The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO+ and you

• Melivar
    Melivar
    ✭✭✭
    30 day membership
    30 day now. I used to be on the 180 plan but makes it much harder to vote with the wallet when things don't make me happy if I have already paid for 3 more months.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    180 day membership
    Zuboko wrote: »
    I would go for the year long but in my country for some reason the yearly one is more expensive than twice the 6 month one, heck it even more than 4x the 3 month!!!
    1 month:19,99x12= 239,88$
    3 month:41,99$x4=167,96$
    6 month:77,99$x 2= 155,98$
    12 month=172,99$
    I see no reason to justify that 20$ out of my pocket so i stick to 6 month

@Dark_Lord_Kuro Your prices seem to be a bit off.
    From the ESO store directly
    cc4fbd026c6f98776025f96bbc2d8806.jpg

From the Steam Store
    99aa536a2b57c85c378feb3189d70ce3.jpg

They might have changed since you last looked at them.
    From the psn in canada
    17e7e69c11649-screenshotUrl.jpg
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on 21 January 2022 21:07
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 day membership
    Mostly because of some "brilliant" ideas that combat team used to have, I just like to have an option to vote with my wallet.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use it at all (i use it only when it's free)
    Kessra wrote: »
    So, ESO+ is convenient but is for sure not the most cost-effective method on how to play the game :)

<goblin>Time is money, friend</goblin>

(seriously, all the juggling you'd have to do with those banks; plus the way crafting mats automatically go to, and are pulled from, the craft bag... it's not worth the supposed "savings" you're claiming. It's also ignoring that if you're using these 5 private guilds for bank space, you're not in any 'real' guilds. Not a problem for me, but seems like it would be for most.)
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 day membership
    I choose the minimum option. There are times when I don't have anything to look forward to in ESO. Which is usually when my trial guild takes a break, and PvP being in the current state it is.

So gotta be always ready to pull the plug.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    30 day membership
    i only do 30 days at a time. its much easier for figuring out my budget month to month. also its a lot easier to drop $15 than it is $100+.
    Edited by JJOtterBear on 22 January 2022 03:57
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    365 day membership
    I prefer to pay for a year in advance, but I'm currently getting a monthly sub because I couldn't afford to get the yearly one when I needed to update my sub, so it's slightly more manageable for me right now, even if it technically isn't cheaper.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90 day membership
    Lysette wrote: »
    I prefer 1 month because if I do 3 months like I used to I use my crowns too fast and then have a long wait before I get more. I know I can purchase crowns but I've only done that a handful of times and don't want to make it a habit.

There is a solution to it, which I am using - a prepaid non-reoccurring payment method - you get all the crowns immediately after paying and it simply adds the time to your already running ESO+ time - it is very convenient. It doesn't fix the using crowns too fast effect though, I have normally used mine pretty much the day after already - but that is ok, I can add more ESO+ time anytime and get crowns, if I need some - and spending them is enhancing my gameplay and enjoyment of the game - having them on the wallet though does not.

Like I had no crowns left and then I came across that snow globe house - hm, a unique idea for a house and it isn't too big on the inside, but on different floor levels, and so I added 3 months ESO+ to my already existing 2+ months and got me that house, which is getting really nice and cosy - I'm nearly done decorating it - a jewelry station is missing still, but I will get one soon to make it complete (for my purposes).

That would just make things worse. If I did 3 months, used up the crowns in a week, added 3 more months to my existing sub then used those crowns up in another week then I'd have 6 months to wait for my next crowns. And every time I did that it would extend my wait time by 3 more months.

I am much better off doing monthly and using my self control to try not to use them up so fast.

what wait time, there is none - you can add eso+ time this way at any time and it just adds it to your remaining days - it is the most convenient way, if you don't count that you have to actually buy it every time by hand - as it is non-reoccurring.

Just to be clear, I did not suggest to use it in addition to a reoccurring sub - but instead of it. This way your self-control issue is helped as well, as you need to get the prepaid code (or whatever it is) first - that is time for you to think about, if you really want to do it or not.

I was without ESO+ for a short while, missed costume dyes, DLC access - crafting bag was not an issue for the time being, but that I have to take out those 3 extra ingredients by hand to complete alchemy writs was annoying - it is automatic with ESO+ - and gathering stuff is more fun if is immediately going to the crafting bag - my characters are quite full inventory-wise without ESO+, but need just about 30-40 slots with ESO+ each - so yeah, ESO+ is great and imo a fair offer as it is - the service costs money and someone has to pay for it.
    Edited by Lysette on 22 January 2022 10:01
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    365 day membership
    365 days as it is the cheapest, and allows me not to worry about when it expires. As long as ZOS does nothing drastic to ruin my overall enjoyment of the game, I'm not going anywhere.

