The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rethinking Mend Wounds from the Psijic Skill Line

• thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    One option is to disable toggle and be automatically toggled on the bar it is slotted.
    This way they can also give some active part for the ability.

Heavy attack is horrible and unusable. I'd imagine something like this would fix it: untargeted channel, creates healing globes all around you, they target random damaged allies around each 0.5s, restores mana on heal. Close to what we have now, but being untargeted is really the main thing here. Also healing amount can be increased, compare that to damaging heavys - they hit quite hard, heavy attack healing should heal quite a lot too - you aren't using skills while you are at it.

I like the idea of healing globes that look like the ones from the pisjic passive. It would be great to have 1 morph be for healing and 1 for damage over time.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up this skill yesterday and while it's great because it can heal on the same global cooldowns as other skills, both morphs are just bad, total waste of a skill point.

Mend Spirit with its Major Resolve for reasons mentioned in several posts above. Recently the Deliberation passive was changed from standard Major Protection to a completely unique damage resistance effect that matches the pre-nerf Major Protection. Major Resolve provides roughly 9% mitigation. It should be converted to a unique 8% mitigation buff (equivalent of old Minor Prot) that stacks with everything else. Then the 5 seconds duration would be fully justified. Alternatively it could provide Minor Evasion, since that buff has only one source and it can't be applied to party members.

I don't know what to do about Symbiosis, maybe it could be more useful if it healed the next lowest health target for 50%. Only one extra target instead of making it a splash effect, so it wouldn't be abused too much in group PvP.

Another flaw of this skill is that it doesn't proc Spell Orb. At the very least heavy attacks should generate charges because they already prevent ability casts. Heavy resto attacks deal damage, heal allies, buff the caster with Major Mending and trigger enchantments. Mend Wounds already costs a precious skill slot and it does less than half of what a resto staff can do.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    Instead of a toggle, it should be backbarred (no toggle), and the enchantment should still take effect.

Basically, if you have it slotted at all, the weapon will not appear. This way you can swap between healer without staff, and a frontbar weapon/staff.

No AoE's though as someone pointed out. Unless you have an activation cost.

Like 5 light attacks let you get counters to do a big aoe heal for 5,000 magicka or something. Think of it like: a strictly healer version of "Nightblade's focus"

It obviously needs to be balanced as far as the magicka cost and heal amount. But I think this is a good start to a revamp for this skill.

Not trying to toot my own horn, but is no one considering the simplicity of my proposal? This makes it 10x better because he toggle is the most annoying aspect of it. I'd rather lose an enchant for "free" cost LA heals, and activate the ability for (highest resource pool cost) to use an AOE burst heal when enough charge counters collect.

It solves a lot of issues, the only downside is that if you equip anything but a restoration staff, you may not get as much healing done from the passives of restoration staff. Heavy attacks for Mend Wounds needs to activate the restoration staff passive of Major Mending with my proposed change to work. May take some effort on ZoS' end--but should be doable..?
    Edited by Syrpynt on 9 November 2021 17:25
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of a toggle, it should be backbarred (no toggle), and the enchantment should still take effect.

Basically, if you have it slotted at all, the weapon will not appear. This way you can swap between healer without staff, and a frontbar weapon/staff.

No AoE's though as someone pointed out. Unless you have an activation cost.

Like 5 light attacks let you get counters to do a big aoe heal for 5,000 magicka or something. Think of it like: a strictly healer version of "Nightblade's focus"

It obviously needs to be balanced as far as the magicka cost and heal amount. But I think this is a good start to a revamp for this skill.

Not trying to toot my own horn, but is no one considering the simplicity of my proposal? This makes it 10x better because he toggle is the most annoying aspect of it. I'd rather lose an enchant for "free" cost LA heals, and activate the ability for (highest resource pool cost) to use an AOE burst heal when enough charge counters collect.

It solves a lot of issues, the only downside is that if you equip anything but a restoration staff, you may not get as much healing done from the passives of restoration staff. Heavy attacks for Mend Wounds needs to activate the restoration staff passive of Major Mending with my proposed change to work. May take some effort on ZoS' end--but should be doable..?

Toot away. Occam's razor is a thing. And I like this idea.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

If the developers ever use this idea (big doubt), then I hope they don't overlook this part:

"...activate the ability for (highest resource pool cost) to use an AOE burst heal when enough charge counters collect."

Becuase I have a stamina healer now, and it's literally the only reason I have a healer. I hate doing meta stuff, and I did my build on pure theory. So for it to always be a magicka cost (needs a stamina morph or something), would kill this ability for me.
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭

If the developers ever use this idea (big doubt), then I hope they don't overlook this part:

"...activate the ability for (highest resource pool cost) to use an AOE burst heal when enough charge counters collect."

Becuase I have a stamina healer now, and it's literally the only reason I have a healer. I hate doing meta stuff, and I did my build on pure theory. So for it to always be a magicka cost (needs a stamina morph or something), would kill this ability for me.

I'd maybe add not just resource but highest offensive stats.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

Ehh. This is where I diverge with most players, I think. Healing and damage potency are too entwined right now (imho). I have a broken healer+dps right now and I hate that I discovered this flaw. It takes no skill, just farming for the right gear and slotting some BiS abilities. I barely do 30k dps on any of my characters because I don't do meta stuff. I think it's still broken because despite that dps, my character is a HEALER Primarily. That should mean my healer's dps should suck. But instead I can 1vX in PvP for a short while, and their weapon skills are still below 40, and only 2 armor pieces are gold...

TL;DR: I'd prefer to stick with "max stam/mag pool" for healing abilities and sets, just like how ZoS has been pointing the sets towards this year. It mitigates roles from being bridged and broken in the multiplayer content.
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭

Ehh. This is where I diverge with most players, I think. Healing and damage potency are too entwined right now (imho). I have a broken healer+dps right now and I hate that I discovered this flaw. It takes no skill, just farming for the right gear and slotting some BiS abilities. I barely do 30k dps on any of my characters because I don't do meta stuff. I think it's still broken because despite that dps, my character is a HEALER Primarily. That should mean my healer's dps should suck. But instead I can 1vX in PvP for a short while, and their weapon skills are still below 40, and only 2 armor pieces are gold...

TL;DR: I'd prefer to stick with "max stam/mag pool" for healing abilities and sets, just like how ZoS has been pointing the sets towards this year. It mitigates roles from being bridged and broken in the multiplayer content.

I hear you. I could see the heal morph being stat dependent and a damage DOT being weapon/spell damage dependent. Personally don't think stam needs anything from this line anymore though.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's fun skill just something feels lacking