Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Event - What am I Missing?

MJ202
MJ202
✭✭✭✭
Unlike the last event series, where it was easy to receive and complete each daily, one after the other, I'm apparently missing something thing with the new series which started yesterday. I obtained and completed one event yesterday and after that, nothing.

Trying again today I can't seem to find any NPC which offers additional daily events. Certainly this isn't a one and done and then sit and watch for the next 14 days.

So what am I overlooking here?

Best Answer

• Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you did the quest that you pick up at the impresario? The remaining event quests are just zone dailies for Clockwork City, Vvardenfell, and Summerset.
    Answer ✓
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, the lead in quest doesn't even give a ticket. For tickets you have to do a daily in each of two of the zones, and if I'm not mistaken, all three zones require setup quests to open the dailies.

@BenevolentBowd made a post the other day about how to get started - couldn't find it just now, still checking.... Ah.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7496880

[Edit to add link, and for wrong person ID - obviously not enough coffee....]
    Edited by Sylvermynx on 21 January 2022 14:27
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference is that this is just a "zone anniversary" event, not one of the Major Holidays.

So that quest at the Impressario is just the pointer quest to remind that the event is going, not part of the event.

And there isn't a Holiday Quest Hub, because it's just a zone anniversary. So the zone(s) in question are the "hub".

(back before there were so many DLC, it was easier to tell. Because it was just "the Wrothgar event" or "the Thieves Guild event". They didn't have to package up a bunch of zones into one event and give it a Big Fancy Title which makes people think it's a Big Fancy Event, when it's not.)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event is doing daily quests in Summerset, and also in either Vvardenfell or Clockwork City.

Per day...

The first daily quest from one of those zones, as well as the trial weekly quests for those zones, that is turned in will grant a special reward box (Glorious Daedric War Spoils) and an event ticket. This can be in any of the three zones. Additional daily or weekly quests in that zone will just reward normal reward boxes (Daedric War Spoils).

The second daily or weekly quest turned in depends on where the first one was turned in. If it was Summerset, then it can be either Vvardenfell or Clockwork City. If it was not Summerset, then it has to be Summerset. It will reward an event ticket and a normal event reward box.

Additionally, in those zones, the normal event reward box drops from bosses, and there is a chance to drop from any mob or
    resource that is killed.
    Edited by Elsonso on 21 January 2022 14:36
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJ202 wrote: »
    Unlike the last event series, where it was easy to receive and complete each daily, one after the other, I'm apparently missing something thing with the new series which started yesterday. I obtained and completed one event yesterday and after that, nothing.

Trying again today I can't seem to find any NPC which offers additional daily events. Certainly this isn't a one and done and then sit and watch for the next 14 days.

@BenevolentBowd has pages on his web site about the daily quests in Clockwork City, Summerset, and Vvardenfell:
    https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-clockwork-city-do-you-know-about-the-daily-and-weekly-quests/
    https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-summerset-do-you-know-about-the-daily-and-weekly-quests/
    https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-vvardenfell-do-you-know-about-the-daily-and-weekly-quests/

Do one daily quest in Summerset to get one event ticket per day. Do one daily quest in either Clockwork City or Vvardenfell to get one event ticket per day. Two event tickets maximum per day.

• Lalocat
    Lalocat
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    IIRC, the lead in quest doesn't even give a ticket. For tickets you have to do a daily in each of two of the zones, and if I'm not mistaken, all three zones require setup quests to open the dailies.

@BenevolentBowd made a post the other day about how to get started - couldn't find it just now, still checking.... Ah.

That's just maps for the delves.

I looked at a couple guides before the event started and they ALL had wrong info. And not even the same wrong info.

For example, the guide linked on the official website says there are no prerequisite quests for all 4 clockwork city dailies. Two have no prereq, for one you have to complete both delve quests in the zone, and the other some (large?) amount of the main story quest.

It also says no prereq for all three Summerset dailies. True for two of them, and the third is locked behind the story again.

A different guide says you need to complete the story quest in Clockwork City to unlock all dailies there. 25% correct. And agrees with the other guide that all three Summerset dailies have no prereq.

Both these guides claim to be for the 2022 event.

It's no wonder people are confused. This is typical with the info available for this game though.
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ingenon wrote: »
    MJ202 wrote: »

@BenevolentBowd has pages on his web site about the daily quests in Clockwork City, Summerset, and Vvardenfell:
    https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-clockwork-city-do-you-know-about-the-daily-and-weekly-quests/
    https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-summerset-do-you-know-about-the-daily-and-weekly-quests/
    https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-vvardenfell-do-you-know-about-the-daily-and-weekly-quests/

Do one daily quest in Summerset to get one event ticket per day. Do one daily quest in either Clockwork City or Vvardenfell to get one event ticket per day. Two event tickets maximum per day.

I think someone should be able to get both tickets in one of the 3 zones. If someone wants both tickets, they need to have at least 2 of the 3 zones. 😕
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lalocat wrote: »

I looked at a couple guides before the event started and they ALL had wrong info. And not even the same wrong info.

For example, the guide linked on the official website says there are no prerequisite quests for all 4 clockwork city dailies. Two have no prereq, for one you have to complete both delve quests in the zone, and the other some (large?) amount of the main story quest.

It also says no prereq for all three Summerset dailies. True for two of them, and the third is locked behind the story again.

A different guide says you need to complete the story quest in Clockwork City to unlock all dailies there. 25% correct. And agrees with the other guide that all three Summerset dailies have no prereq.

It's no wonder people are confused. This is typical with the info available for this game though.

While they are incorrect, it generally does not matter for this event. The location in Brass Fortress, Vivec City, and Alinor that hands out daily quests will provide a daily quest suitable for doing this event every day. All that is required for two tickets per day is that you can get to Alinor and at least one of the other two.

If you want a variety of things to do, then that is where unlocking the daily quests becomes more important.
    Edited by Elsonso on 21 January 2022 14:52
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lalocat wrote: »

Thanks for the shoutout and for the feedback.

I checked my articles and they mention which dailies are unlocked and which ones are locked. All three explain what you need to unlock them but two don't provide information on actually how to unlock them.

I have added the links for the Ashlander quests and a link to the Clockwork Main questlines for the Crows.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    The Vivec City dailies and the Summerset ones no longer need a quest to be completed. I've used a new PVP character on them from yesterday. Clockwork still requires completion, I find that a total pia, boring, boring, boring. The Vvard Ashlander one needs a quest but it's short and sweet
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm lucky. I enjoy the Clockwork City quest line, and have two characters who have completed it. I also have the inventory space to save items up for Bursar of Tributes quests. And I've trained several Antiquarians, so I dug a lot of crow-desired items out of the ground.

Thus the non-Summerset part of the event is very very easy for me. :)

To make it easier to save that stuff, I haven't done Covetous Countess quests for a few years.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on 21 January 2022 22:45
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey ZoS. This thread even existing goes to show the confusion for some of your events. Be nice if you would do a better job of explaining the events in game. I am assuming a lot of your player base are not vets.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just like previous events, having a separate quest that is only one time only (and is different than the daily quests in zone) has been confusing to players.

I guess the idea is that it leads them to the correct zone to get the dailies, but instead they expect to do that same quest every day.

Can you add some special icon on the map like the Impresario’s tent to show people where to go to get the dailies instead?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4 dailies in Clockwork City? I only see 3, one of which is not available until you clear a delve.
    PC
    PS4/PS5