Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maintenance on event last day

vgabor
vgabor
✭✭✭✭✭
We will have maintenance downtime starting at 4am EST/ 11am CEST on Nov. 30th.

We anticipate this maintenance concluding by 7am EST/2pm CEST.

@ZOS_Kevin How about doing it after the event finished?
  • Ravenear
    Ravenear
    ✭✭
    Or extend event one more day.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has unfortunately become a ZOS staple: doing long maintenance on the last event day, to prevent players from getting the last tickets...
    I have no idea why ZOS finds this absolutely, completely unavoidable...

So when you count the amount of days that you might have to gather tickets, always subtract one.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has unfortunately become a ZOS staple: doing long maintenance on the last event day, to prevent players from getting the last tickets...
    I have no idea why ZOS finds this absolutely, completely unavoidable...

So when you count the amount of days that you might have to gather tickets, always subtract one.

Just for PC/EU, I would like to emphasize
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU misses out again "/
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we understand that the maintenance happening toward the end of the event is frustrating. However, leaving this issue unresolved is something we could not do. This is to guarantee the overall health of the mega server. We will try to keep the maintenance window as low as possible.

However, we’ll pass some of this on to the team for future consideration regarding maintenance during the tail-end of an event, if avoidable. Thanks again for your patience and your feedback.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last day of every event is maintenance. It's not a big deal as most people don't play the hrs of the maintenance and the few hrs left of the event when it's over. Zeni is doing it right.
  • hcbigdogdoghc
    hcbigdogdoghc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not doing this will reduce event ticket sales on the crown store, so for ZOS that's a big no no.
  • WildLight
    WildLight
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking yesterday's 3 hours maintenance on PC EU was too good to be true. Nice to know that some things never change!
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jep, I was about posting some nice words of awesomeness about yesterday's record maintenance, which didn't even take the announced 3 hours. Now another 3h for today, ie the total is the usual 5-6h of downtime...
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crown Store is unavailable prior to maintenance, so I think I know what this maintenance today is about. When it comes to crown store maintenance is always a priority for ZOS no matter what. Too bad some game breaking bugs have not been it for years.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    The Crown Store is unavailable prior to maintenance, so I think I know what this maintenance today is about. When it comes to crown store maintenance is always a priority for ZOS no matter what. Too bad some game breaking bugs have not been it for years.

Ah, lol. That explains their hurry.

It's amazing, EU is always the one that's always down at annoying moments. Always. It's just sad honestly. Can't they just do it once we're asleep?
  • opticalgreeneb17_ESO
    Unbelievable! Who in their right mind would decide to do server maintenance during the last day of and event??? Was it so hard to delay the maintenance a few hours more? I go to work in 1 hour, no chance for me get the missing pages from the Impresario. But I guess in the end it's your game, you manage it they way you want, so will I manage my money the way I want, ESO+ unsubbed!
  • Sazakala
    Sazakala
    ✭✭
    When I saw the announcement this morning I instantly logged in and queued for daily dungeons. We speedran DSC2 with the tank disconnecting, then when the final boss was at around 40%, I got disconnected too. Didn't let me back for ~5 minutes, when it did I was dead and couldn't do anything before I got disconnected again. When it finally let me back in, I had 4 seconds before it kicked me from the dungeon (since I was alone), then the servers went down.

Early maintenance on event days has happened multiple times for us this year, too. We get maintenances extended all the time. We also had long maintenances at the middle of the day on holidays (like Easter Monday). And yet we still seem to have the most unstable server.

No matter how enjoyable the content (or how nice the community) is if their service they deliver it with is so abysmal. It doesn't matter how nice the food and pleasant the waiter are in a restaurant if at the middle of your dinner they turn off the power/heating, start to replace the windows, and every now and then a rat comes and steals food from your fork. Bon ap'!
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, leaving this issue unresolved is something we could not do.

You left Cyrodiil performance issues unresolved for years, Kevin! I am sure this can wait for a day! o:)
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    If I have understood correctly, from now on there is a maintenance of the maintenance... Only Zenimax can offer such a plus...

It is time to replace the servers that would like to retire...
    However, leaving this issue unresolved is something we could not do.

You left Cyrodiil performance issues unresolved for years, Kevin! I am sure this can wait for a day! o:)

And they are far from being resolved...
  • Eponavandrel
    Eponavandrel
    ✭✭
    Oh how sweet. I'm going to work at 2PM CEST so I will end up with 8/12 tickets and one house part missing because ZOS couldnt just wait 5 hours. And because they couldn't I'll have to wait till next event to get 2 more ticket and finish the house (assuming that Doomchar Plateau components will be still available ).
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Health : PC-EU

:lol:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surprise!!
    Is there anybody who doesnt expect this behavior? Its every event, ZOS always do maintenence in the end of every event or in middle some loooong maintenence. And because of the end of event we can expect some extention to maintenence with no excuse because this is real standart of ZOS.
    Edited by davidtk on 30 November 2021 10:07
    Really sorry for my english
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not complaining about the maintenance, as I feel if it has to be done it has to be done. Thank you ZOS for fixing those issues!

But how come it is always the PC EU server which has backend issues?... Is the EU population too large, do the EU players spam buttons more, is the EU server not well maintained, does the EU server have a heating issue, does the EU server have cheaper hardware, or something?
    I would love to see a short explanation on why it is always the PC EU server with backend issues.
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they could address the despawning mob issues. Another dungeon to add to the ever-growing list. vSCP Ogre twins kept on chain despawning until I just stood in the middle of the room and let them aggro me, instead of taunting. Not exactly how I want to start a fight....
    Edited by pklemming on 30 November 2021 10:13
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    Oh how sweet. I'm going to work at 2PM CEST so I will end up with 8/12 tickets and one house part missing because ZOS couldnt just wait 5 hours. And because they couldn't I'll have to wait till next event to get 2 more ticket and finish the house (assuming that Doomchar Plateau components will be still available ).

there is 5 fragments of the doomchar plateau house so you have 2 more tickets plus 20 more to get the house as long as you have the pet also. so they reduce the amount we all get and maybe we need to buy some from the crown store so you can get the house. as these will not be of use next year. its new pet and items so cannot carry anything over. but for real this is multiple times you do maintenance on eu on last day of event. also why just eu and not NA if same data on both servers and any maintenance on NA is at 4am in the morning but on pc EU they start at 10 am uk time. if you are only doing it on pc eu surely it can be done at 4am as you can do on american servers so why not on eu if its only a pc EU problem and dont need both servers down at the same time
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    sever is back up now
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭

server up
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    davapoole wrote: »
    sever is back up now

Maybe you couldn't login after a certain time IDK, but I logged in about a hour before the server was supposed to go down. I played for several hours up until now and it says the maintenance is complete at the top of the forums (I'm still logged in game just alt tab'd out) I was waiting for the message about the server going offline in 15 mins while I was playing. Never happened. I never got disconnected or anything.
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »
    Is there anybody who doesnt expect this behavior?

This guy, apparently:
    Unbelievable! Who in their right mind would decide to do server maintenance during the last day of and event???

Given that we've had this same thread pop up for all the previous events this year, I would have expected this and planned for it. /shrug
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a console player, I usually feel like we get the short end of the stick for everything. However, I guess we're not treated as poorly as PC EU, because at least we are all treated at the same level of "meh" no matter what server we choose.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."