Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Sorc Tanks and Healers need buffs?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Why or why not?

Do Sorc Tanks and Healers need buffs? 40 votes

Yes
40% 16 votes
No
55% 22 votes
Other
5% 2 votes
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voted no because sorc tanks and sorc healers are different builds and should be judged separately.

I have no experience with sorc healers, but sorc tanks are pretty good. They have a lot better tools for tanking than nightblades or templars, and they are very close to necro.
  • Dauntess13
    Dauntess13
    ✭✭
    My bet is the majority here votes no. I've never seen a community so against tanks and healers in whole gaming life. This whole community cries if there's one build that from either that is too strong because they can't gank them. How many overhauls were done for DPS vs support? Even this last update, I was actually excited. I thought tanks would get a buff from sets adding both Stam and magika stats. Turns out it was just for straight up DPS stats. My friends won't even play this game as they like playing healers and tanks. They just call the game DPS online when they ask if I'm playing it.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    See no problem with both.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What buffs would a Sorc tank even need they otherwise wouldn't already have access to? Or do you mean make them stronger? I'm reading this question wrong, aren't I?
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dauntess13 wrote: »
    My bet is the majority here votes no. I've never seen a community so against tanks and healers in whole gaming life. This whole community cries if there's one build that from either that is too strong because they can't gank them. How many overhauls were done for DPS vs support? Even this last update, I was actually excited. I thought tanks would get a buff from sets adding both Stam and magika stats. Turns out it was just for straight up DPS stats. My friends won't even play this game as they like playing healers and tanks. They just call the game DPS online when they ask if I'm playing it.

Well, any reasonable discussion require some background and talking points. As for me, last patch changes in CP gave tank quite nice boost - unlike DPS changes (they were done by previous patch) and with new sets or set changes (Crimson Oath, Tormentor) I think tanks are ok. But if you think different, you must be more specific than: pEOpLe hATe tAnKS!

No, people hate vixers, not tanks, because more good tanks means less time in queue or Craglorn, but as long as both, vixers & tanks, are using the same collection of skills, any change must be really well thought.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't say much about sorc tanks, but sorc healers are in a quite good spot in my opinion. I'd guess the main reason why we see so few sorc healers is that sorc dds are quite popular.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could make Conduit a nice buff synergy or buff the Atronach synergy in some way. Major berserk is fun and all until all your DPS literally have 100% major berserk.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think sorc tanks are decent. Sorc Healers are good for 4 player dungeons, because of the matriarch. But besides the matriarch the sorc healers dont have much (unique) to offer for healing and lack some group support compared to warden, necro, templar or even dragon knight.
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    As is, as long as you’re covering the buffs with other supports or support-dps they are fine. Heck, sorc tank got like one of the best mit and sustain.

I voted no cause I don’t want another sorc meta on pvp like the recent-ish that we got from no proc across pvp.

If you think that other classes are weak on their buffs for the trial team, talk with your mates so they can cover it on their side.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think sorc tanks are decent. Sorc Healers are good for 4 player dungeons, because of the matriarch. But besides the matriarch the sorc healers dont have much (unique) to offer for healing and lack some group support compared to warden, necro, templar or even dragon knight.

👀 When "even mythical dragon knight healers are better...
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on 27 November 2021 01:18
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont get what you want to tell us.

But probably you think that I said that dragon knight healers are good or even better, then no. But they have better group support capabilities (for example as a tank) than a sorc has and the most valuable group buff a sorc has will probably already be applied by a sorc DD who triggers it by his most powerful damage skill (not considering ultimates).
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a buff per se. But some skills could be reworked. Sorc healer doesn't bring anything besides good burst with matriarch. Tank is the same except with clannfear.

Even dk has more support class skills as a healer. Sorc is pretty much forced to use weapon/guild skills.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc tank has good mitigation and sustain.

Sorc healer is fine, and has a really strong burst heal.

Streak is a decent cc, they have a good immobilise and negate is great in some content.

I think they're pretty strong. Maybe they don't do anything better than others, but I don't think that's an issue.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dauntess13 wrote: »

OP is talking about PvE I assume.

And they changed sets so damage stats were matched. They can't do that with things that give regen or max resources be use it would be way too strong on everyone on every content.

And your friends should think outside the box. Fond sets that buff group which requires a good rotation to keep it fun. Or, for 4 man content, you don't need to be a full on tank or healer. Make a hybrid build. A tank healer so you then run 3 DPS. Or add damage in. My saptank has tanked all hardmode 4 man content with no healer, while pulling 20-25k DPS.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Sorc tank has good mitigation and sustain.

Sorc healer is fine, and has a really strong burst heal.

Streak is a decent cc, they have a good immobilise and negate is great in some content.

I think they're pretty strong. Maybe they don't do anything better than others, but I don't think that's an issue.

Have you actually tried to cc something with streak in PvE? They run towards group
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc Healer was just worse than every other healer once we lost the third bar, since the main burst heal and the main incentive to play sorc healer the twilight takes up two bar slots. Having one less buff/heal slot on a healer is a big deal.