PS: ZOS please fix the 1 second delay when unsheathing weapons, currently this is the most annoying thing in the game!
    PPS: Currently the second most annoying bug is the dual wield skill shrouded daggers, it does not bounce off of dying targets. So please lower the cost to 1/3rd to compensate, atleast until the bug is fixed.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paid a year in advance, with my current sub running out in August. However ZOS showed zero respect for paying customers by removing my primary content - objective based PVP so last year will be the last time I invest as I no longer trust their development approach.
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on 22 January 2022 10:45
  • Kessra
    Kessra
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I definitely go through that many resources, doing writs on 18 (or 36 characters that I did for years) grinds though those mats. With the material return of doing writs, much of it goes right back into the craft bag, but to actually use 10k materials without the replacement (at an average of about 40 per character per day) only is a few days. It's a waste of game time (and real life time) to buy those materials, deposit into guild banks, move them around (especially on my "main" account which is in trading guilds, trials guilds, etc, so wouldn't be in all 5 "guild bank guilds")

If you have 10k materials stored and do crafting dailies on each of your 18 toons each day, that stock lasts you for two weeks at least if you don't replensih your resources. With all those surveys you got for turning in those that demand though is easily collectible though in my experience. As such, if you collect those surveys once a week i.e. the demand for the whole week is probably covered easily. 5k burn per ore/wood/fabric would be 25 stacks, making up 100 necessary inventory/bank/guild bank space required for those 4 crafting professions. If you add up alchemy, enchanting and cooking there is still room in a guild bank to store additional items.

As mentioned multiple times now, it is mostly convenience. You don't need to take care of storing those items explicitely somewhere and can directly craft out of your bag and you don't need to spend a thought about how much space those materials might require. But with the right organization (i.e. through addons) it's not like that kind of management would take years.
    It's also ignoring that if you're using these 5 private guilds for bank space, you're not in any 'real' guilds. Not a problem for me, but seems like it would be for most.)

And trading guilds are "real" guilds in that case? At least those tradeguilds I have been in the only conversations was like: MM for item X please.

In the end it's the players decision on how they want to play the game :) Some people here don't get the point what I was trying to show up. They reduce my post obviously to a "that's a better way to play the game" which was never my intention. It was just a food of thought. I'm not sure why everyone things their kind of gameplay is the only valid one. If you don't like it it's fine, just move on and do what you enjoy :)

• Lalocat
    Lalocat
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to go with the one month. Why am I sharing this fascinating information with the forums? I will tell you:

When you try to "downgrade" a subscription for example go from 3 months to 1 month they charge you the difference. So, for example, I have two days left on my sub, I go to the website to resub and immediately get a notification that someone is trying to take one euro (€1) out of my bank account. What. Why?? I paid for those three months (or two days, depending on how you look at it) already. Why on earth would I be charged extra for the current time remaining when trying to buy more time for the future?

Anyone know if you get an immediate refund on current time if you make your sub longer? ...
    Edited by Lalocat on 22 January 2022 15:19
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    365 day membership
    From the psn in canada

That's so weird, did someone mess up on the pricing? Or is there some kind of discount on psn? Here's steams:

plus.PNG
    Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    Stamsorc DPS (Master Crafter)
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    And last.. but not least another crafter!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use it at all (i use it only when it's free)
    It's also ignoring that if you're using these 5 private guilds for bank space, you're not in any 'real' guilds. Not a problem for me, but seems like it would be for most.)

And trading guilds are "real" guilds in that case? At least those tradeguilds I have been in the only conversations was like: MM for item X please.

Trial guilds, pvp guilds, social guilds, trade guilds... all those things people keep making "we need MOAR GUILD SLOTS!" thread about. /shrug
    In the end it's the players decision on how they want to play the game :) Some people here don't get the point what I was trying to show up. They reduce my post obviously to a "that's a better way to play the game" which was never my intention. It was just a food of thought. I'm not sure why everyone things their kind of gameplay is the only valid one. If you don't like it it's fine, just move on and do what you enjoy :)

I didn't say you were saying "better way", or "not valid", or that "my way" (whatever that is) is "the only valid one". I was objecting to your saying it was more "cost effective". Because time is a cost, too, and your method involves a lot of time juggling banks/accounts/etc. Yes, it's cheaper from a strictly $ standpoint. But I don't think it's necessarily cheaper when you include all factors. Difference of opinion. Eh, whatever.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    365 day membership
    Lalocat wrote: »
    I decided to go with the one month. Why am I sharing this fascinating information with the forums? I will tell you:

When you try to "downgrade" a subscription for example go from 3 months to 1 month they charge you the difference. So, for example, I have two days left on my sub, I go to the website to resub and immediately get a notification that someone is trying to take one euro (€1) out of my bank account. What. Why?? I paid for those three months (or two days, depending on how you look at it) already. Why on earth would I be charged extra for the current time remaining when trying to buy more time for the future?

