[BUG] Recall of Galen Wilds crown store item dont apply increased money cost debuff after teleport

Elrender
Elrender
✭✭✭
After using Recall of Galen Wilds (green teleport animation) item every time i teleport the cost of teleport remains the same (lowest one) and didnt apply debuff that must increase its cost. This doesnot happen with regular teleporting (blue teleporting animation).
So its 100% a bug, i reported it twice via ingame support ticket but didnt receive any response so i post it here.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/category/38#legendary-rewards - this item
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    literally pay2win
  • Vynera
    Vynera
    ✭✭✭
    no idea if it helps, but the "skill" that is used:

new animation: (no cost increase)
    raw.png

standard/old animation: (cost increase)
    raw.png
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad I don’t want to pay for a reskin. :/
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hoping it isn’t a bug since some folks have spent money/gems/seals acquiring this BECAUSE others informed us of the lowest cost/no cooldown traveling fee.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooph, I really hope this is a bug. I refuse to purchase this terrible green filter on principle (the laziest design ever) and it would suck to know they also made it negate Wayshrine costs.

Can someone who owns this confirm that this "feature" also works with the Champion Point Wanderer passive?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    Ooph, I really hope this is a bug. I refuse to purchase this terrible green filter on principle (the laziest design ever) and it would suck to know they also made it negate Wayshrine costs.

Can someone who owns this confirm that this "feature" also works with the Champion Point Wanderer passive?

pretty sure it does because that passive reduces wayshrine cost (for max level toon) to 73g, and i saw that in some other posts related to this
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We can confirm this is a bug; utilizing the Recall of Galen Wilds item should not be changing the teleport cost at all. We'll be fixing this in a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can seals of endeavor be refunded? LOL

Literally would never have wasted them on this reskin otherwise.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Take advantage of it as much as you can now I guess; this is the time you purchased with your endeavors. The lesson to learn is that if it isn't explicitly described in the description of the item, it must be a bug and may be patched later. The value of taking that risk is different for everyone unfortunately.

I would personally LOVE to see players refunding the TERRIBLE Customized Action that is Recall of Galen Wilds. I hate that players inflated the sales figures of this [snip] Customized Action design because they thought it was a feature, not a bug. I want them to refund players, but I don't think they will.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 10 January 2023 13:48
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »

Take advantage of it as much as you can now I guess; this is the time you purchased with your endeavors. The lesson to learn is that if it isn't explicitly described in the description of the item, it must be a bug and may be patched later. The value of taking that risk is different for everyone unfortunately.

I would personally LOVE to see players refunding the TERRIBLE Customized Action that is Recall of Galen Wilds. I hate that players inflated the sales figures of this [snip] Customized Action design because they thought it was a feature, not a bug. I want them to refund players, but I don't think they will.

Nah, I’ve put in a ticket to see if they can delete it from my account and refund my seals. And it’s the LAST time I will hear a buddy go “guess what else this does!” after they get something from the Crown Store and rush to buy it. I have a friend in the same boat because we all heard from the same mutual friend and got excited about it.

Never again. I just sincerely hope nobody wasted real life money on crates in pursuit of obtaining that or to get the 100 gems to buy that for THAT reason. At least if support tells me no, I’m just out seals and not real money. But that’s still a lot of wasted seals.

I don’t even like green. :(

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 10 January 2023 13:49
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭

same here...
  • FuriousStyles23
    FuriousStyles23
    Soul Shriven
    Why would you report this? I have been saving a fortune in wayshrine fees..smh
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Public Service Announcement: support responded to my ticket quickly and says they removed Recall of the Galen Wilds and credited me back 3,600 Seals of Endeavor.

Will see when I log in here soon.

EDIT: Have now logged in and can confirm ZOS Support made me whole and removed the mistaken customized action. If you purchased it from word of mouth thinking the low cost travel was a feature, submit a ticket explaining that. If you bought it because you like the color green, I wish you happiness with your collectible!
    Edited by DragonRacer on 20 December 2022 22:29
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    We can confirm this is a bug; utilizing the Recall of Galen Wilds item should not be changing the teleport cost at all. We'll be fixing this in a future patch.

I'd like to report a second bug with this!
    In first person the animation doesn't work properly, as it is the default blue but with green stars. I hope this takes priority in fixing over the gold cost bug..

RKEgyb.png
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm just gonna go ahead and prewarn you guys now that you're likely to have a LOT of upset and confused people when you guys fix the low gold cost bug. Not sure why I thought the belief this was a hidden feature was isolated just to myself and two friends, but last night I saw two more people in a guild chat start telling everyone that need to buy this animation right now because "it's not just a reskin, it saves you gold when you travel! This is so awesome!"

I explained for the love of everything holy not to do that or encourage others because ZOS just said it's bugged and they'll be fixing it.

