Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Temporarily Unavailable on Xbox Cloud Gaming Starting Feb. 11

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi Everyone,

We are aware of frequent player disconnects leading to a suboptimal experience while playing The Elder Scrolls Online with Xbox Cloud Gaming. The Xbox Cloud Gaming team have identified a fix which we expect to take a few months to implement. While this work is in progress, The Elder Scrolls Online will be temporarily unavailable on Xbox Cloud Gaming. This change goes into effect starting on Friday, February 11, 2022 at 12 p.m. PST/3 p.m. EST/8 p.m. GMT. You may still enjoy The Elder Scrolls Online and access your existing Xbox ESO account by downloading the game to an Xbox console.

We will update this thread when we have more information to share. For any questions, please contact Xbox Customer Support at support.xbox.com.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 14 February 2022 15:22
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update! I finally gave up trying to play ESO on the MS Clouding sometime ago.

At one point, I was just trying to login to get daily login rewards to build a little nest eggs of goodies while I try to purchase an Xbox X. However, I gave up after frequently having to try 30 or 40 times just to get past the character selection screen.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Sorry about all of the issues, @BenevolentBowd. The goal is to address these to avoid experiences like that in the future.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI... this is not on my Dev Stalker™ page. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update! I finally gave up trying to play ESO on the MS Clouding sometime ago.

At one point, I was just trying to login to get daily login rewards to build a little nest eggs of goodies while I try to purchase an Xbox X. However, I gave up after frequently having to try 30 or 40 times just to get past the character selection screen.

Really ? Couldn't get to character screen? And ur on the cloud? Well they can't tell ya to clear cache, restart or reinstall here can they ? Lol, it's definitely ZOS's antiquated server system. Thanks for posting cuz it gives us a lot more insight into all this, even from a console player perspective. It's not a client side issue , at the end of the day
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

We are aware of frequent player disconnects leading to a suboptimal experience while playing The Elder Scrolls Online with Xbox Cloud Gaming. The Xbox Cloud Gaming team have identified a fix which we expect to take a few months to implement. While this work is in progress, The Elder Scrolls Online will be temporarily unavailable on Xbox Cloud Gaming. This change goes into effect starting on Friday, February 11, 2022 at 12 p.m. PST/3 p.m. EST/8 p.m. GMT. You may still enjoy The Elder Scrolls Online and access your existing Xbox ESO account by downloading the game to an Xbox console.

We will update this thread when we have more information to share. For any questions, please contact Xbox Customer Support at support.xbox.com.

@ZOS_Kevin thanks so much for this update, I'm sad it's unavailable right now but I am looking forward to a permanent fix.

Any chance you can share an eta? Will it be a couple of months (april?) or even longer?

Thanks for any information you can share!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Any chance you can share an eta? Will it be a couple of months (april?) or even longer?

Hi @Aardappelboom. Unfortunately, we don’t have an ETA just yet. But we will update as soon as we can confirm one.

Staff Post
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Aardappelboom. Unfortunately, we don’t have an ETA just yet. But we will update as soon as we can confirm one.

Thanks a lot for your open and to the point communication @ZOS_Kevin, I'm looking forward to the ETA.
  • eisi2010
    eisi2010
    ✭✭
    Hi, is there any further information? I need cloud play to be back again 🙏🏻
    @ZOS_Kevin ?
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    eisi2010 wrote: »
    Hi, is there any further information? I need cloud play to be back again 🙏🏻
    @ZOS_Kevin ?

I'd love to know as well, was hoping something would be said in the after-show-stream. @ZOS_Kevin an ETA would be nice!
  • Darlig_Ulv
    Darlig_Ulv
    ✭✭
    Same. I really miss being able to play the game when I travel through the cloud!
  • downloadstation
    downloadstation
    Soul Shriven
    Any update if this will be fixed before the launch of the next chapter ? @ZOS_Kevin
  • FishForce
    FishForce
    Remote play does not work that well. So im really waiting for Eso to return to the cloud.
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I speak for every 30+ gamer with a job, a non-gaming wife or husband and kids, that this needs to be fixed when the card game is out. We need to be able to fully sink all of our free time into the new card game, wherever and whenever we have the opportunity. 😅

Plz @ZOS_Kevin bring us some good news, we know you guys can fix this!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey all, no updates yet. But we’ll check in with the team and see if we can get any additional info.
    Staff Post
  • FireBreathingNord
    FireBreathingNord
    ✭✭✭
    Any updates? @ZOS_Kevin
  • Bane_Andeddu
    I had a great time playing Eso with xbox cloud gaming and I can't wait for it to come back. I would sometimes disconnect, but if I was in a place with a strong connection then it was fine. I did dungeons, world bosses, crafting, etc just fine.
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    I had a great time playing Eso with xbox cloud gaming and I can't wait for it to come back. I would sometimes disconnect, but if I was in a place with a strong connection then it was fine. I did dungeons, world bosses, crafting, etc just fine.

