and no one seems to know why. By any chance when your character was copied over did you already have vamp? If you completely cure vamp and then reacquire it is it still bugged?
    My working theory is that something is buggy for people that were already vamps where they're still partially getting the toggle effect of the old skill.
    @axi curious if that is the case for you as well since you also had the bug.
  • brainsnorkel

It is supposed to be jumping to the target location the skill seems to be bugged for some people and no one seems to know why. By any chance when your character was copied over did you already have vamp? If you completely cure vamp and then reacquire it is it still bugged?
    My working theory is that something is buggy for people that were already vamps where they're still partially getting the toggle effect of the old skill.

For reference this toon was copied to PTS in mortal mode. I loaded my vampire build from Armory right before this and slotted (level 1) blood mist(sp?).
    Edited by brainsnorkel on 31 January 2023 23:24
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope I created new maxed out character and got vampire skill line from crown store.
    Edited by axi on 1 February 2023 00:26
  • Dekrypted
    Dekrypted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is intentional, but I honestly forgot to mention this. With the change to Surprise Attack applying sundered, it no longer is proccing Rltye Ravager set whereas prior to this change it was.

Sundered does apply minor breach meaning it's attempting to reduce the resistances, however this is no longer happening.

Relating to the ravager set, at one point Night Mothers used to proc ravager as well because you'd be attempting to reduce the resistances when you land a critical, however now it does not do that anymore.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday crescent sweep did not work when I came out of mist form. For 5-6 seconds, the ultimate couldn't be triggered. I got this bug one time fighting an IC boss
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    About gameplay balance I think I talked about sorc and TEMPLAR pvp issue enough already...
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dekrypted wrote: »
    Not sure if this is intentional, but I honestly forgot to mention this. With the change to Surprise Attack applying sundered, it no longer is proccing Rltye Ravager set whereas prior to this change it was.

Sundered does apply minor breach meaning it's attempting to reduce the resistances, however this is no longer happening.

Relating to the ravager set, at one point Night Mothers used to proc ravager as well because you'd be attempting to reduce the resistances when you land a critical, however now it does not do that anymore.

Sundered is a proc. Night Mother is a proc set. The fact that neither of these things proc another proc set seems in line with procs not proccing procs.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Sundered is a proc. Night Mother is a proc set. The fact that neither of these things proc another proc set seems in line with procs not proccing procs.

Sundered is a status debuff
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Animate Blastbones ultimate does not correctly count as a Corpse Consumption ability. Because of the Graverobber nerfs, this ultimate might be one of the few "viable" playstyles Necromancer has left. Because it isn't counting as a Corpse Consumption ability, unless you spend another barslot on a different corpse consumption ability, you cannot see the corpses that you need to target in order to raise the Blastbones, hindering its usability in the middle of combat.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 9 February 2023 17:49
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Status effects count as procs unfortunately
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Status effects count as procs unfortunately

Hmm, interesting
  • Dekrypted
    Dekrypted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a shame because using ravager on nightblade was the only way I wanted to play it. There were some interesting specs I could create with night mothers, but I understand why that wouldn't work in the future.

But if I use the crushing enchant, it will proc ravager, so why not the sundered status effect. It also reduces resistences...
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a shame because using ravager on nightblade was the only way I wanted to play it. There were some interesting specs I could create with night mothers, but I understand why that wouldn't work in the future.

But if I use the crushing enchant, it will proc ravager, so why not the sundered status effect. It also reduces resistences...

i thought weapon enchantments were what counted as procs, which is why they dont work for stuff like encratis anymore
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry, wrong thread
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on 14 February 2023 01:14
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Week 3 has some appropriate changes on DKs....but the devs do know about the existence of the other classes, do they not? Is this whole patch nothing but Vampires and Dragonknights?
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not even a mention of the sorry state Necromancer will be in next patch. At the very least, Necro needs some sort of stop-gap change for the coming patch. Not even having a small note saying "We're aware this is an issue" does not inspire confidence in future changes at all.

Remember all that talk of communication and feedback? Can we please get some transparency on what the devs intend for the Necromancer class? Because as is now, they are severely lacking in offense, they feel clunky to play, and don't fit any niche, role, or playstyle nearly as well as the other classes in both PvP and PvE.

@ZOS_Kevin The necro class will be dead in the water next patch if they don't receive any adjustments. Is this being looked into at all?

Editing to add: I realized I accidentally posted this in the Bugs and not the feedback section.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 13 February 2023 17:39
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer's blastbones and ghost still doesnt count as player sourced damage/healing. Therefore not triggering a lot of sets (like Serpent's Disdain) or CPs like Occult Overload or From the Brink
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good job on the mara nerf
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queuing up an ability while heavy attacking without having enough resources to cast the ability will cause heavy attacks to break and prevent subsequent heavy attacks from firing without first releasing the attack button. This seems to continue to be the case until a certain number of abilities are cast or resources consumed; I'm not entirely certain at what point it fixes it but up until that point it is not possible to continue chaining heavy attacks.

EDIT: Further testing has shown that simply casting a heavy attack at very low resources is enough to break heavy attacks. No need to queue an ability.

EDIT 2: Unsure if this is related, but I was booted from the server for sending too many messages while simply running around with the bug active.
    Edited by Panderbander on 14 February 2023 00:56
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"