Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"In the Name of the King" Quest Bugged?

dlepi24
dlepi24
✭✭✭✭
I'm doing the quest "In the name of the King" and I can't get past a certain point. I've talked to all 3 of them and now I'm in the Morkul Stronghold and I've talked to the clan leader. Now I have to "aid the Morkul Clan" and it's a circle objective. I've been standing in the circle thinking maybe I had to wait and it's not completing. I've talked to every single possible person including all the merchants and crafters and no luck. I've exhausted every piece of dialogue from every NPC around in the circle and there's nothing. There's one other objective to do as well and it's to "recruit the chief of clan shatul" and nobody is there to talk to. I've talked to Glagosh and Ushruka and exhausted their dialogues. Neither of them have an objective over their heads and it seems like the person I'm supposed to talk to is missing. I'm guessing the quest is bugged and I'll abandon it and restart it but just wanted to report it.

I abandoned it and picked it back up. The people are still bugged and invisible.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 28 April 2022 20:20
  • Maleficia86
    Maleficia86
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having the same problem. I had recruited all three Chiefs, the next step was to meet the king in the tavern. The white arrow was there but no king, so I abandoned the quest, in hopes it would reset. Now when I try to recruit the chief of clan Shatul, there isn't any quest dialogue. The arrow is on the compass but not over her head. Cannot complete quest.
  • Jameser78
    Jameser78
    ✭✭
    I've had varying degrees of issues with all the DLC main quests.
  • dvogiatziseb17_ESO
    I'm on the same quest In the Name of the King, doing the part for Morkul Clan

And I cannot find see or talk to the wife of the chief Lazghal. I checked some guides and it's not there where she was supposed to be in the circle.

Any help on what am I supposed to do?

Also cannot get in-game customer support...

Thanks
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the same quest In the Name of the King, doing the part for Morkul Clan

And I cannot find see or talk to the wife of the chief Lazghal. I checked some guides and it's not there where she was supposed to be in the circle.

Any help on what am I supposed to do?

Also cannot get in-game customer support...

Thanks

I just made my way back to Orsinium the past few days and have had nothing but trouble. However, I was able to complete this quest on a different character. I checked and it's still bugged on my original character, though. I haven't been able to see AoE ground effects in PvE (including solo instances), game crashes over and over again while trying to traverse the main city Wrothgar. The customer support told me it was my internet connection and I should open my ports, lol. Apparently my internet is the reason the game is loading default pink and black textures, 5-10 fps and multiple crashes within minutes. Apparently my "internet connection" is only junk in that one city, though.
  • BlackguardBob
    BlackguardBob
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having the same problem. I had recruited all three Chiefs, the next step was to meet the king in the tavern. The white arrow was there but no king, so I abandoned the quest, in hopes it would reset. Now when I try to recruit the chief of clan Shatul, there isn't any quest dialogue. The arrow is on the compass but not over her head. Cannot complete quest.

I had problems with this too but I have finished this quest.

Try this.

For the king to appear in the tavern, log out and then back in and wait for him to appear. Try leaving the tavern by the top door and entering in the lower level door and then go upstairs.

For the female Orc in the tent who does not respond, go back outside and nearby in this camp there is a male Orc (cannot remember his name) who you should speak with. He has no marker over his head but he is someone you have previously interacted with. Again you may have to wait a minute or so for him to spawn in.

Hope this helps.

• Ellgolas
    Ellgolas
    Soul Shriven
    There is a side quest for Morkul where you save the someone for them, that will unlock the Chief for Morkul. The quest has Morkul in the name and is a "dungeon" area with Morkul in the name I think. I tried to remeber best I can
  • aussiee13
    aussiee13
    Soul Shriven
    2 years later and it's still bugged.................
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that when I did this quest, I completed the helping part on Morkul Descent and Morkuldin before going to the clan, and it completed the quest just fine.
  • TerrbearSF
    TerrbearSF
    Soul Shriven
    aussiee13 wrote: »
    2 years later and it's still bugged.................

Six years later and it's still bugged.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is nearly six years old, we've decided to close the thread. If you need further help, please feel free to start a new thread in the Bug Report forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.