Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Is the Zone Guide working or is it autocompleting?

• AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Yes, I think the built in sky shard indicators track accurately, the main limitation is that you have to get quite close before they show (I was testing in that same delve last week, you have to be in the delve and about halfway to the shard before it shows)

That's always been the case for me. I only see skyshard indicators when I'm quite close to the shard.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grizzbeorn wrote: »
    What I am also seeing, beyond skyshards, regarding the map and its Zone Guide legend... all characters are being shown in the legend as having completed delves, dolmens, and World Bosses completed by your other characters that they have not completed themselves, though the icons on the map are still black for the ones they haven't.

I just noticed the same on my screenshot. The legend shows them completed, even though some of them haven't even been discovered on the map yet.

• Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After the mess on the pts and the slightly conflicting replies here, please could someone perhaps post some screenshots of a zone guide from the perspective of different characters so it is possible to see? Ta.

Can't help you with what happens when you go up to things (I think other posters have talked about that) but one character that's done some blackwood, one who hasn't even gone to it:

dr0kfwq3q415.jpg

0sx38vm1c0vv.jpg

Edited by Northwold on 14 March 2022 20:17
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So yes, I think this is still the same as it was on PTS. Zone guide tells you it’s (delves, dolmens, world bosses) done, even if it hasn’t been discovered on the currently logged in character IF you have any other character who did complete it. Icon on the map will be black until you get close enough to discover it and then it will automatically switch to white regardless (so if you approach an inactive dolmen, either stay there until it comes up or make sure you do the associated dailies to be sure, definitely don’t log out if you care about whether you have or have not completed one of these and may switch to a different character tomorrow).
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, it’s a mess?

Is this really what was intended @ZOS_Kevin?
    Really?!
    Edited by SerafinaWaterstar on 14 March 2022 22:32
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had a brand new Lv1 character sitting in tutorial this morning.
    I logged in to my main, who has been around since launch and done it all.
    Took my new alt, (without the new AwA add ons), and ran through Stonefalls, border to border. Here is my findings~

ZONE GUIDE~ Showed Delvs, WB, and Dolmans as all done. On map they were black, but all I had to do is ride by the edge of the "cell", and it would click as done.

PUBLIC DUNGEONS~ After enter, all bosses marked done.
    GROUP DUNGEONS~ Normal, no change
    THIEVES TROVES~ Got a Trove, even though I am in first zone. Show's I have Thieves Guild and DB active.
    CAMPFIRE~ Done
    FISHING~ All rare fish already caught and done.

I didn't run into any NPC's with the dialog changes though. I forgot where they are.. Lol...
    Just my 2 drakes....
    Huzzah!
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on 14 March 2022 23:40
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Took my new alt, (without the new AwA add ons), and ran through Stonefalls, border to border. Here is my findings~

ZONE GUIDE~ Showed Delvs, WB, and Dolmans as all done. On map they were black, but all I had to do is ride by the edge of the "cell", and it would click as done.

THIEVES TROVES~ Got a Trove, even though I am in first zone. Show's I have Thieves Guild and DB active.
    CAMPFIRE~ Done

I didn't run into any NPC's with the dialog changes though. I forgot where they are.. Lol...
    Just my 2 drakes....
    Huzzah!

If you find any, post them, and also do a bug report in game. We should document where they all are so we can keep track if things are changed or not, or if we can convince ZOS to fix them.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »

CAMPFIRE~ Done

Just my 2 drakes....
    Huzzah!

If you find any, post them, and also do a bug report in game. We should document where they all are so we can keep track if things are changed or not, or if we can convince ZOS to fix them.

Will do!!
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's always been the case. As long as you own the Thieves Guild DLC or have ESO+ active all your characters can open thieves troves. If I remember correctly opening the first one also unlocks the skill line on the character, but they can't progress it without starting the quests.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

That's always been the case. As long as you own the Thieves Guild DLC or have ESO+ active all your characters can open thieves troves. If I remember correctly opening the first one also unlocks the skill line on the character, but they can't progress it without starting the quests.

Ahhhh.. Did not know that. Lol. Ive had it so long I forgot. Thank You!
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can you still do a delve/wb/dolmen even if shown as done when character hasn’t done it - and get the xp?
    Edited by SerafinaWaterstar on 15 March 2022 09:55
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So can you still do a delve/wb/dolmen even if shown as done when character hasn’t done it - and get the xp?

I do not think you'll get the big xp bump like you used to for doing it the first time on a particular character IF one of your other characters has already done it.

I did a Harrowstorm on my current alt this morning, and my xp bar barely moved, when I should have gotten quite a chunk.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Took my new alt, (without the new AwA add ons), and ran through Stonefalls, border to border.

New AwA add-ons?
      Which ones are those?
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • wenchmore420b14_ESO
        wenchmore420b14_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »
        Took my new alt, (without the new AwA add ons), and ran through Stonefalls, border to border.

New AwA add-ons?
        Which ones are those?

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3321.html
        https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3322-CharacterAchievements.html
        https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3323-CharacterZoneTracker.html

A Big thanks to @code65536 and @silvereyes for these 11th hour add ons to save alt history.
        Huzzah!
        Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on 15 March 2022 14:59
        #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• SerafinaWaterstar
        SerafinaWaterstar
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        And for those on console?