The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS can you do something about dlc pledge?

ForzaRammer
ForzaRammer
✭✭✭✭✭
When the dlc pledge was first introduced, there were like 4 dlc dungeons, now it is 24 :s
Here is my suggestion: instead of 1 per day, make it 2 or 3 per day
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya it doesn't make much sense. Theres more dlc dungeons than base game ones but 2 pledge givers for base vs 1 for dlc. Best time to farm gear or motifs is when the dungeon is a pledge. But with so many dlcs you gotta wait whole month if you just missed the one you wanted. If there was 2 dlc pledges then they would be done more frequently and maybe people would even learn mechanics. There's so many threads about pugs joining dlc and dont know what to do, rage quit etc. No wonder if dungeon only pops once a month its difficult to remember what's going on.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We can do any DLC dungeon any time we want.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Have you tried to queue as a dps for some dlc one which is not currently a pledge?
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be quite nice. If I need gear from one of the dungeons people rarely do, it helps so much to wait for it's pledge day. But if it's a dlc it can take weeks at this rate.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Expect the only people interested in doing the same dungeon are after the same gear drop :D
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would help some newer players tryna obtain keys for specific shoulders also. RNG can make it hard sometimes. Also aware it’s an mmo and things take time but getting that right shoulder in right weight for first time can take too long.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »

Have you tried to queue as a dps for some dlc one which is not currently a pledge?
    Ilumia wrote: »
    This would be quite nice. If I need gear from one of the dungeons people rarely do, it helps so much to wait for it's pledge day. But if it's a dlc it can take weeks at this rate.

This is precisely why I farm dungeon gear on my tanks.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please.

For some of us there are simply not enough hours in the day to do chores (daily writs/quests, surveys etc) and also coordinate with other like minded players to tackle every group activity.

Often 'something's gotta give' and one groups up at set times to prog dungeons/trials where pledges and dungeon farming can only be achieved by queueing while tackling the daily chores.

Having at least another pledge giver for DLC dungeons (if not two just for sake of 'future-proofing', it is very likely that another couple of dungeons will drop next autumn) would alleviate the current 'bottleneck'.

• Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally Glirion gave the pledges for the Imperial City and Shadows of the Hist Dungeons. One Tamriel added Urgarlag to exclusively offer only DLC pledges. I think with the increasing amount of DLC Dungeons, we need another person giving pledges, as it takes currently 12/12/24 days for a Pledge Master to complete their rotation (could probably put Hroltar the Boaster (Undaunted Celebration Event Houseguest) in this role).
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭

Step 1 - make a tank
    Step 2 - buy Plague Doctor + Warrior Poet
    Step 3 - get Stonekeeper / Warden / Malubeth or whatever

Voila, instant pop queues for nearly all dungeons

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Expect the only people interested in doing the same dungeon are after the same gear drop :D

Skill points on alts, helping friends get gear, getting achievements, and more, are reasons players continue doing dungeons. Heck, I rarely do a dungeon for gear.

This is also a great case for why it is best to join a good active guild and be active in that guild. Getting to know some players to run with regularly not only leads to much smoother runs than a random group from the GF will provide but also opens the door to having a group of people willing to do content to help others. I see this all the time in my guild and I expect there are other guilds out there that are just as good.
    Edited by Amottica on 17 May 2022 16:04
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Step 1 - make a tank

I assume the dungeon finder is still bugged as always, but even as 2 people queued as tank and healer, we often don't find anything for DLC dungeons, especially outside of peak hours.

It's not as easy as you say, sadly.
    We have way too many DLC dungeons by now. I would prefer if they cut the 4 dungeons a year and bring more meaningful content instead. In any case, there are too many and it would be good if some of them became base game dungeons and appeared in the rotation of the non-dlc questgivers.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd be surprised how many people don't own all the DLCs. Or maybe you wouldn't - I don't know you. But it's important to remember that those people deserve to be able to do daily dungeons just as much as DLC owners like you or I... and that those people are a good part of the reason why queue times aren't even worse than they are.

Just worth considering. Might even be a good idea to take old dungeons and open them up to all players, regardless of DLC, or open up DLC dungeons to all players but only for dailies. If that went through, we could straight up add DLC dungeons to all the undaunted daily givers.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I guess they need an ESO+ daily pledge for a dlc dungeon that offers 20 transmute crystals!

I do agree the ratio is off with 2 regular and 1 dlc option, but there isn't a particularly fair way to sort it out.
    I suppose one consideration would be offering 5 transmute crystals for the first time you run each DLC dungeon per day (accountwide, not per character).
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 alt tanks (non ESO+ mind you) for randoms/keys. I have a specific tank/dps that's designed for gear runs and vet dungeons. Seriously...make a tank....or healer (not as fast as tank, but MUCH faster in the queue then the legion of DPS out there).
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah... but you can only do a pledge once per day.
    You can do 2 vanilla pledges per day, but only 1 dlc per day.