"It's not bugged, the low gold cost to travel works just fine for me!"

"No, the low gold cost to travel IS the bug."

And it honestly took several passes to explain this and make it clear that their low gold cost to travel will be going bye-bye and then it will just be nothing more than a green reskin animation. There was surprise and anger that they wasted their seals of endeavor on it. I recommended support tickets, like my friend and I did, to have support remove the animation and refund their seals.

I know now, between guild chat in-game and in Discord, of at least 7 people outside of myself who bought this thing on the recommendation of those who own it and think the low gold cost to travel is a feature of it, not a bug. It makes me wonder how many people have bought it and will do so up until you fix it, having no idea that word of mouth is mistaken and will feel utterly duped by it. Gonna be a lot of support tickets after the fix from folks thinking their animation is now bugged.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree with what @DragonRacer is saying

me personally i saw the animation was nothing more than a recolor and completely lost interest (even before i heard about the never-increasing-cost gold bug) because having 71 houses and beam me up addon i rarely need to spend gold on wayshrine travel to begin with lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Fast travel should not even cost gold to begin with and does NOTHING to control the in game economy, don't get me started.
  • KitsuneShoujo
    KitsuneShoujo
    ✭✭✭

Considering that we spent actual physical money to get it, I think it should be a feature not a bug... we can already kinda bypass wayshrines if we have enough houses.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Fast travel should not even cost gold to begin with and does NOTHING to control the in game economy, don't get me started.

XD I think it should cost more actually. And I think repairing armor should cost more too.

But I also totally understand that those changes would be met with vitriol and disgust by most players. I do think the game needs MORE gold syncs and players have too much gold... but that's just my opinion.
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭

So did you particularly buy them because you also heard about low gold cost travel? And hence requested (and by the looks of it received) refund because it is a bug and not a feature?

Or you requested refund because you didn’t want a fast travel option that costs less, even temporarily?

Just curious is all
  • MADPOZBRO
    MADPOZBRO
    So much negativity. I've been playing this game since 2014, there used to be a lot of dumber things in the crown store. So, the animation looks about the same, but the audio is different. It's not an eyesore to me. Also, I find this argument about players having too much gold laughable; wouldn't you be practically telling everyone that they deserve to grind more in a game they paid for by doing that? Maybe paying 5 million gold for that style page isn't so bad if you made the money within a week. I have to admit, I kind of enjoy watching Twitch streamers talk about making the game worse and getting disappointed, even if they are part of the "eso fam".
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grega wrote: »

So did you particularly buy them because you also heard about low gold cost travel? And hence requested (and by the looks of it received) refund because it is a bug and not a feature?

Or you requested refund because you didn’t want a fast travel option that costs less, even temporarily?

Just curious is all

I had zero interest in a green reskin of the fast travel animation until a friend told me "Guess what else it does? Low gold cost to travel with no cooldown!" And I went, "Well, that certainly makes it worth 3,600 seals" and I bought it.

Then I saw this thread and after ZOS confirmed it is a bug they will fix, and not an intended permanent feature, I felt I had wasted a large amount of seals that I otherwise could save and use for something else and I did not want to keep something I never actually wanted to begin with if the one and only reason I bought it was going away. So I requested the collectible be removed from my collections and my seals refunded because I bought it for ONE reason, and that ONE reason turned out to be a bug that will be fixed. And my request was accepted.
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please suggest making the bug fix a change in the item's description to include this added feature.

A similar item could be added, able to be earned through in-game action such as the antiquarian system of a new chapter or DLC. This would be a great marketing opportunity for both Western Skyrim and the newer content.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please suggest making the bug fix a change in the item's description to include this added feature.

A similar item could be added, able to be earned through in-game action such as the antiquarian system of a new chapter or DLC. This would be a great marketing opportunity for both Western Skyrim and the newer content.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Please DO NOT keep the change, or consider future crown store items that negate or impact in-game mechanics. Creating crown store items that alter in-game mechanics is a very slippery slope and crown store items should remain cosmetic.

How long before we would start seeing crown store items that increase Antiquities drop chances? Or increase gold from selling items to merchants? Or improve treasure chest contents? Or permanently increase move speed? These crown store items would become psuedo-mandatory and would be incredibly predatory; the Crown Store Inventory upgrades are already predatory enough! The best way to handle these upgrades are through in-game mechanics (Champion Points, Skills).
  • iPlayOnlyESO
    iPlayOnlyESO
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite bug... Now it's gone.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's apparently back if you buy the red flavor now. Wonder how long that'll stay bugged.
  • Elrender
    Elrender
    ✭✭✭

It's apparently back if you buy the red flavor now. Wonder how long that'll stay bugged.

ZOS level of quality