The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please, Let us have more inventory space

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »
    More inventory space would likly be most useful without hurting the game or economy too much.. Would allow us more buffer space to move things around, be able to do more than a few quests or 3 dungeons without being fully loaded nd with the new armory system we could carry a few more sets without being brutally punished for it.

Increasing things like bank space etc would likly affect the economy with traders etc buying up/holding more things to resell later.

As it is now I highly doubt many will invest far into the armory as it will destroy they're carrying capacity in a big way! This also will free up some storage etc at the same time!

TBH all that would happen if everyone was given an extra 20 slots is they would get filled up and then ask for more slots. People will have that 1 extra thing, 2 extra things, 3 extra things etc that they need to keep
    Soupy twist
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    To be honest, the worst is master writs, surveys and maps. If those could just be stored in the craft bag, that would be amazing!
    Even though I destroy maps instantly, due to inventory space issues. I do agree surveys and master writs take up most of my space. Mostly as I save master writs for when there is a double exp event, and I store the surveys until I need them due to running out of certain materials. Storing all those in the craftbag, would be awesome, and would save most of my space.

ZOS, and the game, do everything to get you to log in daily. They give daily items, daily endeavours, horse training is daily, we have daily quests, and during events the event tickets are daily. But when someone actually plays daily, as I do with 18 character crafting dailies, the game does not allow the room for it.
    Same with actually questing and killing mobs, the inventory fills up WAY WAY too fast. The best way to play the game right now, seems to be to skip everything, and run by everything. Or to not play at all. These things need to change ASAP.

I like to be out in the game world, and stay out there. But the inventory limit prevents me from doing this.

PS: Currently I have atleast one of every survey stored(which takes 120-150 bankslots), and I have around 200+ master writs stored(gained since the previous double exp event).
    PPS: When I need to go to town to empty my inventory, I usually just log off for the day. It is just a drag, and too much trouble.

Do you not have the banker and merchant?
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exactly how many players does this cover?

Doesn't even matter how many, because that argument is basically saying if someone can't afford it they should be given it for free because it's not fair or something. Welcome to life where nothing is fair.

I would think that now in 2022 servers can handle the increased capacity from more storage space? Assuming they are using modern servers and not the ones from 2014-2015? As the game gets more and more bloated we will all need more and more storage, it's just a fact.
    Edited by Holycannoli on 20 May 2022 18:45
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the full

-210 inventory on my main
    -18 total characters
    -full 240 bank space that's overfilled to 480
    -all storage coffers
    -all storage chests
    -my main guild's bank
    -a guild bank exclusively for my personal use
    -my friend's guild bank exclusively for their and my personal use
    -10 notable homes just for storage, with over 700 furnishings each

So that's about 4,000 slots total of inventory space, or 11,000 slots if we're counting housing for storage.

...and I still find it difficult to survive without the craft bag.

Although if you haven't even gotten 240 bank space yet, you probably shouldn't complain too hard. Just saying. ;)
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't even matter how many, because that argument is basically saying if someone can't afford it they should be given it for free because it's not fair or something. Welcome to life where nothing is fair.

a4j4b0F.gif

I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

a4j4b0F.gif

What I mean is that limited inventory space is a business decision. You get double the space with a subscription and a nearly limitless crafting bag.

As much as I'd like to not have to subscribe for all that extra space I understand why they won't just give it to me for free. It's a major incentive to subscribe, perhaps the greatest incentive.

