The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Regarding the Map and possible QOL feature?

Subjectcrank
Subjectcrank
✭✭
Is there a way to have the map show only owned Content? If not would it be worth it to have a selection in options to only show owned content in the map guide thingy? There is so much and with doing map unlocks and quests would be nice to cross reference what is owned and what is not. But I suppose this would seem mostly best for the non subscribers lol just an idea though, if it’s already implemented could anyone let me know how it functions thanks!!
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to have the map show only owned Content? If not would it be worth it to have a selection in options to only show owned content in the map guide thingy? There is so much and with doing map unlocks and quests would be nice to cross reference what is owned and what is not. But I suppose this would seem mostly best for the non subscribers lol just an idea though, if it’s already implemented could anyone let me know how it functions thanks!!

I doubt that would happen. What better way to advertise to someone about the extra content they could get than to make it visible every time you open the map?
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a real pain when you cant even click on a cities wayshrine because theres so much clutter.

Theres already plenty of in game advertising, they do not need to use the map for it too. And a lot of the clutter is base game content.

We need toggles at the Tamriel view for...
    -turn off all dungeons
    -turn off all complete dungeons
    -turn off all houses
    -turn off unowned houses

Most of the annoying dungeons and houses that overlap the important city wayshrines aren't for dlcs- they're base game stuff li,e the Wayrest Sewers dungeon and Gardener House.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax likely see they have a vested interest in having us see everything to entice us to sub or buy the DLC.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least on PC, there should be multiple addons that allow customizing which map pins appear on the map

im sure my map is way more cluttered because i add even more pins on the map lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Tiedän
    Tiedän
    ✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    It's a real pain when you cant even click on a cities wayshrine because theres so much clutter.

Theres already plenty of in game advertising, they do not need to use the map for it too. And a lot of the clutter is base game content.

We need toggles at the Tamriel view for...
    -turn off all dungeons
    -turn off all complete dungeons
    -turn off all houses
    -turn off unowned houses

Most of the annoying dungeons and houses that overlap the important city wayshrines aren't for dlcs- they're base game stuff li,e the Wayrest Sewers dungeon and Gardener House.

The entire map of Tamriel in general needs a complete overall anyway considering that it’s not entirely accurate regarding several regions (The holds of Winterhold and The Pale north of Windhelm in Skyrim, Blacklight and the entire left arm of Morrowind, Central Elsweyr/ Tenmar Forest etc..)

I agree with your point of ‘too much clutter’ though, mostly when you’re looking at the entirety of Tamriel and not zoomed into a specific zone. The option to toggle the individual types of map icons would be a refreshing, personalized touch for every player. I would almost even prefer no icons at all from the ‘world view’ of the map and just have a detailed topographical map of Tamriel instead. One could then zoom into the specific zone you want to go to in order to see your wayshrines, house icons, dungeons etc… here’s hoping there’s at least some improvements to the map sometime soon!
    Edited by Tiedän on 22 January 2022 00:32
    "Battle-Born is a name out of legend, sung in the songs of old and heard in deeds of valor for a hundred generations. 'For Clan Battle-Born!' they cry in the mead halls. 'First into the fray and last to quit their ale!'" - Olfrid Battle-Born
    PC/Mac - NA
    Thian Battle-Born - Nord Stamina DK DPS
    Alynu Dreth - Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Reeh-Jah Nisar - Argonian Stamina Nightblade DPS
    Eraldil Riverrun - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
    Tsavani Khanai - Khajit Magicka Templar DPS
    Laila The Huntress - Nord Stamina DK Tank
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiedän wrote: »

The entire map of Tamriel in general needs a complete overall anyway considering that it’s not entirely accurate regarding several regions (The holds of Winterhold and The Pale north of Windhelm in Skyrim, Blacklight and the entire left arm of Morrowind, Central Elsweyr/ Tenmar Forest etc..)

I agree with your point of ‘too much clutter’ though, mostly when you’re looking at the entirety of Tamriel and not zoomed into a specific zone. The option to toggle the individual types of map icons would be a refreshing, personalized touch for every player. I would almost even prefer no icons at all from the ‘world view’ of the map and just have a detailed topographical map of Tamriel instead. One could then zoom into the specific zone you want to go to in order to see your wayshrines, house icons, dungeons etc… here’s hoping there’s at least some improvements to the map sometime soon!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584604/i-remade-the-map-this-time-everything-is-perfect#latest
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭
    I just would like to see content I have so I can complete and then figure out what content to BUY next Lol. In general I don’t mind the map but being able to see what i own outright to what I do not would be extremely helpful at least to me.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get what you mean by "owned content".... Do you mean DLCs you've bought?
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I don't get what you mean by "owned content".... Do you mean DLCs you've bought?

Yes for the non subscriber types due to technicality’s it would be nice to have the option to see only the expansion and content bought out of the store on the map Only. That way I can get through the content I own before buying another DLC or expansion. The game plays like a very large story and is extremely immersive with that it’s like buying books you read the books and cover what you own before you buy the next book. That is how I see it at least. And yea I also have been to places where I see housing I don’t own that is pretty annoying as well on the map. Yeah it’s nice to know it’s there but if it is the ones I cannot buy because I missed the event or it’s not in the store then why is it showing up on the map Lol