Same. I could generally do basic gameplay if I had solid reception with mobile data. It's great to know we have this option to play this way. Hope it gets back up and running as soon as possible!

Looks like the moderator last checked in in April but had no updates to announce. Hope they get ESO back on X Cloud, cuz like I said, it's a terrific option , especially if your not near Xbox hardware and need to log in to ESO to get daily rewards and do a quest or two
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I hope they get it back online sooner than later. It was such a blast and very easy to login whenever the tv was busy. 😅
  • FishForce
    FishForce
    Yea i miss Eso on the cloud aswell :'(
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone,

Hi there @ZOS_Kevin! I'd like to connect this issue with an issue many XBox players are having logging in and not being able to get to character select. Is there any dev or mod comment on how the above Cloud issues could be related to those experiencing the same problem with a downloaded game?
    However, I gave up after frequently having to try 30 or 40 times just to get past the character selection screen.

This is the current, daily experience of many Xbox players with a downloaded game. Only instead of just building up goodies like @BenevolentBowd on an alternate account, it is their main that they have limited/occasional access to. There has been no acknowledgement or fix for these long-term (previously) ESO+ players, while evidently dev time is being spent to fix "The Cloud" issue while ignoring the rest of the Xbox community experiencing repeated and substantial problems with the downloaded game.

There are 20+ reports on the Xbox support forum from the last few months. This is my most recent post with an overview of the problem, and a link to the 10 most recent posts, some which have been closed with no resolution for OP.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/606535/xbox-login-issues-ignored-for-months-needs-dev-attention-pc-ps-comrades-plz-read

I can't help but suspect the same issue found in the Cloud is at fault, since the consequences for the players are the same. If this post seems a bit desperate, it is. I really miss my friends.
    Edited by LurgidBean on 3 June 2022 15:04
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Xbox S a few months ago and I was lucky to win a blackwood code on a deltiasgaming stream ( @Deltia ).

So far, I haven't had any of the issues on the console that I experienced on the cloud. However, I'm not doing much at the moment. Just collecting my login rewards and collecting mats to begin doing writs.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, no updates yet. But we’ll check in with the team and see if we can get any additional info.

@ZOS_Kevin did you hear anything by any chance? Can you give us a ballpark ETA? It would be nice to know if we can expect a fix in 2022 or if it'll get pushed back to 2023 or later.
  • Novidian
    Novidian
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't played in ages and don't own an xbox, anymore. This was the only way for me to get back into the game without shelling out hundreds or starting over, neither of which I want to do. Since there's no cross play or character transfer options, I guess I'm SOL until this gets resolved. I finally get the itch to return, sign up for GP Ultimate, and then find out it's not an option anymore. :/
  • FishForce
    FishForce
    I realy hope this isnt taking to long, its almost half a year come on zenimax and microsoft putt some persons on the job! 😏
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any news on this? I still kinda miss this option.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. No news yet on this. But we will touch base and see if there is any information we can share. Work is still ongoing around this project.
    Staff Post
  • FishForce
    FishForce
    Hi All. No news yet on this. But we will touch base and see if there is any information we can share. Work is still ongoing around this project.

We are waiting on some additional info for a prety long time now, how much longer are we needed to wait more? I hope we finaly get some additional info soon.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will eso be playable on xbox cloud gaming via IOS. Just curious cause being able to play on my phone when im not at home would be cool
  • smackinhippies
    smackinhippies
    ✭✭✭
    I travel frequently (not with my xbox) and the cloud streaming feature was really nice to be able to login and get my daily rewards or handle basic admin functions in a Social Guild I run. It would be fantastic if we could get this added back to game pass, please and thank you.
  • Saerinar
    Saerinar
    Soul Shriven
    I also travel frequently and really appreciate this feature. Any updates on this would be great.