I do think they should increase it some though.
    Edited by Holycannoli on 20 May 2022 20:27
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sell any crafting material when you reach a full stack, only keep the upgrade material

Never pick up item that don't have ornate trait or can't be decon for upgrade mats

You want transmute crystal to rebuild sets wich tend to be more attractive than craftable one

Any non valuable motif material is send to the trash, those who got value are sold

If possible get an alt to hold all non sellable yet usefull stuff like tri stat potion, crown poisons, research and XP scroll you don't intend to use for now

The real issue with inv space is having enough room to store the sets you use, even more so with the armory system allowing you to easely swap between tank, mag/stam DD and healer

The game has gotten over 200 dungeon and monster set items over the past years but more bank/inv space and crate didn't got added to keep up with all the new loot

Even with ESO+ I had to narrow down my builds and decon the rest
    Edited by Foxtrot39 on 20 May 2022 20:44
  • Lazuli
    Lazuli
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I, too wish for even an extra 20 space, I don't think they'll ever increase it.
    Craft Bag is their main selling point for ESO+
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm fine with the craft bag being ESO plus, but bank space needs to be increased across all boards. Who cares if it gives free players a little wiggle room? ESO+ players will get double the amount and make it even more inviting to sub. I agree that increasing to 300 is what is needed (600 for subs). Heck even if they just increase it by 10 so free players get 250, that would give subs 500. That is a win win. I definitely don't play unless I'm subbing due to inventory issues, and when I do sub, I still have inventory issues.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    yes yes yes 5000 lol
  • Heals_With_Orbs
    Heals_With_Orbs
    ✭✭✭
    I also have eso+ but still find storage a problem, and its not being addressed.

There's 2 trains of thought it seems in the community : -

"Don't hoard, let go of stuff, anything I don't use I get rid of"

"I do PVE, PVP, Housing, crafting, motifs, treasure maps, aaaaaahhh"

Ok we now have the sticker book which is a great addition, but there's still the point that, well how much does it cost to gold out all those 20 sets of gear you used to have!? I do pve, pvp, housing and crafting.

Take PVP for example, I potentially use a variety of sets / monster sets depending on the situation, because no situation is the same. You may need gear for a ball group, an anti tank set, etc. lets say 10 sets - thats 50 slots gone. Various potions and poisons, thats another 10 slots gone, forward camps, recall stones, ballistas, you're not far off 100 slots gone, and this doesn't include all the rewards for the worthy.

PVE is the same, I might want to do a random normal as a healer, or switch to dps.

When events happen you get bogged down even more.

Why can you stack 800 crown poisons but rune stones count as 1 individual item?

Why can you stack experience scrolls, surveys, but only allow 1 treasure map per type?

There's many suggestions I'm sure that have already been mentioned for the past 9 years, but come on

so here are some suggestions : -

1 - Stack all treasure maps, like surveys
    2 - Daily writ crafted items don't count as inventory items, but as "quest" items instead.
    3 - Housing items don't count as inventory
    4 - Stickerbook items can be retrieved but don't count as inventory but also are the same level of quality you previously had
    5 - A new "wardrobe" / "armory" so sets can be recalled and a set only counts as 1 item instead of 5 or even not at all,
    6 - Stack siege equipment

There must be something that can be done, that strikes a balance between being reasonable and down right irritating, that still make people buy eso+ for the craft bag and extra storage, but make people feel like they arent overwhelmed
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭
    The lack of space stops me playing. Every slot is full on all ALTs. Can't even do writs. Mailbox is full with rewards for the worthy. Got over 1000 anniversary event boxes which I can't open because they will spawn 3 more items each. So I'll come back when they put the free trial on probably in 3 months time.

I'll not bother buying the new expansion there's no point
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not against getting more inventory and/or storage space, but I also agree it's a case of stuff expanding to fill the available space and that's not going to change just because there's more space. People will just keep more of the things they're already keeping.

ZOS have already given us more space/storage options several times. They moved collectibles out of our inventories and into a dedicated menu, added the sticker book, home storage chests, pets which add more inventory slots, the craft bag (if you have ESO+ or move stuff over during a free trial) and I think at least once they have increased the available bank space, not counting doubling it for subscribers. Apparently none of that has fixed the problems people have, so I'm sceptical that doing the same thing again will achieve anything different.

I usually don't have a problem with storage space, but that's because I have a regular routine to sort stuff out (and don't hoard stuff I'm not going to use), if I play for a few days without sorting it out I do notice it building up. But I also know it's on me to sort it out and use or get rid of things instead of letting them pile up.

