Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Endless loading screen before choosing characters

darkwraight
Hi, Xbox EU since Waking Flame goes live im getting an endless loading screen after the page play, choose server before the character selection, this is happening randomly but everydays. I tried the following: clear cache, resynch savedata, hard reset still doing endless loading screen before character selection.

Anyone else having this?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 16 September 2021 17:31
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @darkwraight

If you've not done so, please open a ticket with customer support for assistance. If you already have a ticket open, you can post your ticket number here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can't even get to the character select screen tonight.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @StarOfElyon

Have you tried going through the steps in our help article linked below?

What do I do if I my ESO character can't load into a zone?
    Staff Post
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had to clear my local saved games when it happens. Definitely not ideal, but it works
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having this same issue now starting after today's maintenance. Xbox series S NA server but happens if I try the European one to. After selecting the server, it cuts to the loading screen and just cycles for ages until eventually timing out and looping back to the server select. I've tried restarting the Xbox 3 times now, clearing the cache and save data and am currently reinstalling the game to give that a try. Nothing so far has worked. Have probably spent close to 2 hours this afternoon just trying to login and haven't made it to the character select a single time.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HybridFreak

If you've not done so, we recommend starting a ticket with support for further help.
    Staff Post
  • darkwraight
    Still happening even reinstalling or resync savedata olso even zoning sometimes i get this endless loading screens.

• HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @HybridFreak

If you've not done so, we recommend starting a ticket with support for further help.

I did and customer support already closed it. They just copied and pasted the standard Xbox support things to try and said to contact Xbox customer support if none of them work. 🤦‍♂️
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Completely reinstalling the game has fixed the issue for now. However, I will not consider this as a true fix. Reinstalling the game literally eats up 10% of my household's monthly internet data allotment. This is unacceptable as a means of fixing a login issue.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HybridFreak

Thank you for the update that reinstalling has resolved the loading issue for now. Please let us know if the issue returns at any point.
    Staff Post
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    So this happened to me after waking flame. I also reinstalled the game and that worked for a little while but over the last week it's been coming back. yesterday after maintenance it took me thirty minutes to log on, today I cannot get to character select on either the EU or NA server at all. It won't work even after deleting save game each attempt, full reset of my Xbox multiple times and even resetting my router. I just time out before character select most times, other times if freezes completely on the load screen and I have to force close the game. I tried to get on for about three hours today. I'm about to give up and go to work now since I ran out of time.
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    This is still broken and I know I'm not the only one. Just because we can eventually log on after multiple resets of the console or in the worst case yet another full reinstall of the game (a 90GB+ download every two weeks really isn't fun) doesn't mean it is fixed. Can we at least get some acknowledgement that you are aware of this and looking into this.
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Was able to play without issue this morning but the issue popped back up again today earlier this afternoon. Was doing the exact same thing as before. Thankfully leaving the Xbox unplugged for a few minutes to clear the cache and deleting the save file managed to fix it this time.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me three hours to log in today.
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    40 minutes to log in tonight
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has turned into a nightmare. So far, I have spent the last hour trying to get to the character select screen and still no joy. I am a long time sub and have been playing ESO for nearly 6 years...

Is there any hope of this ever being investigated and fixed by the company I give money to so I can play this game? Please???
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is now a few months old, we are going to close the thread. If you are still encountering loading issue, please go ahead and start a new discussion to seek assistance.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.