Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in combat in The Deadlands

majulook
majulook
✭✭✭✭✭
Stuck in combat cannot mount or travel unless I walk / run. No enemy around me. Game is broken.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm that this is happening now. I'm PC-NA.
    Finished a world boss fight and was stuck in combat for about 20 minutes.
    I tried...
    Sneaking
    Roll dodging
    Reload-UI
    Disabling add-ons and reloading UI...
    And none of it worked.
    I tried to use my mount to travel to the way shrine but couldn't Mount because I was in combat and had to run to the wayshrine.
    I tried to use the wayshrine to portal out of the zone but they are disabled if it thinks you're in combat and you can't use them
    I then tried to quit the game but was given the notification that I could not quit because I was in combat. I had to hit alt f4 to quit the game.

I'm enjoying the patch so far overall but this bug makes it very difficult xD
    Edited by GrahamJoyce on 1 November 2021 17:22
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have to ALT-F4 to force quit game.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to use the wayshrine to portal out of the zone but they are disabled if it thinks you're in combat and you can't use them

Well, multiple people said it was a very bad idea to add this in some recent update... earlier you could port away and the zone change full caused a full character load into a new zone which solved many issues, but now you just stuck there...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I tried...
    Sneaking
    Roll dodging
    Reload-UI
    And none of it worked.
    I tried to use my mount to travel to the way shrine but couldn't Mount because I was in combat and had to run to the wayshrine.
    I then tried to quit the game but was given the notification that I could not quit because I was in combat. I had to hit alt f4 to quit the game.

Which world boss did you fight?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had that happen on PTS last night just walking around... I was checking out a poison flower and it stuck until I force quitted.

* I tried wayshrine-ing away but no porting worked.
    Edited by MinuitPro on 1 November 2021 17:49
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    I tried...
    Sneaking
    Roll dodging
    Reload-UI
    And none of it worked.

We killed "The Unmaker". I was part of a group that killed it but got stuck in combat after I left the group.
    Thanks for the speedy reply @ZOS_GinaBruno 🙂
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also a random world encounter that involves a dremora summoning a daedroth illusion. After viewing that one was stuck in combat as well.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm. Have to quit out of game to do anything.

I LOVE new content, don't you? :D
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried...
    Sneaking
    Roll dodging
    Reload-UI
    And none of it worked.

We killed "The Unmaker". I was part of a group that killed it but got stuck in combat after I left the group.
    Thanks for the speedy reply @ZOS_GinaBruno 🙂

I also fought The Unmaker and was stuck in combat for 10+ minutes afterwards. I had to quit the game completely to get it to drop combat. Couldn't even port at a wayshrine.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all! We believe we identified the issue and will roll out a fix as soon as we can.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone tried dodge roll when you get stuck in combat? I havent had the Deadlands bug but any time in the past that I've been stuck in combat a dodge roll cleared it.
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    Wavek wrote: »
    Anyone tried dodge roll when you get stuck in combat? I havent had the Deadlands bug but any time in the past that I've been stuck in combat a dodge roll cleared it.

I tried but it didn't work :(
    Thanks all! We believe we identified the issue and will roll out a fix as soon as we can.

Nice! Thanks for keeping us updated @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Typically killing anything else will clear in-combat, including shooting 1HP critters.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With any luck this is the same issue they have not addressed in Cyrodiil for years and it will finally get fixed! (I can always hope)
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having this issue in other zones as well
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    With any luck this is the same issue they have not addressed in Cyrodiil for years and it will finally get fixed! (I can always hope)

I wouldn't count on that. In Cyrodiil it's caused by ball groups most of the time because of how complexed are in combat checks and the fact that ball group members die very rarely. In PvE mobs will die
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This STILL happens at the end of Vollenfall and has been going on for YEARS so don't hold your breath for a fix
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

I had it happen without actually fighting anyone. Once, when grabbing the "broken bridge" skyshard, once, while excavating an antiquity. The screen border went red, but nothing was attacking me. I have finished the excavation then could not get out of combat, had to log out.

Maybe I was in range of one of the wandering bosses, no idea, but I was not actually attacked.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has happened to me in the Deadlands a couple of times as well. I tried all the usual things - bar swap, crouch, dodge roll, etc with no luck, but entering a delve fixed it. Just a heads up as something to try if this happens to you.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this in the Deadlands today as well (first time). Did not find the tip about entering a delve in time. I was not able to log out "while in combat" of course, so just used Alt-F4 to close the game.

As best I can tell, the unexpected permanent combat began when I passed the vicinity of some sort of random event. Some sort of monster spawned out of a portal and was immediately marked on my HUD bar as an enemy. I didn't get to see what it was, because I was much too far away to trigger normal aggro on enemy mobs - maybe "50 meters" (rough estimate, game distance)? I was heading elsewhere at the time and didn't think it important enough to double back to kill the enemy mob - oh well, something new every day.