If something is taking up too much space and I can't use it or it's not worth the trouble to use it I'll just delete it. I know I'll get more sooner or later, the same way I got the first lot.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I'm not against getting more inventory and/or storage space, but I also agree it's a case of stuff expanding to fill the available space and that's not going to change just because there's more space. People will just keep more of the things they're already keeping.

This is exactly what will happen. The whole reason for wanting more storage space is to be able to store more of the same things. Once the additional slots are filled, then what?

I know players don't want to decon sets they spent a lot of money on, but it's better to decon them and get some mats back than to let them just sit taking up valuable space and never be used again.
    PCNA
  • kyatos_binarini
    kyatos_binarini
    ✭✭✭
    never have more than 10/215 (at the start of the day)
    1 slot soul gems
    1-2 potions
    1-2 food
    1 lockpicks
    1 repair kit

surely after activities there are plenty of different things appear in an inventory but even after 4-6 hours of game play it never reaches 100/215. and thanks to addons i can deal with it in a few clicks
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The irony is that the cheapest inventory method available once you max out in game methods is to buy a second account doing so immediately gets you 540 slots. And at certian times you can pick up a copy of the base game at around $10 USD or less.

That said, the entire crafting tree needs a rework as it is full of redundancies and almost useless items.

• LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be wise to get additional slots in the inventory when buying each new chapter. Alternatively, to increase the number of slots, they could release one new pet per year.
    Edited by LikiLoki on 27 May 2023 09:48
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I and many can't afford to have eso plus constantly,
    I avoid provisioning or alchemy ingredients, but i still have no space, i fully upgraded my inventory and still no space,
    please let us buy more inventory space or give us ways to gain inventory space like achievement rewards...

Like hero of daggerfall +1 inventory space , stormhaven main quest +1 inventory space...

Anything really...i'd cry for just 20 more free spaces... please

I'm so tired , so tired of managing my inventory, deleting usefull items... And the bank extra space is so expensive

I definitely want more space as well, or a pattern/motif/survey bag.

Though I would disagree that ESO+ is too expensive. Yes, it costs something, but anyone playing has to pay for many things in life that are equally or more expensive. Eat out at fast food once and you have hit the cost.

We still need more inventory space, but some with the very least need to pay for ESO+ if it is tight for them.

With all the respect

There's countries in europe where the min wage is around 400 euros, maybe less idk all of them.
    Eso has teenager players too.
    Unemployment also exists.

So, normaly not everyone can just pay for it, especialy just for craft bags.

Euro servers usually have more players than us.
    Also...south americans also play eso not just north.

Granted i can't actually answear your question. I'm not sure anyone can.

I can say at least that i have met africans on eu server.

More players on Euro servers? I didn't do a firm count, but it seemed like they rolled up the sidewalks after midnight Texas (US) time when I played there.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just opened this, and noticed I commented a year ago that inventory management makes me so tired I leave the game for a good while. And well that's what's happening currently, not playing since february (I think) because inventory management is so tedious it drives me nuts.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to be able to dump currently unused, but armoury marked, items into the armourer - up to a certain limit. I have ESO+ and don't worry too much about space, but I'd prefer my golded items to be held by the armourer, instead of the banker.

I'd also like more options for storage in my house(s). Static items held in a chest shouldn't impact the servers too much.
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine having function in the game that you don't have to pay to fix.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 it’s probably better to create a new thread than to necro one that died a year ago.

2. More bag or bank space will not happen until and unless Zenimax improves server performance unless they do some more stand alone chests.

3. Zenimax did add the sticker book system which was great at reducing our need to hoard gear which reduced how much we stored. Yes, hoarders like myself still end up filling up inventory spade and I see it as a reason to do spring cleaning and get rid of what I really don’t need.
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age and that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please see a more recent thread regarding this here. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.