Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High Isle and Update 34 Roadmap

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yyjf1ewtgqs1.png

I was genuinely excited until I read the line after.

If there's such an option, it would be really cool if we could set our own titles without using an addon to make that a thing.

That can be abused very easily, resulting in more reports and bans. I could even see it getting so bad that ZOS would turn right around and remove it. Give people too much freedom and you can't trust what they'll do with it.

CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you will add more QoL updates.

Maybe it is time to update some cosmetic features. People are asking for years to hide various armor pieces, including flaps. I would love to see new designs and original outfit styles.

Since we will be able to change the music in the log in screen, why not pick the music in houses, and change the weather or time of day? Much more useful than the few seconds we spend in the log in screen.

It's time to look over the furnishing requests list people are compiling for years. How about a wayshrine furnishing? Or multi-attuned crafting stations?

Also... there are so many new things to update/change. Like more visuals for spells. I would like to change some of the visuals of the abilities my char uses. Some people were asking for a dark templar spells, or red thunder sorc... there could be many interesting ways to make old chars fun again.

The High Isle announcement falls flat because people have low expectations since W. Skyrim. The card game is something that will appeal to a niche... but the rest of the game will be short. I hope that I am mistaken and you haven't made a grand error with this new main feature. Watching the game played on stream made me realise that I might never use so much ESO time to play a minigame rather than actually do something fun in Tamriel. Even fishing seems more rewarding on long term than this... but hey... at least the artwork on those cards is amazing.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Good!

For the quickslot wheel, I'd like to have a second quickslot wheel only for event items. These could then be automatically placed on that wheel, when we complete the event quest for receiving the event item.

No, not only for event items. But a second quickslot, sure. We would need that in Cyrodiil, where there are a ton of stuff one needs to have slotted, alongside all the healing potions and whatnot. But if you prefer to fill it with event items, sure, why not. :)
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tomfant wrote: »
    I'm curious behind which insanities they hide the leads for the new mythics this time...

The card game, I would wager. Or the new final trial boss on Hardmode when succeeding with trifecta on a blue moon on february 31st. :p
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean "new houses" as in "just as normal a few new expensive crown-bought houses per chapter", or do you mean aside from those?

Dito question with furniture. Would be nice to see some more "common" furniture, like ladders (climbable or not), pickaxes (I made a little orc town with a small mine even, but there were no pick-axes or similar tools to put there), pitch-forks and whatnot. And if you'd care to really go wild, weapon stands (standard and fancy wall-plaque) where players could show off their nicest weapons. And manequins for dito armour. What is the point of making all those awesome armors if we can't show them off? ;)
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    I hope you will add more QoL updates.

Maybe it is time to update some cosmetic features. People are asking for years to hide various armor pieces, including flaps. I would love to see new designs and original outfit styles.

Since we will be able to change the music in the log in screen, why not pick the music in houses, and change the weather or time of day? Much more useful than the few seconds we spend in the log in screen.

It's time to look over the furnishing requests list people are compiling for years. How about a wayshrine furnishing? Or multi-attuned crafting stations?

Also... there are so many new things to update/change. Like more visuals for spells. I would like to change some of the visuals of the abilities my char uses. Some people were asking for a dark templar spells, or red thunder sorc... there could be many interesting ways to make old chars fun again.

The High Isle announcement falls flat because people have low expectations since W. Skyrim. The card game is something that will appeal to a niche... but the rest of the game will be short. I hope that I am mistaken and you haven't made a grand error with this new main feature. Watching the game played on stream made me realise that I might never use so much ESO time to play a minigame rather than actually do something fun in Tamriel. Even fishing seems more rewarding on long term than this... but hey... at least the artwork on those cards is amazing.

About that - how about placeable light/dark sources? Not as lamps or candles or such but "invisible" light sources. For example create dark corners or have a green light in an area and things like that.

It is doable, as I have tried to toy a little with that with one of the housing addons (can't recall the name right now) and managed to do an awesome little tomb with the darkness I put there. It would add a lot of possibilities for the creative souls that many of us are. :)
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does PC not already have a quickslot wheel for emotes? On console, we have a quickslot wheel for momentos/actions/potions/etc and a separate quickslot wheel just specifically for emotes.

nope, PC does not have the emote wheel, unless you use gamepad and the Xbox UI comes on.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good, thanks for the info, Kevin.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    Awesome stuff. The inclusion of mundus stones in the armory system is wonderful news. Nice to know the number of new mythic. Intrigued by the changes to the quick slot wheel. The increased efforts around communication are noticed and appreciated.

If we could freely change Mundus stones in the armory system, the way we now can at well-stocked guild houses, this would be huge.

Even without -- well, changing to the Steed and back could be nice. :)
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »

Does PC not already have a quickslot wheel for emotes? On console, we have a quickslot wheel for momentos/actions/potions/etc and a separate quickslot wheel just specifically for emotes.

nope, PC does not have the emote wheel, unless you use gamepad and the Xbox UI comes on.

Wow, that seems so bizarre to me. This is literally the first thing I've heard of where console actually has something PC doesn't.

