Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

ESO Temporarily Unavailable on Xbox Cloud Gaming Starting Feb. 11

• Darlig_Ulv
    Darlig_Ulv
    ✭✭
    I keep hoping for some good news or even an updated timeframe to be announced. The few months previously cited has unfortunately turned into several months. sigh
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. No news yet on this. But we will touch base and see if there is any information we can share. Work is still ongoing around this project.

Hey @ZOS_Kevin we're nearing the end of the year, any idea if this will be fixed in 2022? Thanks for any info you can provide!
    Edited by Aardappelboom on 3 October 2022 21:34
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it would be nice to get some type of update.
  • clark71822
    clark71822
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, it would be nice to get some sort of update on this. I have my Series S setup for strictly traveling, so would be nice to be able to log into the game when I'm home from my PC without going through the hassle of disconnecting my Xbox from my gaming case and hooking it up to my TV and back when I want to play.
  • FishForce
    FishForce
    Some update on this would be nice
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right? How many is "a few months"? Apparently more than 3, and 9. You'd think with Microsoft overseeing them, they'd want a priority on this.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Unfortunately, nothing to report yet on this front. But we know it is actively being worked on to bring ESO back to Xbox Cloud Gaming. We are also working in tandem with Microsoft on this as well. We hope to have some news to share soon, and we'll follow up on this thread, in addition to all of our social channels and articles, to update next steps here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Darlig_Ulv
    Darlig_Ulv
    ✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_Kevin for the update even though there is nothing to report.
  • SuperGalaxie
    SuperGalaxie
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,

I am French sorry for my broken English 😁.

Thanks to all the teams at TESO and Microsoft for working on this problem.

Apparently it's not easy to solve.

Please let us know as soon as you have some news about the resolution of this technical problem.

Good luck!

Super Galaxie
  • downloadstation
    downloadstation
    Soul Shriven
    So first you drop me from Mac forcing me to use stadia, then stadia is gone, you force me to cloud gaming on xbox but that's been offline for almost a year now :s any news this will be fixed this year or even any rough date? @ZOS_Kevin
    If you don't want me to play and pay you guys money that's also fine, just let me know
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crossing my fingers that we get functionality back before the holidays. Would like to at least play a little ESO at the hotel between family visits because my console will not be making the trip.
  • milkiie
    milkiie
    ✭✭
    Hi All. No news yet on this. But we will touch base and see if there is any information we can share. Work is still ongoing around this project.

Surely there is some news by now. We only want an ETA or an update about what still needs to be done. Thanks!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We are pleased to let everyone know that starting today The Elder Scrolls Online is once again available to play on Xbox Cloud Gaming. Whether you played ESO on Xbox Cloud Gaming in the past, or are hopping in for the first time, we’d encourage you to give it a try and reply here to let us know how your experience is and if you encounter any disconnects.

Thank you for your patience!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that's some holiday present news right there!
  • Nyxenwhite
    Nyxenwhite
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine not being able to pass the tutorial because you can’t block :lol: *sigh*
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works! I was able to use XBox Cloud Gaming from my PC to log into my ESO XBox account and load a character.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any news on this? I still i
    We are pleased to let everyone know that starting today The Elder Scrolls Online is once again available to play on Xbox Cloud Gaming. Whether you played ESO on Xbox Cloud Gaming in the past, or are hopping in for the first time, we’d encourage you to give it a try and reply here to let us know how your experience is and if you encounter any disconnects.

Very good news, thanks Kevin! Love it!
  • Squall8882
    Squall8882
    ✭✭
    THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE!!!!! IM EXCITED!!!!! I can play anywhere, anytime again. 😊😍😊
  • clark71822
    clark71822
    Soul Shriven
    Tested this out a little while ago and it works pretty well on my tablet. Had occasional lag spikes but that was mainly due to low cell signal strength. Was able to load a character, check mail, refill my trader slots and do my daily writs. Not a single disconnect the whole time I played, which was roughly 30 minutes.

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for those who have provided feedback so far. We'll continue to monitor this thread over the next week for feedback on performance. Thanks all!
    Staff Post
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are curious about ESO and MS Cloud Gaming, I've posted an article of my experiences.

https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-ms-xbox-cloud-gaming-is-back/
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I tested it this evening. Worked exceptionally well. No disconnects whatsoever.

I was there when the last version was available and I had lots of issues with DC when changing zones but it worked perfectly for the last couple of hours, so nice job to MS and the devs for fixing this one!
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huzzah!
  • Saerinar
    Saerinar
    Soul Shriven
    Great news, thank you!
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin just played for 2 hours straight without any disconnection BUT a couple of times I've experienced momentary image freeze. The game was still running with audio but the image was frozen. This lasted for 5 to 10 seconds, then everything came back to normal.
    This issue aside, it worked really well even in dense, intense situations.
    My set-up was with my console tethered to the modem via Ethernet, but only 18Mbps Down Speed, 2 Up, and 40ms Ping, 0% packet loss.
    I encountered some little artifacts but I found that they were more prominent at the start of the streaming and with time passing they were almost completely gone, it became more stable.

On a side note: via WiFi 5Ghz it was not working great, that's why I switched to Ethernet cable. But when I attached Ethernet it wasn't working properly either, so I activated Auto Low Latency Mode (Game Mode) on my TV and that helped a lot, achieving the pretty surprisingly good result.
    What is the recommended/needed speed for an optimal experience?
    Just to know if it's a "me problem" that will get solved when I'll have better internet (I understand ESO is way more demanding via Cloud than, let's say, Minecraft Dungeons...)

Edit: By the way, thank you for taking it back on Cloud! Love it. Just a bit sad that the Cloud infrastructure doesn't support HDR...
    Edited by SkaiFaith on 9 December 2022 15:04
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @SkaiFaith Thanks for the extensive feedback here. For the issues you ran into, if you could place a ticket in for that and relay the ticket number, we can get this front and center to the appropriate parties.

We'll also take you question on recommended settings/ set up for optimal experience and get some clarity there.
    Staff Post
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin later today I'll open again ESO via Cloud and request a ticket from within the game. Then, should I put here the ticket number tagging you?
    Thanks for the assistance.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @SkaiFaith You can either post it here in the thread or dm the number to me. Whichever you are more comfortable with. Thanks for helping us iron out any wrinkles!
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 9 December 2022 15:43
    Staff Post
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    221209-002341
    That's my Ticket Number. Do I need to explain the details to whoever will contact me via email, appointing that you sent me to them for feedback and asking for someone in particular, or should I treat it as a regular Ticket?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @SkaiFaith You should be good. If anyone reaches out for additional context, they'll ask then. But I will also provide the link to this thread so that they have your original comments as well.
    Staff Post