Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PC/NA] -- *Rebuilding our GUILD (yet again) ...LF more players

NeeScrolls
NeeScrolls
✭✭✭✭
Greetings, if anyone's looking for a chill (technically "casual" ) type guild over on the NA mega-server, feel free to check our recruitment thread here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/470164/kom-knights-of-masser-from-2014-beta-is-back-and-recruiting-again-na-casual/p1 ....and lmk if you wanna help out with "only" our 3rd rebuild in 7 years B)

Thanks! -- regards, @ Nee (in-game)

p.s. Keep in mind since recent 'Update 29' , certain guild functions (like 'offline last played' and 'applications' ) are a bit wonky cuz of this BUG: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7156841#Comment_7156841 ...but so far, at least for us, all applications notifications have worked fine. Plus, the bug should be fixed in a week or so (hopefully) .
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 24 January 2022 23:05
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even with the recent 'Deadlands' update & everything , we are still indeed looking/building. Always nice to add more like-minded members whenever we can yep.

So for anyone interested, please see link to our GUILD thread in my sig below, thanks!
  • jivefly
    jivefly
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not gonna lie, every time I've tried to play this game, it's like pulling teeth trying to get people to group up for anything, so it's left me quite a bit salty about the entire experience. I'd like to join a guild, and get back into the game, but I don't want to bother if no one is going to want to group up for questing and delving and dungeon crawling in an MMO.

I haven't played ESO in a long while because, even after having joined several guilds, I can't seem to find anyone that actually wants to group up for anything. They'd rather do it by themselves. This is an MMO, people.. I see thousands of people running around all over this game, 98% of them all by themselves.. I mean, I can do that in games purpose made for single player that have far experiences tailored to that in every way, shape and form.

I see hundreds of threads here with people looking to group with others, and absolutely no replies to them, despite hundreds or even thousands of views. I see clans absolutely full of people all playing by themselves. That's not a good look for this community. Grouping is not incentivized enough, and/or people are just completely toxic and antisocial. I would LOVE to enjoy this game with other people throughout the entire experience, not just the end-game, but that doesn't seem possible with this community. No one wants to group for quests, for delves or dungeons.

Back in the day when I played WoW, we grouped up for everything, and played through all of the content together because that was the point. In Destiny 2, people group up for almost everything. It's incentivized beyond anything else. Even in near dead games like Division 2 and Ghost Recon Breakpoint, with just a couple thousand people on at any given time, it is far easier to group up for random content than it is in this game, a full blown MMO with, from every time I've played, many, many, many thousands of people playing.

Why pay a subscription and buy expansions to play an online game purpose built for multiplayer, with subpar graphics and combat as compared to most modern single player games, when I can just go play single player games and get the same experience? Pointless..

So, my question is, if I were to get back into this game, do you honestly think anything would be different from my previous experiences with it? Do people in your guild group up for questing, delves, things like that? You know, get on voice chat, or even just text chat and be sociable and have fun while questing? Because that's my previous experiences with other multiplayer games, but this game doesn't seem to pull that out of its player base for some reason.

Thanks

• NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    jivefly wrote: »
    , every time I've tried to play this game, it's like pulling teeth trying to get people to group up for anything, so it's left me quite a bit salty about the entire experience.

Why pay a subscription and buy expansions to play an online game purpose built for multiplayer, with subpar graphics and combat as compared to most modern single player games, when I can just go play single player games and get the same experience?
    Probably because those other "modern games" aren't Elder Scrolls and therefore won't actually be the "same experience" per each individual gamer. Regardless, that somewhat rhetorical but very valid question is probably better left to be asked/discussed in another forum thread & section: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/general-discussion
    So, my question is, if I were to get back into this game, do you honestly think anything would be different from my previous experiences with it?
    Frankly, i have no idea. As GM for going on 9 years now, i have never presumed to be the arbitor-of-fun for my guildmates. That's Zenimax's job. ;)

All i can do is provide a comfortable & creative GUILD for members to relax & thrive within.
    Do people in your guild group up for questing, delves, things like that?
    Yep. Everyday since 2013 beta...with freedom to consider the particular moment & circumstances (so never out of obligation, demand, nor requirement) .
    , get on voice chat, or even just text chat and be sociable and have fun while questing?
    Sometimes, in our 'Discord' channels. But it's all game-related (never any RL topics nor anything remotely toxic) and tbqh i personally despise voice-comms (unless during PVP or some difficult VET Trial boss fight) , so i don't even own a *mic* .

Consequently, if you're looking for a true "social" type guild, you'll most likely be disappointed in us lol . We're a very chill crew and, while some members do like to chit-chat from time to time, most of us are usually too busy, you know, playing the game. Plus i mean, when i'm feeling social, i just goto EARTH....not ESO. B)

Anyways, thanks for posting and hopefully my brutal/blunt honesty doesn't dissuade you from maybe trying things out again. Either way, depending upon your platform, you might also wanna check out the in-game guild finder tool (if you haven't already) as well as of course the in-game 'group finder' queue.

p.s. If you have the 'Blackwood' chapter, and you're still struggling to find people to group with you, there is another OPTION: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/60015 ....for you to consider in certain situations.

Edited by NeeScrolls on 22 November 2021 00:52
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there is already a thread open in the PC/N Guild recruitment forum, we've decided to close this discussion going forward. The existing thread can be found here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.