The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Psijic Skill Imbue Weapon Toggle

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Keep going, do not listen to the bullies. You make your own builds and that is above what most of them here could muster.
    But what is up with the damage? 5,3k soul harvest crits with so much crit damage? Where do you invest your stats into? Sustain?
    Yes, sustain and speed. This character dates back to when I was a PvP noob and I discovered that high cloak sustain and Forward Momentum - the only snare removal available at the time - helped me survive as a solo player. I still think of her as a melee magblade, even though that isn't strictly accurate anymore.

I am also a speed addict and this character remains about perma-cloaking. I have a friend who builds his magblade for pure, non-proc damage. According to him the class still doesn't reach what other classes can do. It just becomes (remains?) extraordinarily squishy without a big payoff (ignoring bomblades for the moment).

Magsorc is IMO superior in the damage department. Put a destro staff with Crushing Shock in the hands of a magsorc and it feels usable. Do it on a magblade or a magplar and it feels like a wet noodle. That can only be down to sorc passives and the class' burst toolkit, but I'm not sure. It's how I felt when I tried the class (the character is a stamsorc now).

Things are also night and day when you're talking stamblade. I simply put on Spriggan, Bone Pirate, Master Bow, the speed ring and 1x other on that class. The damage is obscene. That's immediately obvious when you one-shot minor mobs in IC with a single weave of Surprise Attack. The killer, though, is how viable that sort of stamblade is, due to dodge roll and break free sustain. I had 2.5K stam regen and am told I could even cut that. On (melee) magblade I feel I have to work much harder. The damage isn't there or the survivability for lack stamina sustain. Get one - maybe - but not both. Caluurion is the saving grace, but Caluurion alone isn't enough. You can even see that in the clip against weak players. Of course they were - I know that. It took Swallow Soul / Impale to finish them off. If they defended properly, then my build wouldn't have had the sustained oomph to finish them, at least not alone. That first templar didn't manage his stamina and couldn't break free when he got killed.

Yet the last thing I want is advice on how to improve as a magblade or on any class for that matter. The priority of 95% of players - or at least the opinionated ones ;) - is damage, damage, damage. Perhaps there is a defense component to their plan, but it is typically not speed nor is it necessarily the fun factor a build might have or it's versatility. I know what I like and being effective is not my #1 priority. It's basically melee plus speed. Stamsorc is insanely fun, even if the class - and my build in particular - isn't the most effective killing machine.

This is something, above all, that @cheesefome does not get - that there are players in the game for whom kill potential isn't everything. Not when it comes at the expense of speed, sustain and utility. I like that my character is effective to a degree, but how she plays is ultimately more important to me. In terms of skill, I think there are are easier ways to score cheap kills than what I'm doing in that clip. In fact, I bet if you had 1vXd that particular trio on any "honorable" (non NB) stam class, you'd have dispatched them more quickly and easily than I did on my magblade.
    Edited by fred4 on 24 November 2020 18:30
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fred4 Sorry, I had no intention to educate you or give you advise. I was just wondering. I actually remember now some time ago where you said in another thread that you favor speed and sustain. Sorry.

As for people not using anything other than uppercut, jabs and the like, is likely that ranged spammables are just very bad.
    Much lower damage and often too easy to dodge or block compared to must swift melee strikes.

Edited by Dracane on 24 November 2020 16:58
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    @fred4 Sorry, I had no intention to educate you or give you advise. I was just wondering. I actually remember now some time ago where you said in another thread that you favor speed and sustain. Sorry.
    Oh, that wasn't specifically directed at you. No offense taken. It's just when I admit to something like my damage being low, the helpful advice tends to come in from everyone be it here, in game chat or in Discord. I just wanted to make it clear that I'm happy with the compromises I made.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

After some review, we would like to remind everyone that all posts should be kept civil, constructive, and within the guidelines of the Community Rules we have in place. As such, we have removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on Baiting.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Kory wrote: »
    Someone help me understand what is nice about this skill? It cost over 2k stamina, you're supposed to hit a light attack WITHIN 2 seconds for X amount of damage or else have half the cost refunded to you. The damage isn't substantial, I don't get it.

It rewards skilled gameplay. It is not about the refund as that only happens when one messes up. Further, it is one of the ways Zos has put an emphasis on weaving basic attacks.

The design of the skill works as intended.

^This.^

The skill is only "clunky" for players that haven't actually spent the time to practice with it.

Which kind of means the skill IS clunky.

I use it on some builds, but tend to avoid it... because its clunky. You can learn to use it, but that doesnt change the fact it is clunky. I like the word clunky, it sums up this skill perfectly, clunky but effective.
    Edited by Grianasteri on 30 November 2020 09:58
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I am not trolling. The burst combo I run is usually Elemental Weapon (from Cloak) -> Soul Harvest -> Fear (Caluurion) -> Swallow Soul / Impale. The timing of that combo is such that Caluurion activates after Soul Harvest (for the 20% damage buff), at which point people usually dodge roll or block, which is why I Fear.

Magblade healing is in such a state that I need heals from any source I can get. The Swallow Soul heal is not that effective against players, but it is not nothing and I spend a lot of time in IC where it's useful against bosses. I also use Concealed passively on the other bar. It is what it is. I play an open world build. It's the end of a long line of experimentation on my main character. Things are not so black and white. The skill is clearly viable in PvP and my build is on example. I view it as a burst skill, not a spammable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR0M7hlpFXk
    Hey there, Fred!

Great video. If you don't mind my asking, do you feel that the Undaunted Infiltrator/Unweaver sets work well with Imbue Weapon on the whole? Something about a build like this intrigues me.
    Edited by milesrodneymcneely2_ESO on 16 March 2021 22:58
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no..... this will be hella bad because it is ment to be as spammible that activates on la.... if it is toggle it goes of the gcd.... meaning you can cast a skill(spammable for example) and la... giving you the damage of 2 spammables and a la with each weave.... as you can guess this will be stupid broken in pvp and will skyrocket the dps to absurd levels.... exactly the opposite of what zos wants
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭
    i smell an untouched exploit(for years no less).

i agree with everyone that wants this to be a toggle that adds x dmg to lights/X dmg to heavies.

*stares at name--->"IMBUE WEAPON", not coat(we already have poisons for- oh right those override enchants<_<), not strike weakness(how many classes/guilds/weapons have brutality and weakness already?). it would be a second enchant on your weapon.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if imbue weapon was reworked? I truly hate how clunky it feels to use, since it immediately procs off of any la, even ones already in flight which doesn't make any sense.

Then they just made a sorc crystal stam skill a literal copy with the same clunkiness.

Now hear me out, npcs add elements to their weapon with a duration like alchemist type enemies setting their sword on fire and such. What if imbue weapon did this for melee weapons?

It would be a long duration but a new effect: it completely overrides the physical damage the weapon does to magic damage instead with a small increase, and also makes the weapon restore magicka on heavy attacks instead of stam.

Mag melee weapon problem solved. Can't be used as stam for huge damage, and doesn't do spammable damage either. Would give a whole new way to play?
    Edited by Ryuvain on 28 November 2021 06:17
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm not a fan of the sound it does :(
    Edited by francesinhalover on 6 December 2021 00:07
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!