I think the redhead dude should give you a choice between a vanilla pledge or a DLC pledge, then keep the orc lady for dlc-only and the redguard lady for vanilla-only pledges.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Step 1 - make a tank

I vote PA over WP, but that probably depends on how comfortable you are with tanking, and how much (or little) you trust your team.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think the redhead dude should give you a choice between a vanilla pledge or a DLC pledge, then keep the orc lady for dlc-only and the redguard lady for vanilla-only pledges.

The pledges are just for keys so that does not matter what dungeon it is. Even then, alts are great for doing the same pledge multiple times when it is up.

Also, a new NPC and splitting the DLC pledges between the two NPCs would make more sense than forcing players to make a choice as those that just want the key will ignore the DLC choice anyhow. That would reduce the number of players queueing for the DLC choice which means my previous statement is would still be the best option for those wanting to do a DLC dungeon more often.
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    When the dlc pledge was first introduced, there were like 4 dlc dungeons, now it is 24 :s

Wait are there more DLC dungeons than regular ones now?
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reward structure for the DLC dungeon pledge needs to be drastically reworked, especially for the more recent DLC dungeons where each main boss has a Challenge Banner. Clearing 3 hard modes in a single dungeon, which are drastically more involved and difficult than older DLC dungeon hard modes, should net me more than 2 Undaunted Keys.
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait are there more DLC dungeons than regular ones now?

There are 24 base game dungeons and 24 DLC dungeons....so not yet.....but with the next dungeon; there will be.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although, now that it is free, Imperial City's two dungeons should be moved to the "main-game" dungeons - they should officially switch from Urgalag to Glirion's list of pledges.
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good tip for farming gear:
    Never go with the role you plan to get said gear.
    If you want DPS gear, go as tank or healer.
    It looks like it is done on purpose.
  • Megs77
    Megs77
    ✭✭✭

This is your issue. Roll a tank or healer.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's nearby npcs we could use too
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The pledges are just for keys so that does not matter what dungeon it is. Even then, alts are great for doing the same pledge multiple times when it is up.

Also, a new NPC and splitting the DLC pledges between the two NPCs would make more sense than forcing players to make a choice as those that just want the key will ignore the DLC choice anyhow. That would reduce the number of players queueing for the DLC choice which means my previous statement is would still be the best option for those wanting to do a DLC dungeon more often.

They're for transmute crystals too tho, I don't care for keys, but the juicy transmute crystals are a different story.
    And yeah, the new NPC would be better, I was just thinking of a way to add something without really adding anything new to the world, or changing the balance of how many transmutes a single character can earn in a single day.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never really bought any dungeon packs in the games over the years because I was subbed all that time.

Now when I sign up for undaunted pledges I always get:

Fungal grotto
    Banished Cells
    And other very old content

I think dungeon behind purchase (+7 years for some content) is a bit redundant now and perhaps should be openly accessible.
    Even mythical items don't motivate me to purchase them (honest)

As for DLC dungeons, I think the same should be done over time (Insert desired time frame) -> Added to base game.

(PS: Not subbed)
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on 18 May 2022 13:20
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skill points on alts, helping friends get gear, getting achievements, and more, are reasons players continue doing dungeons. Heck, I rarely do a dungeon for gear.

This is also a great case for why it is best to join a good active guild and be active in that guild. Getting to know some players to run with regularly not only leads to much smoother runs than a random group from the GF will provide but also opens the door to having a group of people willing to do content to help others. I see this all the time in my guild and I expect there are other guilds out there that are just as good.

How exactly does having faster dlc pledge rotation only help dungeon finder, and not contributing to more interest in your guilds?
    The amount of response I can from those 450 member active trade guilds is good when the dlc dungeon is pledge, the response is next to none when it is not.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    Originally Glirion gave the pledges for the Imperial City and Shadows of the Hist Dungeons. One Tamriel added Urgarlag to exclusively offer only DLC pledges. I think with the increasing amount of DLC Dungeons, we need another person giving pledges, as it takes currently 12/12/24 days for a Pledge Master to complete their rotation (could probably put Hroltar the Boaster (Undaunted Celebration Event Houseguest) in this role).

12/12/24

Another NPC makes sense. Very simple solution. Let the community vote/compete on who it is from the Undaunted.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megs77 wrote: »

This is your issue. Roll a tank or healer.

I do have a tank. But every time I queue with him, I get people with 5-10k dps.