Anyone know if you get an immediate refund on current time if you make your sub longer? ...

That is a "test charge" to make sure that the payment method is valid. Typically, this charge will be "pending", meaning it is logged against any limits, but not something you have to pay. It goes away after a few days.

When you buy ESO Plus, there are no refunds or credits applied if you change your mind. If you switch to a different subscription, the current one continues and when it renews, it renews with the new subscription.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    365 day membership
    I definitely go through that many resources, doing writs on 18 (or 36 characters that I did for years) grinds though those mats. With the material return of doing writs, much of it goes right back into the craft bag, but to actually use 10k materials without the replacement (at an average of about 40 per character per day) only is a few days. It's a waste of game time (and real life time) to buy those materials, deposit into guild banks, move them around (especially on my "main" account which is in trading guilds, trials guilds, etc, so wouldn't be in all 5 "guild bank guilds")

If you have 10k materials stored and do crafting dailies on each of your 18 toons each day, that stock lasts you for two weeks at least if you don't replensih your resources. With all those surveys you got for turning in those that demand though is easily collectible though in my experience. As such, if you collect those surveys once a week i.e. the demand for the whole week is probably covered easily. 5k burn per ore/wood/fabric would be 25 stacks, making up 100 necessary inventory/bank/guild bank space required for those 4 crafting professions. If you add up alchemy, enchanting and cooking there is still room in a guild bank to store additional items.

As mentioned multiple times now, it is mostly convenience. You don't need to take care of storing those items explicitely somewhere and can directly craft out of your bag and you don't need to spend a thought about how much space those materials might require. But with the right organization (i.e. through addons) it's not like that kind of management would take years.

I'm very aware of the materials used in doing daily writs crafting :smile: I've even done it w/o plus on the alt account, which could be in 4 storage guilds that I couldn't do on my main. So I have absolutely zero questions or need how the process works explained.

It's simply not worth the time (to me), as I mentioned multiple times, for something that costs less than 3 hours of work a year, and comes with many, many, many other benefits.

The OP was asking "ESO+ and you" implying how I use ESO+, I've answered that.
    Edited by tmbrinks on 22 January 2022 16:36
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    365 day membership
    I only have time to play one MMO at once. So a yearly subscription is more cost effective. I like the benefits of ESO+, wouldn't say no if they added more, and would be kind of disappointed if the model was eliminated and I had to go back and buy that stuff separately. Even though I know it is a "rental," I have been Subscribing for so long that it would almost feel like bait and switch if I had to then buy the DLCs and craft bag and whatnot. Unless they made it REALLLLLLY cheap. Or gifted them to longtime subscribers or something.

Even with ad hoc Crown purchases I kind of "subscribe." I buy them when they go on sale and typically don't make any impulse purchases throughout the year.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    30 day membership
    I only use it once, and only 1 month, cz I bought whole dlc and part directly
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    180 day membership
    aurorable wrote: »
    From the psn in canada

That's so weird, did someone mess up on the pricing? Or is there some kind of discount on psn? Here's steams:

plus.PNG

It been like this for years so that would be a loooong discount
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭
    365 day membership
    So from statistics so far, players mostly play with sub.
    Which raises the question: why in oblivion crown crates are still in the game?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    365 day membership
    ive_wonder wrote: »

I think a majority of forum users sub (I know there are many who do not before somebody says something). Forum users tend to be those that are more invested in the game.

I would guess the players not on the forums are less likely to be subs.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    365 day membership
    ive_wonder wrote: »

I think a majority of forum users sub (I know there are many who do not before somebody says something). Forum users tend to be those that are more invested in the game.

My impression is that ESO Plus is used by considerably more than half of the players. I also think that usage of ESO Plus is more stable outside of social media influences, so less "rage quit' situations due to social suggestion.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭
    365 day membership

Why would anyone not invested in the game choose to put money into a crown crates?
    Especially in amounts that justify said crates existence

Edited by ive_wonder on 23 January 2022 18:00
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    365 day membership
    A lot more people have the year long sub option than I expected.