That seems weird. And also poopy. I hope you guys get an emote wheel.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the Title screen music selection feature!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that seems so bizarre to me. This is literally the first thing I've heard of where console actually has something PC doesn't.

Personally don't need it - I never use emotes, and don't put anything but pots on the wheel we have.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly thats why its teabagging in cyro, no swift access to emotes. i like emotes myself. the musical and juggling ones are fun while waiting for a dolmen or a wb to regen etc. I'll be happy for it if and when it works.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Wow. That's - a lot of stuff people have asked for for years! Thanks very much for the info, @ZOS_Kevin!

That is not true at all
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    the addon LovelyEmotes gives an emote wheel to PC
  • Panachudo
    Panachudo
    ✭✭
    Can you make the new 12 piece set an 11 piece set? Using it with new mythic ring that disables bar swaps would be great. Maybe, hint hint, possibly?
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panachudo wrote: »
    Can you make the new 12 piece set an 11 piece set? Using it with new mythic ring that disables bar swaps would be great. Maybe, hint hint, possibly?

Hmmm…just use 11 pieces and replace the 12th bonus of the set with what the ring gives?
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yyjf1ewtgqs1.png

If there's such an option, it would be really cool if we could set our own titles without using an addon to make that a thing.

This would result into 90% of annoying, childish titles for sure.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will the update finally fix the Series X HDR/Brightness bug it's been broken since we next gen release. Every time you log in you need to adjust the HDR/Brightness as it's not saving your settings.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »
    yyjf1ewtgqs1.png

This would result into 90% of annoying, childish titles for sure.

Don't believe this is a thing anyway. It's "choose your own title screen music".
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see it listed on the Roadmap (or talked about anywhere on the forums), but the litany of bugfixes was really nice to see in the PTS Patch Notes.

After three years, I'd pretty much given up on seeing the Main Quest-breaking bug with "The Tharn Speaks" and the Elsweyr Prologue quests fixed. You did it!

Additionally, I'm thrilled to see that the Devs have given us a warning for when we're about to exceed the Event Ticket cap. That (and other methods to accomplish the same goal of not losing tickets due to inattention) has been a much requested QOL feature. I didn't expect it to happen. I'm glad to be proved wrong.

So thanks!
  • Panachudo
    Panachudo
    ✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Panachudo wrote: »

Hmmm…just use 11 pieces and replace the 12th bonus of the set with what the ring gives?

But the OCD will never forgive me.

• USarmydrew09
    USarmydrew09
    ✭✭✭
    Only 2 things that I really want. Increase houses capacity with furniture, And give rid of the bots on playstation 4. The rest of it's kind of cool not interested in the card game. it seems like No matter what's expansion or DLC that comes out I keep having to re outfit my character every single time gets kind of boring after 8 years.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a thread from ZOS about why no increase in furnishing limits: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512076/february-2020-furnishing-limit-status-update; along with that, there is a stream vid around somewhere in which Rich (I think) addresses some of the reasons for no uptick in furnishing limits (I'd link it, but I couldn't find it offhand - my search-fu is weak today sorry....).
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    i like this game .. and i love what they do with it.. iam looking forward to it in the future when i can afford it.. and on tip of that i will be doing other content in the game. iam behind lol..
    i think people are confused more that anything .. need more posters like this.. to help people understand.. more news liek this in game and on the webpage..

the game has alot to offer now and more maybe even in the future like see upgrades in the feel and looks of the game too and i know that might be happening in the future cross fingers,, some places a bare ,, people say lol fill it wuth grass and flowers lol but yea i think new looks and feels ,, racing be cool on mounts.. it be amazing.. cool as pie..

the poster is way more open to mind.. i can see all the info and shows me everything i need to know its good info..
    that's for this and night lol need sleep--lol
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    This looks so nice! I’m so excited about the new chapter and all the stuff being added.

For the next chapter, could we have a new class with a few more character slots :) 😅
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a request in regards to companions: Allow easier access to them. This can be done by placing an NPC in the expansion/DLC's beginning town, who asks for help for his friends. Besides this NPC will be two carts, each taking us to one of the unlock companion quest locations.

This should be done for previous, current, and future companions. So that we can unlock the companions before venturing out into the new expansion/DLC zone, and before having to mount across the entire new zone. Especially as we have to do this on all of our characters every time. This request would atleast make it more friendlier to find/unlock companions.

PS: This is not a request to no longer having to unlock each companion on different characters.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Im not happy with spanish.
    I thought russian was awful when set descriptions were missing information..and to check the it I had to look it in english. but beteen the worst the spanish translate wins, here not only the the description is weird, but also the world names changed. Summerset is Estivalia. Rivenspire-Cima Rasgada-Ripped Top, etc
    Edited by HyekAr on 13 June 2022 21:26
  • Ramei
    Ramei
    ✭✭
    I have not been given any selection of log in music,
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Ramei If you go into your settings at the login screen, you should be able to select "Audio". Once there, you should see a setting for "intro music". This dropdown will allow you to select music.

If you are not seeing this, please place a ticket for this. We can get additional assistance.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post